• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:43 am Reply with quote
It's been a while since I last posted in this thread. Haven't really bought a lot because my cats have been sick and they're way more important than anime.

Gosick Series Collection R4 DVD
Gundam Unicorn Part 2 DVD

Oh, and I bought an UtaPri 2000% Ittoki glass. Not like I needed any more glasses, but I saw it in a store and since it's really rare to find things like that round here I just bought it.

@lem: Which edition of Cowboy Bebop is that? It looks great.
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I got Final Fantasy Unlimited complete box set for $1.99 on ebay, it also came with vol. 1 of Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. I'm not a Final Fantasy fanboy so I am enjoying it as a story on it's own. I also got the Lost Universe box set.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Got Infinite Stratos Season 2 in the mail.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Bought Place to Place on Amazon. I still laugh just as much no matter how many times I watch it.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
I bought Akiba's Trip for PS VITA
the stripping aspect is goofy but the game is pretty interesting
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Cats over anime. Always Very Happy

lem wrote:
It's one of the three raw blu-ray editions @ AmznJp COWBOY BEBOP Blu-ray BOX (Limited Edition)(初回限定版)

I was very satisfied with the UK collector's edition BD sets that I own. But now that I've seen those pictures, not so much. Christ, those look amazing. Especially that one that's limited to Amazon Shocked
lem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
Cats over anime. Always Very Happy

well I like Cats in anime too, or in animation from anywhere actually, like say a Cat in Paris... and of course there's this magical bus or even a President of a certain company; Jingoro; JiJi; the Baron; Nuku Nuku; Nyanko-san, and, and I'll stop already. Laughing
Quote:
...very satisfied with the UK collector's edition BD sets that I own.

Last year I couldn't wait for an R1 release so I imported those as well. It's a nice quality set, very happy to have them in my collection.

and for this year I've already pre-ordered these (it's not that I'm obsessed with the show or anything like that. really. it's not Anime catgrin )
Cowboy Bebop Complete Series - FUNimation Exclusive Blu-ray & DVD
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

*now thinking about getting Gosick and Place to Place*

but before deciding on those I just pre-ordered the new release of Slam Dunk: Season 1, Vol. 1 to go with the manga I've been collecting and the 4 dvd volumes that I bought years ago.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
My bank account's been charged for my pre-orders Patema Inverted and Welcome to the Space Show via Rightstuf, meaning they should be shipping out soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
@Ggultra2764
Welcome to the Space Show's a visual treat! I'm okay with waiting for the UK release of Patema though.

went lookin' for more stuff from the land of Oz and ended up placing my first order with Chaos for Nichijou: My Ordinary Life Series Collection Subtitled Edition) (Region 4 DVD)
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
@lem nice Bebop get. I like how compact it is. I've always wondered, is the box textured to the touch? I had been eying the black & white collage edition for a while but the FUNimation special tri-fold finally won me over (mostly due to price lol) I swear as soon as I'm finished collecting all of these single discs from '10-'13 I'm going to treat myself to a nice BD box again...someday lol. Still need that eighth volume of Tiger & Bunny just can't bring myself to pay the out-of-print price.
lem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
@lem nice Bebop get. I like how compact it is. I've always wondered, is the box textured to the touch?
...just can't bring myself to pay the out-of-print price.

Thanks, it's similar to that lazy boy fake leather, it's not cow of course, but yes it's textured. And like those life saver colored JP Ghibli releases, it has this well made, simple elegance to it. It won't be white cornering or falling apart any time soon.

For one of those shows that got me hooked early on it's nice to be able to support it again. As for the FUNI release, really lookin' forward to that one too.

Out-Of-Print or outrageously overpriced? Mad I understand that a service is being provided and all but yeah, damn OOP prices can just blow me. I missed my chance to buy a Kimagure Orange Road Box set with liner notes way back when, so now whenever I check and see that one reseller has hoarded 3 of them and is asking 1200 bucks for each I just throw my hands up. Aint happenin'. Very Happy

So which show are you going to get a BD box for next?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
@lem you are probably right on the overpriced I haven't checked Amazon.co.jp lately so I just assumed the range I was seeing everywhere. Tiger & Bunny has had its ups and downs for me collecting. I've always regretted canceling my vol.1 order years ago only to see it skyrocket to three times the normal price. Now the eighth and ninth volumes are the pain in the ass buys. The super deflated yen is helping though.

The next BD box preorder I make will be without a doubt Fate/Stay night UBW I. It streets close to my birthday so I will guaranteed have cash for it. The next older box I buy will be either the first Fate/Stay night adaptation or the one for Super Robot Wars The Inspector. What I really need to buy a new shelf first lol I completely ran out of space many months ago so I'm just stacking discs on discs. I can't use the bottom two rows of my current shelf because my kid can reach everything on them ha ha. Shame because its a really nice shelf too one of those stylish ladder ones
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered The Tale of Princess Kaguya via Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
@luffypirate85,
you aren't kiddin' about those prices (¥13,280 and 34,799 new), and what they want for the complete T&B blu box. Ouch. I've only seen the first ep of the newer F/S UBW but I really liked what I saw so I'm probably going to end up with more of that franchise on my shelf next year as well.

is this the older box you're looking for?

and these just shipped Spirited Away [Blu-ray] and Space ☆ Dandy OST2
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1166 of 1400