• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Barakamon via Rightstuf. Tempted to buy up more among Funi's August slate of pre-orders, but will have to hold off for now until I have more money from selling off unwanted parts of my collection via E-Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:51 am Reply with quote
Mainly been filling collection holes I may not be able to for much longer:
Gankutsuou SAVE (recently purchased the original novel as well)
Welcome to the NHK! SAVE
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure season 1 (because Viz's track record suggests they will not include Yes's Roundabout)
Thermae Romae vol. I-III

Also, due to to my newfound access to a PS3, I was able to pick up:
JJBA: All-Star Battle
Ni no Kuni
Catherine

Oh! And I became acquainted with this dashing gentleman:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brook+one+piece+figure&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS686US686&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbj8249dnMAhVJyGMKHYByBS8Q_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=404&dpr=2#imgrc=OV5Wy3usdh5jJM%3A

Last edited by Never_Know_Best on Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Best Buy had Attack on Titan on sale so I picked up both sets, though I was really just there to pick up Deadpool and Star Wars Episode VII.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Pre-ordered from Rightstuf:
Barakamon BD
AssClass Season 1 Part 2 BD
Laughing Under the Sun BD
BBB LE

Pre-ordered from Amazon:
Belladonna of Sadness BD (which I could have afforded the LE), but for now I will settle for just the movie.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
A friend wanted some of the $10 things from that sale on RightStuf, so I decided to get a few manga to make free shipping. Mostly, these are the things that I do not want to wait for the comic shop to get because I want them now, dammit! And these are two of the best series I have read in the past year.

orange omnibus 2
Silent Voice 7

And one anime disc, I got a Burst Angel set (for free), but it had a duplicate disc 1, so I needed Burst Angel vol 3 DVD to fix that problem. Even if the show ends up sucking, at least I only put $3 into it.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Just took notice of Rightstuf's heavily discounted selection of Sentai titles and ordered Burn Up and Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East's first season. Not a bad deal getting two titles for less than $20, counting shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Oho! A Funi sale! Now that I can no longer get new anime through work, Funi sale is it!

Certain Magical Index II
C-Control SAVE

Both coming out in early July at that.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Took some advantage of RSA's $5/7.5/10 sale, to obtain

Fate/Stay Night (2006) DVD
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya S1 BD
Di Gi Charat Specials DVD (will snag the main series in a more favorable Sentai/Christmas sale)
Girls Und Panzer DVD (blind buy)
Nyan Koi! BD
The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall DVD
Canaan BD (completing the not-really-official girls-with-guns tetrology following Noir, Madlax, and El Cazador de la Bruja)

I originally added Prisma Illya S1 DVD to my cart instead, and was this close to adding Glasslip as a blind buy to reach the free shipping threshold. However, the overwhelmingly bad (and not in a "this is a trashy fanservice show that critics hate, but I will enjoy nonetheless" way) reception for it gave me pause, so I upgraded Prisma Illya from DVD to BD instead. Now that I've had a BD player for almost 2 years, I suppose it's time to accept more BD-only purchases instead of clinging to DVD when no combo option is available. Heck, the DVD tray in my main DVD player won't even open anymore (though the unit still functions for surround sound), so the only devices limited to DVD-only playback are the portable player and laptop/PC.

And now there's a vanishingly-rare Funi sale, which unfortunately comes right on the heels of a $428 car repair bill Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Zalis116 on Thu May 19, 2016 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
@Zalis116

I was under the impression that all BD players will also play DVDs without problems. I know the two I've bought play them. They also play CDs.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Zalis116

I was under the impression that all BD players will also play DVDs without problems. I know the two I've bought play them. They also play CDs.
Oops, poor phrasing on my part. My BD player certainly can play DVDs as well; it's only those secondary devices that require DVDs.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Made a small pre-order on TRSI for September:

CLAMP School Detectives Complete Collection DVD
Tsubasa World Chronicle Vol. 3

I wasn't going to miss out on the chance to get CLAMP School Detectives this time around, since I screwed myself over with getting it before it went OOP after Bandai's closing.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Rolling Girls via Rightstuf. Leaves Garo and Assassination Classroom left for me to buy up among the Funi August slate, though I'm also interested in getting Dokyuusei.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
Preordered Rolling Girls off Rightsuf. Also included Cromartie High School because I wanted the free shipping and that show is hilarious.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
From the Funi Rightstuf sale I preorderd: Yona Series 1 & 2, Barakamon, and Boy and the Beast.

Also Ordered Shirobako Pt 2 & Yona manga Vol 1.

And this morning I bought kindle versions of Barakamon Vol 10, The Heiress & the Chauffer Vol 1, and Noragami 11 & 12. I am really behind on reading manga though so I have to catch up.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't planning on spending money anytime soon but with a rare Funi sale at RightStuf I had to take advantage of it. Also ordered some manga.

Anime

Yona of the Dawn pt 1 & 2 (already had pt 1 pre-ordered but with the sale and my membership discount it was $7 cheaper now so I had them cancel the previous pre-order and I made a new one)
Absolute Duo
Blood Blockade Battlefront
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Assassination Classroom pt 1

Manga

Trinity Seven vol. 1-3
Monster Musume vol. 8
Riddle Story of Devil vol. 1
Of the Red, the Light, & the Ayakashi vol. 1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1246 of 1400