• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valentines Day JPOP Party in Ottawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerseymilk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Heh heh, it was funny to see this advertised on the ANN site, though it will definitely get the word out. Still don't know if I'll be able to make it though..... Confused I hope I can anyway.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, an Anime club based Jpop party on Valentines Day. It'll go off like cheese in the sun (it's not the good kind of off) :/
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I'd go to support the local anime scene, but... it's a dance. On Valentine's Day. And I have no fond desire to re-live high school memories from a decade-and-a-half ago of going to dances alone and staying alone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jerseymilk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
I never went to high school dances because why would I want to socialize with people that I had to put up with during regular school? Anyway, you don't have to dance with someone at a dance. You just get up and dance. I know the local Halloween dance that the Comic Book Shoppe has every year works the same way. Nobody dances as couples, everybody just gets up and dances and it's fun, because quite frankly we're all crazy weirdos to begin with. Very Happy
mokitty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote
The party's on Friday the 10th, not Tuesday the 14th -- actual Valentine's Day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1