• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lem

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
@geishageek,

I've had really good luck with AmiAmi as well. And if I was going to invest that much in a show I too would definitely want to have the assurances that comes with relying on a service that I am very familiar with and can trust as much as possible. That said, Amazon Prime is a fairly recent thing for me, and yes, so far it is working like a charm. No complaints here. *knocks on wood*

As for Amazon JP, their much welcome move to lower the shipping costs and their use of DHL for things going to Alaska have been a big plus for me. They've also proven themselves to be very reliable. Of all the discs I've ever ordered from them, at least a couple of hundred to date, only one has ever arrived crushed. So yeah, so far there isn't anything that they've done to turn me away from their services. *more knocks*

*tempted to click on "place your order" for Jojo's now* Very Happy crap. but I can't. I gotta cool my jets. bought way too much recently.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
@lem
I had nothing specific in mind concerning crowdsourcing. Just the impression that several people were complaining about something they didn't get. The only two I have been involved in have been AnimEigo's Bubble Gum Crisis Bluray and Anime Sols Creamy Mami both of which delivered exactly what was promised. It was an interesting contrast. Anime Sols had almost no communication and Robert Woodhead of AnimEigo wouldn't shut up.

Concerning Fancy Lala, the guy in glasses sets up the initial premise and then fades out of the picture. I think he has at most a couple of minutes of screen time after the first episode. The rest of the show is all Fancy Lala herself.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote
Maid Sama Collection 1 & 2
Noir ADV Thinpack (2nd release, in the gray chipboard box)
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
Picked up Your Lie in April 1 and Watamote 7 on my way home from work.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
Just had to go back to the comic shop after renting Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches from the library. Got the first two volumes though, hooray! And World Trigger 4, which I can't remember if I have, though a cursory shelf glance says "no", but the february publication date and my list say "maybe?" I checked when I got home and I don't see it, so hopefully I didn't get two copies I guess?
I hate it when I can't remember if I have a specific volume, it makes me feel old
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

I hate it when I can't remember if I have a specific volume, it makes me feel old

This is why I keep a list in my phone of where I'm up to with all the series I'm buying. However, it only works if I remember to update it once I've bought stuff...
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

This is why I keep a list in my phone of where I'm up to with all the series I'm buying. However, it only works if I remember to update it once I've bought stuff...

I don't have a smart phone though. I have a list of my computer that I update when I get home. I also bring a list with me to things like Otakon to help out (and everyone's phone dies during the con it seems, so a physical list is nice)
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
After noticing them on Crunchyroll, I stopped by TRSI and preordered a couple of Aniplex+ figures:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure: Kimono Kyoko Sakura (1/8)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure: Kimono Sayaka Miki (1/8)

I happened to notice they're more expensive at TRSI than anywhere else since there's no dimensional shipping charge elsewhere, but a bit of wondering through my confusion and I happened to notice TRSI also has an earlier shipping date, so it looks like that's for expedited shipping to their warehouse. I can pay for that.

@classicalzawa:

My old fliphone had a notes function in the menu; you should check to see if your phone has one, too.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:15 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
@classicalzawa:

My old fliphone had a notes function in the menu; you should check to see if your phone has one, too.

True. And if I were collecting like 5 manga, that wouldn't be a big deal. But I'm collecting like 20-25, I don't know if my phone has enough space for my entire list, lol
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Before I had a smartphone I used to use draft text messages for notes so you could try that.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Ordered:

Monster 4: Perfect Edition
Love at Fourteen 2
Vagabond 37
Hunter X Hunter 32

I'm very much looking forward to reading Vagabond as it seems like Inoue is slowly bringing this series to its conclusion.

Edit: I may have stumbled across a few more:

Your Lie in April 1
Assassination Classroom 3
Noragami 4
Lets Dance a Waltz 1

Decided after chatting to Owly and Willag last night that I need to increase me Shojo titles so after reading the review for Lets Dance a Waltz it became a must buy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Dear Brother volumes 2 & 3
Tenchi Muyo! OVA on bluray
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

And I recently got the infamous 8th volume of Maison Ikkoku on DVD (unopened!). Now I have the entire series. And an empty wallet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I got all 4 volumes of the DiGi Charat manga for $12 from Book-Off.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
Was waiting for the release date to hit so I could get free shipping on Rakuten (I prefer their prices and Amazon charges tax, so them over Amazon totally). Ordered Michiko & Hatchin and Tiger & Bunny The Rising (movie 2), both on blu-ray
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
Ordered the first volume of Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! from Rightstuf. I enjoyed the show enough to plunk down for PonyCan's release.. but feel a tad sour over the deal. Just not really enough extras to justify the high price.

And after long consideration, I also ordered Warner's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 set..... SOLELY for the dub option. Will cancel my order if the dub falls through, as I now have my JP Imports with subs, and will not need their inferior DVD release for the same content.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1201 of 1400