• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - A Good Buy And A Great Value

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Apterous wrote:
I bet Sony discounts its licensing fees so studios can release combo packs, because its a great thing for them too. Why? If someone doesn't have a blu-ray player yet, but starts picking up the combos because its only $5-10 more thinking "some day I'll make the switch," they are much more likely to upgrade once they've done that 4-5 times. And then they already have a small collection of Blu-Ray's to build from. It's entirely to encourage the BD adoption through the Answer-man's mentioned Added Value play.

That's how it is for me, I would love to get a HD TV and BR player but just don't have the funds right now and, since I would rather not double dip, I'm holding off on buying some series since I know I'll want them on BR someday. I actually just got the first Eden of the East movie combo pack and I'm quite pleased with it, now I can watch the movie on my computer and hopefully in a few years I'll be able to rewatch it in proper HD.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hen Zemi -- I don't know which is more scary - The disgusting lengths this anime will go to or how I believed it would become a break out hit.

One thing I find funny about this comment is that most people nowadays seem to enjoy this stuff a lot (ie Superbad or even other anime) even though just as many will dismiss it as immature but still enjoy it a lot due to its.. well subject manner.
Farix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Dang it Brian, you stole my question! Wink Ok, maybe not my exact question, but it was about anime streaming on internet ready HDTVs. Razz I'll give my response later after I've evaluated the past weeks experience with my new Vizio M261VP.

Edit: Response sent. The rest of you will have to wait until next week to see if Brian selects it. Until then, Funimation, get your act together regarding Hulu Plus!
midnightshinigami

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Actually the new Gundam Wing manga is quite good. It's the novel that's complete garbage.

Whats interesting is that whenever I walk into my bookstore, I see mostly VIZ manga on the shelves and very little Tokyopop. It's been that way for awhile now. I don't think they've had a decent title (sans Deadman Wonderland) for a long time now.

As for the old doesn't sell anymore, I don't think that'll be true for much longer. Given some of the new stuff, I think we're going to see some people going back for the old stuff. You're seeing it with the anime, so I think manga will follow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2