• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Sword Art Online, Accel World Light Novels, More Madoka Magica Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
fudge yeah, The Different Story.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Huh I honestly didn't see this one coming at all in all honesty. I just hope they include the infamous and terribly written sao chapter 16.5/jk. Also this has me wondering a bit did yen-press strike deal with baka tsuki translators???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news, simply fantastic. Wanted to read them after being blown away by both anime series and thought I'd never get the chance legally. This news has made my day and then some. Thank you Yen Press.
pokenar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU this video doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this, AW translation is so damn slow that I've been begging for an official release.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
And another Yen Press industry panel goes by where they didn't announce they'd translate the Baccano! light novels. Starting to think no one will give it a shot now despite the basic premise seeming like a complete and total slam dunk.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
And another Yen Press industry panel goes by where they didn't announce they'd translate the Baccano! light novels. Starting to think no one will give it a shot now despite the basic premise seeming like a complete and total slam dunk.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Will be picking up all of these. Sword art online is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing but understandable. The fanbase for SAO is quite large, so this makes a lot of financial sense.

Though I'd love to get some more Kino light novels
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:

This is from Seven Seas, but it gives the big reason why you probably won't see Baccano released in English (too long; 20 volumes is very risky).
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
A SAO release doesn't surprise me after it's popularity. I'm looking forward to giving the manga a go to see if I can get on with it better then the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:

Baccano! is 20 volumes and still not finished. That is larger than both SAO and AW, and has a considerably smaller audience/fanbase. I wouldn't count on anyone licensing it.

---

My hat is off to Yen Press. Awesome pick up, and sure to please light-novel fans (hint: LN fans, support these releases, so publishers know that LNs still have a chance in this market).
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Great pickups by the always-awesome-but-not-when-they're-licensing-niche-BL-manga Yen Press. Will def. get the Different Story and probably the SAO and AW LNs.
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD... Still collecting the SAO Japanese light novels tho.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Great news for SAO/AW fans. I haven't really gotten into SAO, but it's not bad and I love me some light novels, so I'll definitely snag volume 1 and see where it goes!

ultimatemegax wrote:

This is from Seven Seas, but it gives the big reason why you probably won't see Baccano released in English (too long; 20 volumes is very risky).

DRRR! has definitely been in my sights, but this makes a lot of sense. I guess it's like they say though - the best we can do is keep buying and keep the LN industry viable. After all, taking a chance on a new series is what got me into Kieli, which is worth a read as well!
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
fudge yeah, The Different Story.

Completely agree with you. It's my favorite spin-off manga of Madoka.

Also very excited for SAO novels. If a second season doesn't get made, at least we'll have officially translated novels to read. I've read a fan translation of the first novel, and it was so bad I gave up on reading the series. Glad to know i'll be able to own the novels now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4