• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Isaac Lew

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Isaac is a fun guy, really. Love talking to him, really energetic, and the most flame-boyant hair in the biz... (the fact that it looks like its on fire, not the other way)... after my own, of course. *fluffs afro*
Anath_19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Why is yaoi so crazy popular?
Well, in short some guys like to see girl on girl action.

Anime hyper Was this a typo? Because that's the exact opposite of what the answer should be. Or maybe he's just being sarcastic and I don't realize it?
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
...that's what he said, but, uh, yeah, I think he meant the other way around.
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I understood it... or at least that's a good way of explaining why the same would be true for girls, but inverted, of course XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:
Quote:

Why is yaoi so crazy popular?
Well, in short some guys like to see girl on girl action.

XD Was this a typo? Because that's the exact opposite of what the answer should be. Or maybe he's just being sarcastic and I don't realize it?

It's a comparison...it's common knowledge that guys like girl-on-girl action, so he's saying that it makes perfect sense that girls would, in turn, like boy-boy love.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
What's with the Pepsi advertisement? Does he just like Pepsi?
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
Nice interview. I wonder, with their relationship with Gonzo and Range Murata, if they'll pick up the Last Exile Aerial Log. Its popularity is on a downcurve, so it's probably not all that likely, but having the encyclopedia and world guide in English could settle a few debates.
daveriley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
evilnekohilda wrote:
I understood it... or at least that's a good way of explaining why the same would be true for girls, but inverted, of course Anime hyper

Maybe it's a little harder to grasp in text, but I understood it as a sort of sarcastic "Well SOME guys like girl on girl action, I don't know if you've heard about this? It's sorta rare, y'know." So, yeah, it's logical that it works the other way too.
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
What I wonder is if they are doing any tours around Nippon 2007. (I hope to be there.)

http://www.nippon2007.org/

The vision I have is their taking over a ryokan near the con so that participants can get rooms at a cheaper rate than Western style hotels.

This would be a great opportunity for them. Heck they could even do a "meet us there" package for those flying in from other parts of the world.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Henry Jones wrote:
I wonder, with their relationship with Gonzo and Range Murata, if they'll pick up the Last Exile Aerial Log. Its popularity is on a downcurve, so it's probably not all that likely, but having the encyclopedia and world guide in English could settle a few debates.

Wasn't that an exclusive item for a convention, or am I thinking of something else? At any rate, yeah ...it might not make here like Robot did.

Isaac said in another interview (I'll have to look for source again since he has about 5 interviews about the same thing. Must really love to talk, ha) that they are talking about bringing Murata's re: futurythem if Robot sells well. I understand it's a hard market for an very high quality art book laid out as manga to find a stable base, but here's hoping.

Mr. Lew is great, though. I didn't know he knew Range Murata on a personal level. I lack the flamboyant doo, but we both loved Ebony and Ivory by Suzuhito Yasuda. I really can't wait till Vol. 2 comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aka-san

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:
What's with the Pepsi advertisement? Does he just like Pepsi?

Yes. I like Pepsi... I like Pepsi a lot. (I'm also hoping for a WWE and Pepsi deal for doing completely nothing at all...)
Aka-san

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quote
Rutilcaper wrote:
evilnekohilda wrote:
I understood it... or at least that's a good way of explaining why the same would be true for girls, but inverted, of course Anime hyper

Maybe it's a little harder to grasp in text, but I understood it as a sort of sarcastic "Well SOME guys like girl on girl action, I don't know if you've heard about this? It's sorta rare, y'know." So, yeah, it's logical that it works the other way too.

Yeah, sorry about that everyone...

It didn't come out to well on paper, er internet... ahh text!

I should have added... "Well SOME guys like girl on girl action, so now girls just wanna have fun..."

(ok I will stop playing my old records now...)
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Cowpunk wrote:

http://www.nippon2007.org/

This would be a great opportunity for them. Heck they could even do a "meet us there" package for those flying in from other parts of the world.

I'd be in that Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1