• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
And I got Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma as well.

I would just like to say that I quite love this game, and I never so much as plan to play it! Twitter has been simmering with puns based on its name, in which I have been revelling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
^Aww, you really should play it, the whole series in fact, start with 999 (on DS, but I think some of them can be played on phones now). They're like playing an anime with added escape rooms (which are now a real life thing and becoming trendy in the US). I won't need to watch any anime for a week or so now since I have Zero Escape 3 now. And it does have full voice overs during all cutscenes (which, being half visual novel, means about 80% of the game, only the escape rooms don't have voices, since clicking on things and hearing voices every time would indeed get old real quick).

It's funny, I thought I'd get further than I did last night, but then I promptly forgot that the second game took me like, 20 hours. But I can already tell that there's lost of false ends and randomness that will be explained eventually to be had! For example, the game claims that 6 characters must die, but four of the 9 characters have to live because they were all in Virtue's Last Reward (which takes place after this game, ZE3 is chronologically the second game in the series, but I'd still suggest playing them in release order). Also, I'm not really counting that as spoilers, previews said who the characters were this time around, so you either know which 4 I mean, or you don't. Or if you didn't see previews, you'll get all the characters pretty quickly and then you'll know the four.

In this game, after the opening segment is over, it just unlocks 5 random things per team, and you don't know when they take place or how they'll fit in with everything, but at least once you beat that segment (and get all possibly ends for it), it does show you where it fits in the grand flow chart. So I shall slowly get to the true ending and see what it has in store!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Escape rooms, you say? With the sole exception of Chat Noir, I have never fared well with puzzle games. Having to ratiocinate under conditions of simulated duress never quite entertains me, sadly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I picked up good-quality (probable resale) figs of SAO II Asuna and Rin Tohsaka for a combined total of only 3300 yen.

Also found a Kalafina World Tour CD with all their biggest hits on it. Sadly, even in Japan I couldn't find the My-Otome OST, though I did find its drama CDs and singles. . . Crying or Very sad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Dammit Rightstuf why do you keep having these good sales right before Otakon? First the Funi sale, then the Yen press sale, and now the Sentai sale. Who needs money anyways right?

Well my gf and I wound up each placing an order. Should've coordinated a bit better lol. In total we wound up ordering One Week Friends, Wizard Barristers, Nadia Secret of Blue Water, Parasyte part 2, & My Love Story. We debated on Shirobako but it's brand new and will probably wind up on RightStuf's holiday sale this year. Where as the complete Nadia BR set might not be around forever so I figure with my member discount and the sale it was almost 50% off. Couldn't pass that up. Probably get Shirobako come the holidays and also Heaven's Memo Pad which she was interested in. Already have a x-mas gift lined up now.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
^Heaven's Memo Pad is great if you're looking for an interesting mystery/detective work style anime.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Half off at the comic shop! They had more manga they hadn't gone through yet, so I couldn't buy it, but I suspect what I got must've been in another box or something, so a small haul today, but I did get my latest shonen crack series, so it's hard to complain (damn have I wanted that one badly!)

Gansta 7
Seven Deadly Sins 14
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts 1

Also, Gamestop is have buy 2 get 1 free on used, so I got Chrono Trigger DS (rarely enough, with the case and manual!) Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below on PS4, and a replacement copy of Pokemon Y. I had Y and Fantasy Life together in a small travel case, and those two have literally been the only games I have ever lost in my entire life. And they were good games too! I didn't even lose the game, box, or manual for Pokemons Blue-Emerald, and those boxes were made out of paper, and gens 1 and 2 survived two moves! So I'm not someone who commonly loses games, so I'm still so sad by my Pokemon Y cart being lost. At least with Fantasy Life, it had saved to the system, so I was able to just pick up where I left off, but with Y, I'm starting over from scratch. At least I didn't need the case for Y, I still had that, so I just got the cartridge.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Bought The Demon Prince of Momochi House Vol. 5 from Barnes and Noble today. Also picked up The Last: Naruto the Movie DVD from my local Family Video for $2 yesterday.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Purchased yesterday @ Big Lots:

Asian Cinema
------------------
Ip Man 2: Legend of the Grandmaster Blu-ray
Ip Man The Final Fight Blu-ray
Outrage: Way of the Yakuza (with Beat Kitano) DVD

Anime
---------
Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher Blu-ray (animated bu Madhouse, so technically it's anime)

and just pre-ordered today @ Amazon:

TransFormers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray (Steelbook) (this is the original 1986 animated movie, which I've waited for on Blu-ray for for so long! ...and it was made for the US by Toei, so again, it is technically anime! Tge Steelbook looks to be exclusive to Amazon & Shout Factory themselves,,,standard edition in other retailers.)
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the double-post...some FYE purchases today...

Anime
---------
Agent Aika: Remastered Complete Collection (Anime Legends) DVD
Strawberry Marshmallow: The Complete OVA Serries Blu-ray [yeah, FYE broke street date, but shhhh, I won't tell if you don't tell! Smile ]

Asian Cinema
------------------
Power Kids Blu-ray
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I caved in and preordered Funi's everything-but-the-movie Haruhi box set. (Will the Bandai release of the movie fit in the box? We shall see!)
And I received the Love Live movie.
And also the new Girl Who Leapt set. That thing is the revenge of the Bailey box. It's so annoying.
lem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
haven't bought much compared to years past (not a single order from Amz JP since last year, so I've managed to save like 1.2 million dollars these past 6 months Smile ).

I did recently get Vol 6 & 7 of a Silent Voice, the JP blu Vol's 5 & 6 of One Punch Man, and I now have all 8 sets of Space Brothers on both dvd and blu, along with most of the music CDs for the series.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Found and bought Pokemon 4Ever DVD in decent condition when my husband and I went to a local flea market today. Nice bit of nostalgia for me to enjoy later. Anime hyper Too bad that was the only anime or manga purchase I was able to make there...

Although we did finally get my husband a 3DS (bought for $30) and we each found a few different games, so I guess that kinda makes up for not finding any other anime or manga.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:27 am Reply with quote
A comic shop that's kind of far from me, but much closer to my sister's place (where I'm watching her cat for a week) was having a fourth of july sale, and they actually carry Netcomics, which is pretty cool, so I got Sweet Blood 1 and Behind Story 1, both ones I'd been wanting to check out. I'll definitely buy more Sweet Blood, haven't read the other one yet.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Although we did finally get my husband a 3DS (bought for $30) and we each found a few different games, so I guess that kinda makes up for not finding any other anime or manga.

That is quite a steal! Was it in a serviceable condition at such a price? Being so inexpensive, I would be tempted to obtain one to use as a portable emulator.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1250 of 1400