• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Taking advantage of RSA's in-stock clearance sale:

Fruits Basket Manga 23 - finally completing the collection after who knows how many years
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood DVD Part 2 - finishing this off before the supplies go bye-bye (EDIT: and RSA no longer has Part 2 BD available...)
Ga-Rei: Zero BD/DVD SAVE
Pita-Ten DVD - an old favorite finally out on R1 DVD after AnimeNation's failed attempt to license it back in the day

Last edited by Zalis116 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
David.Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Anthem is the first title I've imported outside of the Americas.

Anthem is the first thing I've imported that actually has English subtitles. Usually when I import its either a direct from Japan w/out subtitles, or a region 4 with english sub/dub (because no one in NA will release those titles). I do have two deviations: Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki (region 2) and Pale Cocoon (region 2).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
David.Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, just got an item in the mail that was (for me) hard to find. Managed to get the ADV dvd release of Prefectural Earth Defense Force. If you consider the amount of money spent per amount of minutes on an anime title, then this is probably the shortest anime that I've spent the most amount of money on. Also got the Criterion Collection laserdisc release of Akira.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Just preordered both sets of Gundam ZZ via Rightstuf.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
The Fruit of Grisaia Complete Collection BD
Future Diary Complete Collection BD
Lupin the 3rd: Jigen's Gravestone

Also a new BD player and surround sound system since my old one crapped out on me. I decided to build my own system this time rather than just getting a system in a box.

Expensive week is expensive. Anime cry
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf spring sale order:

Anime-
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Bridgade blu-ray
Darker than Black premium edition (one-day sale)Smile

Manga-
Gantz Vols.10-12
King of Thorn Vols. 2-6 (Vol.1 out of print) Sad
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Just got a vhs copy of Bobby's In Deep. Pretty good condition though I did have to use the Tenso shipping company to send it to the US. Glad I got it, it was the only one I could find (not that I looked that hard)
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Picked up the Soul Eater POP!s from f.y.e. while my husband and I were visiting our local mall. I now have both the POP! vinyls and the mini-versions from Funko's Best of Anime mystery boxes.

I wonder when and if they'll come out with ones for some of the other characters, though. Seems kinda sad that only Soul and Maka have POP!s and not any of the other main characters as well.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:27 pm Reply with quote
barely worth mentioning...

Chobits 001 soundtrack ...$0.25

The people at this goodwill/resale store have apparently decided that they no longer want to dedicate an entire wall to CD's that never sell.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
Ordered:
Ghost in the Shell: The New movie BD and Evangelion 3.33 BD from Amazon, because RightStuf is annoying me. Now hopefully Amazon wont throw my stuff in a bubble envelope and stomp on it a few times as they often do.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ghost in the Shell New Movie
Baka & Test Summon The Beasts (both seasons)

Yes, it's been quite a while since I posted to this site, mostly cause the Animenation forum is currently down for upgrades (any word on when it will be done?)
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Waiting for My Little Monster volumes 12 and 13 (final) to be delivered. Very sad to see one of my favourites come to an end but at least I'll have a complete set Very Happy
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Waiting for My Little Monster volumes 12 and 13 (final) to be delivered. Very sad to see one of my favourites come to an end but at least I'll have a complete set Very Happy

Now I've got them all, I'm reading it all the way from the beginning. I'd forgotten how good it is. I hope you enjoy it too.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Just got a great box set of El-Hazard ld's. I was pretty stoked until I realized that I had mistakenly ordered El-Hazard: The Wanderer's tv series and not El Hazard: The Magnificent World ovas. I could return it, but I guess I'll just throw it into the ever growing pile of anime that I plan to watch some day.

I also just got in the Princess and the Pilot Premium Edition. The box and book are nice, but I gotta say I was a little shocked to see that a bluray made in 2011 has HARD SUBS. Really?
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
While I won't have officially 'bought' it until 11:59 AM tomorrow, I just backed the SKIP BEAT Kickstarter for $100 to get the DVD/Blu-ray combo & all the other swag (though while the swag's nice, I mainly just want the show itself on BD, so I'm thrilled it made that stretch goal!!

As of right now: 1,505 backers for a total of $207,607 pledged (of $155,000 goal)! Now to patiently wait until the proposed October 2016 release...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1243 of 1400