• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLegendtaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Just bought the following:

Fate/Stay Night unlimited Blade Works BluRay LE Box Set 1 - $180

FMA Original BluRay Collectors Edition - $200

No Game No Life Blu Ray - $37

Thats a lot of money to let go of at once. Still don't know how I feel about getting the regular edition instead of the LE.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Just bought (yesterday):

1 ticket to the NYC premiere of Love Live! The School Idol Movie on Sat., September 12th at Noon... $15 plus conv. charge through Fandango.

I am SO ready for more LL!

(Of course, this will be followed by buying the Blu-ray when it comes Stateside in 2016 (likely from Aniplex US/NISA, whomever has the TV license, I can't keep straight who has what between those two as I generally don't buy their releases due to price...)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Patlabor OVA Collection
Patlabor TV Collection 1

The first step in replacing my Patlabor DVDs with the Blu-rays and freeing up some more shelf space.

In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone Complete Collection
Tokyo Ravens Part 2

...also finally shipped out.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:42 am Reply with quote
60% off comic shop, but they've been low on manga lately, so I only got My Love Story!! 5 (I still need to get 4, but have read it from the library at least). I also got a bunch of American comics too for once (Starting to get into those), so stuff like Letter 44 v2, Nailbiter v 1, 2, Fables 1, 3, 4, I think that was it for today (Shutter v2 was new so I have to wait until next weekend to get a discount). I do find myself quite enjoying Letter 44 a lot though.
geishageek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Had to pick up a graduation gift at BN yesterday, and happened to pop by the manga section and saw they had all 5 Seraph of the End volumes, in unmolested condition. Walked out with all 5.

So hard to find books in good condition anymore when I go there. And do you think BN would offer a discount for a previously read book, by sometimes as many as 50 people? Nope!! I always have to walk away because I refuse to pay full price for something someone else has read before me from a retail store.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Preordered Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 from Amazon. I'm pretty excited for it since I enjoyed the first one.

geishageek wrote:
So hard to find books in good condition anymore when I go there. And do you think BN would offer a discount for a previously read book, by sometimes as many as 50 people? Nope!! I always have to walk away because I refuse to pay full price for something someone else has read before me from a retail store.

I've had this problem a few times as well, though not with manga (I only buy manga from Rightsuf since I find it cheaper). I mostly just write down a list of things that catch my interest and buy them from their site or Amazon.
geishageek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
99% of the manga I buy is from RS or Amazon, but sometimes you just want that instant gratification of buying something right then and there.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:46 am Reply with quote
From Rightstuf's Sentai sale:

* Brighter than Dawning Blue ~ Crescent Love (a favorite from 2006 for some reason)
* Familiar of Zero S2 DVD (slowly collecting this franchise, bit by bit)
* Momo the Girl God of Death (another 2006 favorite, one I've even watched 3 times before)
* Myself; Yourself (supporting a semi-controversial VN adaptation)
* Tayutama ~ Kiss on my Deity (a nice guilty pleasure)
* World God Only Knows S1 DVD (starting in on collecting this franchise)
* Zaion ~ i wish you were here V1 + Artbox (Not the greatest show, but after 12 and a half years of collecting, I finally have something under each letter of the alphabet. Though maybe Discotek's Zombie Loan would've been better?)

And in a separate order elsewhere, I finally pulled the trigger on...

* Lucky Star Vol. 6

At last, it dropped to under $50, in New condition even. And now, one of the annoying incomplete holes in the collection will be filled. Sadly, I don't hold much hope for ever finding discs 4-6 of Karin without paying sky-high prices.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quote
The Rightstuf/Nozomi sale yielded:

Turn A Gundam Collection 1
Turn A Gundam Collection 2
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Today, my collection grew by the following:

- Nisekoi: False Love, Vol. 10 (manga)
- Toradora! Vol. 4 (manga)
- Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack, Standard Edition (anime)
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Last Saturday I was in Costco and saw they had a bunch of Disney BD/DVD combos on sale and bought The Secret World of Arrietty for $16, which is a really good price for a Ghibli/Disney release (they usually go for at least $20+ even on sale).

They had a few other Ghibli titles and I was tempted to double-dip on My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky for that price but then I remembered there were issues with some of these regarding dubtitles so I put them back. When I got home I checked and according to info on ANN My Neighbor Totoro has true subtitles whereas Castle in the Sky has dubtitles. If I get to Costco tomorrow and they have any left I may go ahead and get My Neighbor Totoro, I'm definitely not double-dipping for anything with dubtitles.
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote
Received a ship notice from Rightstuf on Friday that, Haikyu! BD Set 2, Space Brothers BD set 4, and Vampire Hunter D OVA BD shipped out. I love early pre-release shipments!
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Got a shipping notice from Rightstuf saying my Inari Kon Kon pre-order has shipped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Barnes & Noble is having a buy-2-get-1-free sale on manga(and light novels) following a week I put in a huge amount of overtime, so I bit:

Spice & Wolf volume 3
Spice & Wolf volume 4
Citrus volume 2
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer volumes 5 & 6
Girls und Panzer volume 4
Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary volume 1

The last one is a not-quite blind buy since I've read the first chapter, but I was out of catching up to do on most of the series I have and didn't want to waste my free manga nor buy too far ahead on Spice & Wolf.

I'm also going to be getting me a Detolf later today(which gives me the excuse I need to finally rearrange).
Supermutant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Got yesterday
Sailor Moon R Part 1

Manga pick ups:
Assassination Classroom Volume 1
Bakumen Volume 1
Bleach Volume 1-3 (3 in 1 Edition)
Blue Exorcist Volume 1
D.Gray-Man Volume 2, 3, 4-7 (3 in 1 Edition)
Fairy Tail Volume 2
Gintama Volume 1
High School DxD Volume 1
Kodansha Comics Manga Preivew 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 2
Soul Eater Volume 2
Viz Media Manga Sampler 2015

Recently also:
Batman Manga Volume 2
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1212 of 1400