• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Releases [2006-01-06]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
According to RightStuf's release page, yes. Full Moon wo Sagashite has FINALLY been licensed all thanks to Viz. Razz

Two questions now remain: who's dubbing it and are they going to dub the songs? (something tells me Viz not putting song subtitles is pretty much a given Confused )

That disappoints me as the songs are as important as the dialogue. It would be a crime NOT to sub the songs.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:43 am Reply with quote
O M G. I would have expected Funimation to pick it up. But yeah, I'll wait for the reviews, and if there's no song subbing, Viz won't be getting 42 episodes worth of my money. I was already annoyed enough at being driven to animelyrics.com for SaiKano and Ayashi no Ceres. Sure, R1 discs aren't going to have fancy karaoke and other song effects, but if there's no translation whatsoever, people will definitely stick to the fansubs.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Sure, R1 discs aren't going to have fancy karaoke and other song effects, but if there's no translation whatsoever, people will definitely stick to the fansubs.

If R1 discs dont stop being overpriced, released at a slow rate, and have retarded delays and such, people will definantly stick to fansubs.

(not that this is to say that everyone who continues to get fansubs feels this way. Some people get them just because they want to, or something. )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2