• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
A bit more bargain hunting on Ebay and Half.com

Genshiken DX and Season 2 (for a good if not great price- but the DX set is the one with the OVAs in it, which you'd otherwise have to buy the Kujibiki Unbance set to get)

Alien 9 (its toxic reputation still means you get it super cheap- such a disturbing show)
Animatrix (I know, you can usually find this cardboard DVD in just about any Goodwill store bargain bin, but it was in the same store as Alien 9, and priced to toss in)
Excel Saga - Imperfect Collection (I could have bought the new Funimation set slightly cheaper, but the ADV Vidnotes for this show are so worth searching out the old set.)
Love Hina Movies, bought separately (LH Again, Spring, and Xmas)
Outlaw Star (anime Legends cheapo set)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
One last order from the TRSI Xmas sale:

BTOOOM! Blu-ray Complete Collection
Deadman Wonderland DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series - Anime Classics
Wolf Children DVD/Blu-ray

I remembered about wanting to get Wolf Children and since it was also "more arriving soon" I decided to do this final order as it's enough for free shipping.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
GoHastings Boxing Day sale:

Bloody Brat 1
Grand Guignol Orchestra 1, 2, 4

And the local comic shop was very good to me today! All at half off (+tax), naturally:

Saga 4 on the of the few American comics I read, but due to being used to manga and its volume thing, I don't buy individual issues, I wait for the collection. I also got one as a gift.

Ajin 2
Dragon Ball 19-20-21
Gangsta 4
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer 1-2
Magi 9
My Love Story 3
Prophecy 1
Seraph of the End 3
Ubel Blatt 0
Void's Enigmatic Mansion 1
World Trigger 3
xxxHolic omni 4

All this should keep me busy for a while Wink Though I was heartbroken than Real 13 wasn't there. I read Void's a few months back from the library and it's been on my hit list ever since, this was simply the first good price I saw for it.
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I decided to make a few order on Right Stuf before their Christmas sale ends. In my first order, I got:

Birdy the Mighty: Decode DVD Complete Series S.A.V.E Edition
Godzilla vs Gigan: Godzilla on Monster Island Blu-ray LiveAction
Godzilla vs Hedorah: Godzilla vs the Smog Monster Blu-ray LiveAction
Sakura Wars TV DVD Complete TV Series
Shangri-La DVD Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition
Shiki DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition

I have two other orders I made but those are pending in case if anything happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Got a couple of figures in Newcastle earlier as well as a copy of HAL.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
So the last of the holiday haul arrived today. It was a good holiday for anime in this house let me tell you. So first up are the anime I bought myself. I got them for me and me&my gf to watch. I was a bit unhappy because at the time Patlabor tv vol 2 and Infinite Stratos 2 were sold out on BluRay for the mega sales. So I had to get the dvd copy. Not that big of a deal but I like to keep series in the same format. I have tv series and the OVA series for Patlabor on BluRay and season one of IS on BluRay also. Again, not that big of a deal with the money I saved.

The second photo is what my gf got for me. Yeaaaaaaaa!
Upgrded Ninja Scroll and Elfen Lied to BluRay for super cheap woohoo!!!! Plus the Elfen Lied set has the OVA which I don't have. And my old copy of Ninja Scroll is vhs (gave the dvd to a friend)....so yea Big upgrade lol. Plus now I can clear all the Kohime Muso series off my computer and save a crap ton of space. All 5 broken down are taking up 22gig of space. Not anymore heh.

The third photo is what I got my gf. I was going to get Restaurant Paradiso as well but I thought she might buy it for herself so I held back. I'll just get it later. The only thing not shown in all 3 photos is the Wolf Children Blu Ray she bought for herself/us. Backorder cause everyone and their mom bought a copy. When it's in we still get it for the mega sale price though so it's worth the wait to save 65%.

Wouldn't normally buy this much at once but given the mega deals during Right Stuf's holiday sale I couldn't pass these up. I wanted a good 4-6 more series but I had to limit myself. Well.....provided I wanted to buy gifts for other people which I decided to do instead of just for myself lol.

supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Went to buy Part 1 of Persona 4: The Animation when I noticed that Rightstuf has it at We'll get it for you, which makes me nervous. Perhaps it's being phased out? I know the DVD collection has more features and the Japanese dub, but I very much like it in English. I bought part two in the holiday sale and I'm getting worried I may not be able to complete the set.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
Went to buy Part 1 of Persona 4: The Animation when I noticed that Rightstuf has it at We'll get it for you, which makes me nervous. Perhaps it's being phased out? I know the DVD collection has more features and the Japanese dub, but I very much like it in English. I bought part two in the holiday sale and I'm getting worried I may not be able to complete the set.

The timetable seems about right for a Complete Collection (if there isn't one already) if you ask me, in which case the "parts" would probably be discontinued, yes. Either that or Rightstuf's inventory is still recovering from the Holiday sale madness.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
supercreep wrote:

The timetable seems about right for a Complete Collection (if there isn't one already) if you ask me, in which case the "parts" would probably be discontinued, yes. Either that or Rightstuf's inventory is still recovering from the Holiday sale madness.

Just checked Amazon and they have it as Temporarily Out of Stock. I sense that something is indeed afoot here.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
@supercreep
RACS has Persona 4 part 1 Blu-ray for $39.98 and the part 1 DVD for $29.98 That is episodes 1 to 13. Is this what you are looking for??
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

Yup, that's the one. Thanks! So they seem to have it in stock while Amazon and Rightstuf are out. Not sure whether to pull the trigger or wait and see what happens.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
@supercreep
If you are looking for the DVD version, the complete edition is already out. RACS has parts 1 and 2 listed as "while supplies last". If you are looking for the Blu-Ray version, you may have some time yet.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

I'm in the market for the blu-ray version, but now I'm getting worried that a complete collection is coming. It's making this a difficult decision.

Edit: the complete blu-ray collection, I mean.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
@supercreep
It is sort of a bind. It is currently in stock at RACS and the price is cheaper than that listed at either TRSI or Amazon. As a single item it doesn't qualify for free shipping at either TRSI or RACS.

At the moment RACS is your best option. Usually the Blu-ray version of something like this is only a week or two after the DVD version. The holidays may have messed up the shipping.

If you wait, the arrival of the Complete collection may push down the cost of part 1 as it has for the DVD version. On the other hand, it may sell out. RACS doesn't put up counters on items.

How is your luck running? Laughing
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
keep in mind, those persona 4 blu-rays in USA are english audio only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1176 of 1400