• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh, man... TRSI'S ADV 10 DVDs/$50!!! Time to strain the credit card...

Shoot, apparently I have more DVDs than I thought. I can only find 6 that I must have... and now I need 4 more.

EDIT: Okay, I ended up with Mythical Detective Loki 2-7 (yay, finally done!), and Noir 1-4. If Azumanga Daioh comes back in, my friend will get that, and I'll tack on Noir 5-7 onto that order, plus some rando movie or something.

Last edited by kyokun703 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
This sale is pretty disappointing. I was planning on picking up the rest of those $3 Nadia DVDs, but I wanted to wait until thursday to see if there was anything else I could pick up. Now they're $26...

[edit] Apparently I can't do basic multiplication first thing in the morning. I'm totally wrong about everything aside from the Nadia DVDs.

Last edited by Monster in a box on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Picked up manga from Barnes & Noble today:

Absolute Boyfriend #5
Ouran H.S. Host Club #10
Tail of the Moon #9
UKfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Well after cancelling a whole bunch of orders and not buying any anime for a while I finally dipped my toe in the pond again after selling some of my unwanted anime.

Anime
Godannar: Volume 7 (full set now I can finally watch it).

Misc
CLAMP in 3-D Land Volume 5

Just had a dip in the ADV sale as well. Finished off two sets.

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Vols 2,3,4,5,6
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok: Vols 3,4,5,6,7
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Against better judgment, and hoping that this second super ADV sale isn't the beginning of the end for ADV [Edit August 2021: TURNS OUT IT WAS!] (since Geneon's demise came after the second sale like this), I put in 2 orders:

Order 1:
Happy Lesson TV 1-3 + OVA (although that's still not all of the OVA Evil or Very Mad )
Madlax 1-7 + Artbox (as much as I disliked this series, I still want to see the sock puppet extra on disc 6)
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok 1-7 + Artbox
Sister Princess 1-7 + Artbox

Order 2:
Divergence Eve 1-3
Divergence Eve Misaki Chronicles 2-3 (just have to get Vol.1 elsewhere)
E's Otherwise 1-6
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Season 1 1-3
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Season 2 1-3
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie OVA (Seasons 3 & 4 not eligible Twisted Evil )
Wandaba Style 1-3
Yugo the Negotiator 1-4 + Artbox

Last edited by Zalis116 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
and hoping that this second super ADV sale isn't the beginning of the end for ADV (since Geneon's demise came after the second sale like this)

Stop it. Stop it. STOP IT!!!

Quote:
Misaki Chronicles 2-3 (just have to get Vol.1 elsewhere)

Now they are showing 2 available Rolling Eyes

I just put a 10 order in. I would have made it 25, but Nanaka had only one left, so I made a quick order to make sure I got it. Now when I was done with the order it said they had 5 left not 1. Rolling Eyes

Has anyone ever asked them to combine orders to make them into one 25 order before? There is a few things I sorta want. If not it's no big deal, since half the stuff I really want is out of stock.

Edit:
Oh and by the way Zalis, there are 133 Gasaraki Perfect Collection's left. *lol*

Edit2:
Oh, and this is unrelated, But all of the Imaginasian DVD set are $10 off in the weekly deals. I have never seen them discounted, so heads up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
recca25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Just bought (manga):

Berserk 9-11

I bought 1-8 a long time ago, but I never had the motivation to read them until I finished the anime. Since it is only recently I watched the anime, it is only recently that I continued buying the manga. Anyone who watched the anime knows that once you're done watching it, you just got to start reading the manga.

Made a rightstuf-ADV clearance sale order (anime):

Angelic Layer 1+box, 4-7 (missing 2-3)
DNAngel 1-4, 6-7 (missing 5)
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok 1+box, 2-7
Peacemaker 1-7

I won't make another order until those missing volumes go back in stock at rightstuf.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Now when I was done with the order it said they had 5 left not 1.
Lol yeah what is up with this. I haven't put in any order yet and not sure if I will, but I've been looking and stuff is going out of stock ultra fast but at the same time sometimes the numbers go back up like you said.

Maybe the available count is docked as soon as someone puts it in their cart, but if they change their mind and cancel then it reappears as available? Or is rightstuf actually somehow magically finding more stuff as we speak?

edit: some of those missing orders won't go back in stock. I've been looking at rightstuf over the past month (looking for Gad Guard but also stuff to buy with it). Angelic Layers 2-3, Pretears 2-3, etc have been gone since long ago. Of all the stuff that is gone in the current ADV sale, half of it was already gone months ago. For some reason they became relisted in the sale but they were never there to begin with and probably never will be.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I know, it's pretty baffling.

Seriously though. No one buy those Nadia DVDs. This is what I get for putting it off, and ordering that Medic figure...although it was the last one in stock...
coldmug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
well i gave in and ordered a few thigs in the right stuff sale

get backers
Macross, Super Dimension Fortress
E's Otherwise
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie

and then the few i couldn't get from sold out i just bought off of amazon
now i get to wait for the bandai dvds i sent back to get new ones as well as suzuka dvd 5and my inital dvd box set
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Now when I was done with the order it said they had 5 left not 1.
Lol yeah what is up with this. I haven't put in any order yet and not sure if I will, but I've been looking and stuff is going out of stock ultra fast but at the same time sometimes the numbers go back up like you said.

Maybe the available count is docked as soon as someone puts it in their cart, but if they change their mind and cancel then it reappears as available? Or is rightstuf actually somehow magically finding more stuff as we speak?

edit: some of those missing orders won't go back in stock. I've been looking at rightstuf over the past month (looking for Gad Guard but also stuff to buy with it). Angelic Layers 2-3, Pretears 2-3, etc have been gone since long ago. Of all the stuff that is gone in the current ADV sale, half of it was already gone months ago. For some reason they became relisted in the sale but they were never there to begin with and probably never will be.

A counter is used to make sure the items do not oversell. When someone puts the item into their cart, the counter is reduced; if the cart is abandoned or the item removed, the inventory becomes available again.

We get new inventory in from time to time, and items which may not have been available may be available again.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Thank you and your awesome team, Mr. Kleckner for such a great sale!

I picked up:

Area 88 both the OVA and the TV series vol 1-4 + artbox
Diamond Daydreams vol 1-3
Gilgamesh vol 1-7 + artbox
My Beautiful Girl Mari
Spriggan special edition
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World vol 1-3 + artbox
A Tree of Palme
Yugo the Negotiator vol 1-4 + artbox

I was not planning on buying any anime for a while since I still have things I bought the first time RightStuf ran one of these 25 for 100 sales and have not watched yet, but this was just too good to pass up.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote
I stayed up all night (as I sometimes do when a current TRSI sale is about to end) and jumped on the sale right away. I managed to finish up all the good stuff that I was missing from ADV from the first 25.

Ghost Stories 1-5
Nanaka 6/17 1-3
Petite Princess Yucie 1-6
Shadow Skill 1-6
Slayers Movies 1-5

I decided to get a few more questionable titles with my next batch of 25 not counting the movies on the list that I have neglected until now. Also decided to get the rest of Gilgamesh.

801 TTS Airbats
Birth
City Hunter Movies
Divergence Eve Misaki Chronicles 1-3
Gilgamesh 2-7
My Dear Marie
Najica Blitz Tactics 1-3
Once Upon A Time
Saiyuki Movie
Sakura Diaries 1-2
Samurai The
Those Who Hunt Elves 1-2
You're Under Arrest Movie

I'm surprised that so many of these DVDs sold out in the first few hours of this sale. I decided to buy the non-garment version of Najica even though the box set was still available. I think that TRSI ended their ADV 25 sale last March early since they were wiped out by fans.

My favorite purchase from last years ADV sale is easily Diamond Daydreams. The worst was probably Aquarion Age although New Fist of the North Star is still in my to be watched pile after close to a year.

With this sale I'm getting close to completing my ADV library with the biggest titles (by ANN ranking) missing being Ah My Goddess season 2, Pani Poni Dash, Magical Shopping Arcade, Mazin Kaizar and Air Gear which I hope to get on the next regular ADV sale.
Pantha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
Ugh. I wanted to participate in the 25 DVD sale for the first time, but couldn't do it. I got stuck at 20 DVDs and I had to double dip* on two to even get that! I either have most of the DVDs in the sale already or I am not interested. In the last sale in March, I ended up getting Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! Vol. 1-4 w/art box, Once Upon A Time, A Tree of Palme, and Yugo the Negotiator Vol. 1-4 w/art box.

This time around I ended up placing two orders:

Area 88 OVA
Area 88 Vol. 1-4 w/art box
Grrl Power
Place Promised In Our Early Days - double dip
Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen (Director's Cut) - double dip
Saint Seiya Vol. 1-12 w/art box (2)

*I don't own the two double dip DVDs, but my brother does. However, I still didn't like buying them. Oh well, I guess now I don't have to steal them and add to them own collection....
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:19 am Reply with quote
I got
Noir vol 3 which I was missing (now I just need to find vol 5)
Chance Pop Sessions vol 1 and 2 (need 3)
Cromartie High School vol 1-4
Madlax Vol 1 (with box) through vol 7
Mythical detective Loki Ragnarock 1-7
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World 1-3
and vol 1 w/box of Evangelion.
Hey, it's a step towards finally owning it, now I have to finish getting the rest eventually...
I don't think I will place another order though, so who knows if I ever will.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 176 of 1400