• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Comic shop had a sweet 60% off today! Easter sale! And they had tons of new stuff since last I'd been there! So all for about $80:

After School Charisma 9
Dragon Ball 10-11-12
D.Gray Man 7-8-9
Gangtsa 1, 2
High School Debut 4-5-6
Lone Wolf & Cub omnibus 4
March Story 5
No 6 v 5, 6
Psyren 15, 16
Skip Beat! 19-20-21
Wolfsmund 4

This completes two series (March Story and Psyren) and starts one more (Gangsta). I really need to catch up on my reading, lol
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Got an Amazon gift card for Easter today. So decided to milk it on an old favorite of mine from 2011. Snagged up both sets of Penguindrum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:23 am Reply with quote
Had some extra cash this week so I bought volumes 7-9 of Star Driver. Somewhere around $90 for the three. Calculated how much I have spent on the nine volume set: $201.64 after shipping. A few of the copies were brand new, but most used. I WILL CHERISH THESE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Now, onto the current Igarashi/Enokido work of art...CAPTAIN EARTH!!

Considering another non-airing show to pick up: I'm either going with the mind trip Tatami Galaxy or the light hearted Natsuiro Kiseki.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
ccChuey123 wrote:
fireaxe wrote:
I just recently received my order from HMV JP; the Madoka Rebellion LE set along with the Kara no Kyoukai ~ Mirai Fukuin LE.
Since I didn't order from Rightstuf I did not get the translation booklet for Rebellion, but except I got this rather nice Homura poster, which was HMV's exclusive bonus item.

Does the Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin LE include subtitles?

Sorry for being a few days late, but sadly Aniplex decided not to include English subs for this one, even if the original BD-Box had them. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
^ That is so dumb.

I've been re-watching the series,and if this had english subs I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Sad
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I need to get Mirai Fukuin. Ugh been buying wayy too much stuff lately.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
^ That is so dumb.

I've been re-watching the series,and if this had English subs I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Sad

Yeah, that really annoys me too. I would definitely have bought it. Mad
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Ordered last night through Best Buy's online anime sale, Kokoro Connect OVA Blu-ray for $17.99...they actually have lots of good stuff on sale right now, lots looking to be about half off or even a little better (which is welcome on Sentai's pricy Blu-rays). Only available online, not in stores, it seems.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Went to B&N to pick up a puzzle book for my mom and happened to see this "Map of Westeros: Free with purchase of any two items". Note, this just said "items", not "Game of Thrones related items", so I picked up Animal Land 4 for my second item to get the map!
Not anime, but got season 1 of Gargoyles at Walmart for $10. I've never seen it before, but have heard only good things about it.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
^ That is so dumb.

I've been re-watching the series,and if this had English subs I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Sad

Yeah, that really annoys me too. I would definitely have bought it. Mad

And apparently in recent cons Aniplex USA kept refusing to comment on the chance of a North American realease for Mirai Fukuin... My guess is we won't hear anything about it in the next 6 months, at the very least.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered the following off Rightstuf...

Love Lab
Short Peace
Watamote
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, my last planned anime related purchase was for a weekend pass at Another Anime Convention in New Hampshire. I've been wanting to go to this one for a few years now, in part because it's only a couple hours drive away, and also because even though I've been to 14 conventions, I've never been to a small convention. Those 14 have been across 3 different conventions, Anime Boston, Otakon, and Anime Expo, so all my convention experience has been at large to the largest anime conventions in the US. Even when I went to my first Anime Boston back in 2006, the attendance was already over 9000, so I've wanted to go to a convention like AAC where the attendance is only at around the 3000 mark.

At any rate, I bought one of their VIP badges, which for $100 is a pretty good deal. It grants you all 3 days at the convention, first access to guest autograph sessions, first access to guest photo sessions, priority seating to masquerade, anime dating game, and AMV contest, the ability to skip any line once per day, a voucher for the convention t-shirt, and a special lanyard. I wish more conventions did this. Anime Expo could charge three times as much, and as long as they gave all these privileges, I'd gladly pay it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:37 am Reply with quote
Picked up Bride of the Water God 15, Pandora Hearts 7 and Dawn of the Arcana 12 the other day.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote
Didn't mention that I finally got the Psycho-Pass Premium Edition last week which I funded with my birthday money. I'm really glad that I bought it. It's my most expensive anime purchase to date but it was totally worth it.

Also bought Hakuoki Season 2 and 3 R2 DVD, Nisekoi GN1 and His Favorite GN1.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Got some random stuff at used places. And some games at Gamestop because 2+ used games gives you 20% off, 4+ 30%, and 6+ 40%.

Angel Sanctuary OVA
Fake OVA
(both of these are random OVAs for manga I have, and were $1, so why not?)
Rumic World 1 (since it's episodic, any order is fine with me, I really do like her short stories and wanted to try this out)
Vandred (singles 1-8 + artbox, $15)

And all PS3 games for around $52 combined:
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Dragon Age 1
LA Noire
Infamous 2
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
(had the Quest for Booty download code unused! Huzzah! So like 7 games if you count that)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1132 of 1400