• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Bought all the Pokémon Adventures boxsets from Rightstuf's Viz special.

It's amazing how they seem to read my mind on what I want to get during the holidays.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
I bought Danganronpa 2 and Tales of Hearts R for VITA
DAnime hyper NEW arrived this week
I couldnt become a hero should arrive next week
I also ordered some Love Live! figures
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
like 10+ volumes of one piece, vizbig kenshin 8 and volume 0 of ubel blatt. I started using Quidco to get cashback as i spend so much at amazon and other online book stores i figured if i get even 2-5% back it'll mount up and turn into free books and we dont get nice sales over here like you lot do stateside so I've gotta beg and scrape where i can.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Grabbed some manga:

Food Wars 2
Naruto 67
No.6 9
World Trigger 1 & 2
Magi 8
Monster Perfect Edition 2
Gundam the Origin 7
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
placed my first order with Madman for GOSICK SERIES COLLECTION (SUBTITLED EDITION)
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote
@lem I was thinking about getting this one for the import collection

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B001REPQKW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1416222462&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40

If you can find a profile picture of the box it looks sweet. Not as nice as the Geneon USA DVD one I miss that box I sold it to a friend a few years back.

BTW I was browsing Amazon.co.jp last night and came across a used copy of Tiger & Bunny vol.8 for ¥3700 I think I'm going to swoop it up! That and a few copies of Penguindrum I know there is a BD box coming but I really like the designs of those single discs I also found some Tatami Galaxy singles I need for less than ¥2000 a piece I had ordered the last of the four I needed from the US Amazon a month ago but the vendor bailed on me. Good thing because they were more expensive than these.

I'm going to order this one soon...probably right after the semester is up:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B00OR59DEI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1416222500&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

An A3, a B1, and a steel case for the CDs totally worth the ¥10000 premium. I think I'll be retiring my MadoMagi tapestries and hanging these new posters in my office!

EDIT: guys check this out I mentioned it earlier in a post but here's a better look. I have this super nice ladder shelf (I got it just for the purpose of displaying my JP collection) in my living room I can't put anime on the bottom two shelves because my toddler will mangle the fudge out of it. We just put his toys on it for now. It's strange because he doesn't seem to touch those two movie collections on the left, just the colorful anime lol. Ah its frustrating but I love him.

zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Lucky I happened to be awake for the next wave to go up! I then spent an hour going back and forth between stuff. Ultimately, I decided to get stuff I'd probably get anyway, specifically Yen Press as my comic shop rarely gets that in.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (which had a counter, so glad I jumped, as I rather wanted the Blu-Ray portion too, now that I can actually watch them. Blood Lad didn't appeal to me though, as I have the manga and my friend told me the anime stops well before what I've already read to)
Higurashi: Dice Killing 1 (comes out tomorrow, so it'll probably ship with everything else. I needs all the Higurashi manga, since it seems the anime is now doomed over here)
Paranoia Agent Soundtrack (it does have an awesome soundtrack.... good for adding free shipping too)

I had debated around Wings of Honneamise blu-ray (overturned as I still have Honneamise's DVD and my PS3 is ungodly good at upscaling) and xxxHolic SAVE (overturned as I'm collecting the manga and I hear it's better anyway and I'm currently enjoying the manga as is)
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
xxxHolic SAVE (overturned as I'm collecting the manga and I hear it's better anyway and I'm currently enjoying the manga as is)

I agree that the manga is better than the anime, but the anime has Suga Shikao doing the music. Even if you don't want to watch the show, you might do yourself a favor and hunt up the opening. 19-Sai is really good. </Clamp PSA>
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
^Fair enough, I like good soundtracks, who doesn't? The weird thing about xxxHolic for me is that I'm not a CLAMP fan, I've tried many of their works and my general reaction is "meh", except on this one. I'm not 100% sure why either, but that's ok too. I like both Watanuki and Yuko so that helps, and I like how it's more than just "weird things at a shop" genre and spends a lot of time on the characters. But at the same time, it's a lot easier to follow than a lot of their other series have been (I think in part because Watanuki hates the weird around him and doesn't understand it, making him a logical audience surrogate) so yeah, glad Kodansha is doing omnibuses. The only reason I even tried it at all was that I was at the Kodansha panel at Otakon, and you got a free book if you asked a question, and earlier I had already bought No. 6 v8 (early release) from them and they had nothing else I wanted, and he kind of seemed to bring xxxHolic in for an example book or something, but I asked if I could have that and the guy was like "sure".
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
^Fair enough, I like good soundtracks, who doesn't? The weird thing about xxxHolic for me is that I'm not a CLAMP fan, I've tried many of their works and my general reaction is "meh", except on this one. I'm not 100% sure why either, but that's ok too. I like both Watanuki and Yuko so that helps, and I like how it's more than just "weird things at a shop" genre and spends a lot of time on the characters. But at the same time, it's a lot easier to follow than a lot of their other series have been (I think in part because Watanuki hates the weird around him and doesn't understand it, making him a logical audience surrogate) so yeah, glad Kodansha is doing omnibuses.

Ooh, you should try the movie then. It's an original story, but it's very well done and nice and complete. I'm trying to think of which others of their series I'd classify as "easy to follow," and pretty much all I can think of offhand outside the short stories are Kobato and Wish, neither of which are much like xxxHolic. They're too bright and happy (though being CLAMP works that gets turned around a bit later, but you know what they say: "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's time for the plot twists.").

<-- Is totally a CLAMP fan, but very understanding of those who aren't into that aesthetic.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Went to town earlier and picked up Angel Sanctuary 4-5, Watamote manga 5, My Little Monster 5, Alice in the Country of Diamonds LN and A Certain Magical Index LN 1. These will be my reward for this horrible essay being over.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Jumped in on the first two waves of TRSI's holiday sale, among other things:

Amagami SS DVD Collection 1 (S)
Amagami SS DVD Collection 2 (S)
Amagami SS+ DVD Complete Collection (S)
Clannad After Story DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Clannad: The Motion Picture DVD (Hyb)
Highschool of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead DVD (Hyb)
Ikki-Tousen Xtreme Xecutor + OVA (Season 4) DVD Complete Series (Hyb)
Love, Election and Chocolate DVD Complete Collection (S)
Moeyo Ken TV Series DVD 2 (Hyb)
Moeyo Ken TV Series DVD 3 (Hyb)
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica DVD 3 (Hyb)

Finishing up a few things and filling in some gaps, like finally biting the bullet and finishing Madoka after getting the first two discs in separate orders back in summer. Tacked on the super-cheap HSotD OVA, even though it wasn't in the wave. Continued the KEY collection with Clannad:AS and the movie, though I decided to hold off on Little Busters! until Sentai does a complete collection, partially because they didn't bother getting any EXtras. Rounded out the Ikki-Tousen franchise, which I notice is all on sale except for the impossible-to-find Dragon Destiny collection. (You'd think Media-Blasters would find a way to reprint a title from a proven genre and piggyback off Funi's marketing, but no such luck -- even the singles will run you $35 total on Amazon Marketplace.)

After supporting a few more of Sentai's VN adaptation releases with Amagami and LEC, I went with two blind buys: one the "too good to be true" $8 pricing of Moribito, and the requisite stupid/guilty-pleasure blind buy of Moeyo Ken. I'd gotten the first volume from a prize box awhile back, and decided to finish it off. Got the Moeyo Ken OVA from Amazon as well.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
My Amazon pre-order of The Wind Rises shipped out yesterday. Appears I may be getting it today or tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
@luffypirate85,

nice, I hope it's secured to the wall! I know my youngest nephews and nieces just love trying to climb up stuff like that all the time. Laughing

I did see a pic of that box. The older character design of Shirou is one I've never been much a fan of so I really wasn't willing to spend that much $ on that JP blu set. So I only have the Geneon dvd & Sentai barebones blu sets for Fate/stay night.

I'm glad the franchise is popular enough to warrant a newer release though. That link you have up, for whatever reason comes out all wonky on my browser. Is this the one you're eyeing for next year? Even at that price I think it's going to sell out sooner rather than later!

【Amazon.co.jp限定】Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Blu-ray Disc Box I(メーカー早期予約特典:武内崇描き下ろしイラストA3タペストリー付)(描き下ろしB1布ポスター、CDサイズスチールケース付)(完全生産限定版)English:[Amazon.co.jp limited] Fate / stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Blu-ray Disc Box I (Studio Early Booking Bonus: With illustrations A3 tapestry drawn by Takashi Takeuchi) (drawn by B1 Fabric Poster, CD size with steel case ) (Limited Edition)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Milked Rightstuf's holiday sale and got Little Busters heavily discounted and Heroic Age so I could get free shipping for the bunch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1167 of 1400