• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinichiro Watanabe in Detroit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I need to speak to a Detroit-based anime fan about the Shinichiro Watanabe appearance in Detroit. I am writing a story about it for the Detroit Free Press.
Thanks,
John Monaghan
Email me at [email protected]
Grico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Shinichiro Watanabe talking at MSU, that's crazy. I'm pretty psyched to be able to see him at my actual school.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, does anyone else find the DIA film theatre to be insanely frustrating? The press release said you could call and reserve tickets. When you call, you just get a long recording advertising their current showings and then an answering machine. Then I tried to buy a ticket online, and it took me a while (partly because I'm dumb) to find the Watanabe event. Then you have to make an account with the DIA to buy the ticket. THEN when I finally went to buy it, the Quantity of tickets kept resetting itself to zero, so I think they've officially charged my credit card with $0.00 and I don't think I bought anything... even though I got an order number. I think I sort of went through this fiasco before when I was trying to see The Animation Show. AUGH!

And MSU... lucky! I wonder what made him decide to go there, of all places.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Coderjoe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
I did not see any details on the other show, it is possible its somewhere else, not the Detroit Institute of Arts.

The Flier for the Thrursday presentation says "303 International Center", and is sponsored by the MSU Asian Studies Center. Their website is at http://asianstudies.msu.edu/ and says that they are located at 301 International Center in East Lansing. This means that the Thursday presentation is happening on the MSU campus in East Lansing, not in Detroit (as the article said).
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
While I am happy for MSU.......

But it's only a short distance to Illinois! Come to Chicago Watanabe, PLEASE!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Trident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Yes, but compare the quantity of cool stuff in Chicago to the quantity of cool stuff in Detroit. I'm still wondering how we got the Superbowl.

And I'm totally going to the MSU presentation (since I work there and all)... Yeah, I'm a bit excited...
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote
Somehow the animation department at my school (College for Creative Studies) got him to come here before the show at the DIA! I don't know how they did it, but I'm not complaining. Since I already reserved tickets at the DIA... guess I'm seeing him twice. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2