• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, 60% off sale at the comic shop! Buuuuut Diamond seems to be giving them manga at a snails pace or something. So, I was only able to get Tokyo Ghoul 7, Dragon Ball Z 37-38-39, World Trigger 10, though I did get a ton of US comics too.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Some manga pick-ups from B&N today:

Princess Jellyfish Vol. 1
Kamisama Kiss Vol. 21
A Silent Voice Vol. 7

Also picked up Me & My Brothers Vol. 1 from my local library's booksale. They had quite a few other volumes of manga - some ex-library copies and others likely donated to the sale because they look practically brand new or gently read - which we might pick up tomorrow if they're still there. It'll be their "Bag of Books for $4" sale, so it'd be a good time to pick them up. From there... not really sure what to do with them. Either resell them at Anime Midwest next month, gift them to some friends that might interested in them, or turn them into arts and crafts projects. Razz
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post here in a while. I got some things from the Right Stuf's Sentai really cheap sale. I got:

Casshan Blu-ray
Night Raid 1931 Blu-ray
The Familiar of Zero Season 1 Blu-ray
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Went back to the book sale and while some of the manga was gone, there was a good amount still there. Highlights were namely xxxHolic Vols. 3-11 and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Vols. 15 and 16, all in nearly new condition. Still debating about what to do with these pick-ups, but for less than 40 cents per book it was worth grabbing no matter which way I looked at it. Also picked up a few non-manga related books while I was there.

Also found and bought two DBZ movies on DVD: Tree of Might and World's Strongest. Despite being a DBZ fan, I've yet to own any releases for my collection. They were $2 a piece, so it was worth picking up while I had the chance.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Got in the mail this weekend Blue Submarine No.6 with the unedited dub from DVDPlanet. It came with a nice slipcover pretty pleased with the look and art of it. Also got my ship confirmation from RS that they are shipping Ping-Pong and GoS--Recalled out Summer.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
Ordered the first 4 LN volumes of Spice & Wolf and the first 2 Ln volumes of Strike the Blood. I was just asking about which to get, the Ln or manga for Spice so I figured since Rightstuf has a YP sale going on now I might as well take advantage of it and get some of the LN. I've been interested in STB as well So I figured I'd get the first 2 volumes and see if it catches me or not.

This will most likely be my last purchase before Otakon in August. I have 1 PVC figure on pre-order for later this month, Yona of the Dawn vol 2 next month on pre-order, as well as BBB & Absolute Duo pre-ordered for August. Also owe a friend some more cash for some manga. So time to start saving up for Otakon. I tend to not spend a lot there per se. Focus mostly on fan art in the AA and manga on sale in the DR. Food too of course.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
If you want to read the entire series, the LNs are the way to go with Spice & Wolf. All 17 are available now. Even if the manga version adapts the entire series it will be a long time.

The LN volumes of Strike the Blood are excellent. It is obvious that each named arc of the anime represents an additional volume. While the anime did not stray far from the books, the books provide details and additional information not contained in the anime. spoiler[Like the idea that while Himeragi was told she was to be the fourth Primogenitor's watcher the actual intent was that she would be his mistress. Cool]
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I somehow spontaneously bought a bunch of things today. I don't normally do this outside of conventions, lol

I got the Berserk movie trilogy on bluray and Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS (what with some sort of spinoff or something coming up, sure, why not? Yes, I know I'm uber late to the party, shut it) and I pre-ordered the super special edition of Persona 5 because dude, why not? I almost never get super special editions.

And for good measure, I also got Anomalisa, Rick & Morty season 2, and Zootopia (all on bluray, I have a PS3 and PS4 now, ima use 'em!), then again, I don't normally have so many movies I want coming out on the same damn day. As for the Megaten stuff, I was at work, Gamestop next door said "Persona 5 is available for pre-order!" "Is there a super special edition?" "Yep" "Ok, here's my number and $10, give it to me for PS4", and then I just needed a new game, and Megaten IV was cheap at this point.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
If you want to read the entire series, the LNs are the way to go with Spice & Wolf. All 17 are available now. Even if the manga version adapts the entire series it will be a long time.

That was my thinking. Plus from what I've heard and read the manga, while good, doesn't have all the material covered in the LN. So if I was gonna do one I figured might as well go for the LN's. I was debating on Strike the Blood or Dan Manchi but from reviews here it seems the anime actually was better, or perhaps more polished, than the LN's. So I opted for STB instead. I hope maybe at Otakon come August I can find more of the S&W novels in the dealer's room with some good sales. A lot of places there run either 5 for $20 sales or straight up $5 a volume. It's first come first serve and you never know what they have in stock. I figure given S&W's popularity though I should be able to find some more of the LN's for a good deal. If not I'll just do my customary tradition of finding another Vampire Hunter D LN and buy that lol. Seriously, 6 cons in a row I've bought at least 1 Vampire Hunter D LN there. Gotta keep the tradition going.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Got at animenext:
Assassination Classroom - Season 1, Part 1
Beyblade G-Revolution Volume 1
Danganronpa: The Animated Series
Date a Live II - Complete Series
Fairy Tail - Part 18 - Combo Pack
Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie (2015) -- Blu-ray
Gonna Be The Twin-Tail - The Complete Series - Combo Pack
Gundam Evolve
Kamisama Kiss - Complete Series - Combo Pack
Kamisama Kiss: Season 2 Complete Collection
Maken-Ki!: Battling Venus - Season 2 Complete Collection - Combo Pack
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Part 2
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - Collection 1
Psycho-Pass - Season 2 - Combo Pack
Psycho-Pass - The Moie - Combo Pack
Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign - Season 1
Tokyo Ghoul vA - Complete 2nd Season - Combo Pack
Turn-A Gundam - The Movies Collection
Yamibo: Darkness, The Hat, and Travelers of the Books - Complete Series
Happy Funko Pop
Natsu Funko Pop
Lucy Funko Pop
Naruto Funko Pop
Money D Luffy Funko Pop
Maka Funko Pop
Soul Funko Pop

Got on saturday:
Boy and the Beast -- Blu-ray,
Lupin the 3rd: Alcatraz Connection
Lupin the 3rd: Jigen's Gravestone
Sadamitsu the Destroyer - The Complete Collection

Might get a few tomorrow. Depends on what happens with charity auction.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Assassination Classroom 10, Requiem of the Rose King 4, The Heiress and the Chauffeur 1, Maid-sama omnibus 4 and Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto 3 today.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
1 anime, 1 not...

not anime: Zootopia (BD/DVD combo, new, $18.99)

anime: Peach Girl: The Complete Series (DVD, used, $18.99)

photo 2016-06-12 17.20.33_zpsncon6bvi.jpg

photo 2016-06-12 17.21.02_zpsxf3unsyh.jpg
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Won at Discotek panel:
Wicked City (Remastered)
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Two back to back manga sales? Neat!

From Yen (which my comic shop isn't good at always getting in, I must admit)
Bride's Story 8
Devil is a part timer 5,6,7
Void Enigmatic Mansion 4
Ubel Blatt 6
(which is actually omni 7 because they're weird
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Just received Ping-Pong and GoS -recalled out summer- from RightStuf. Only took almost 2 weeks.

Took advantage of the Viz sale at RightStuf and ordered:
Dorohedoro 17, 18, 19
NGE omnibus vol 5
Der Mond art of NGE
Harmony novel

I would have liked to pick up 1 or 2 items from the Yen sale, but it seems we still have to put in promo codes in the new website and can't combine sales for free shipping. Inefficient. So I guess I'll be putting off the Yen stuff for another 6 months or year or maybe I'll just go buy it somewhere else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1248 of 1399