• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I doubt the ADR will be able to turn Haberkorn into an actor capable of leading an action show.

Chris Ayres, in my mind, would fit better and has better acting chops. Funi seems to concerned about how a voice sounds age-wise than acting ability.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
You got that right, Arsenic. I'm now expecting them to announce Chris Sabat as either Gajeel or Elfman.

And Luci Christian will mostly likely be Lucy Heartfilia...
kh_gal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow! This was unexpected! Nice one, FUNi. Never seen the show before, but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy picking this one up. I heard the manga was supposed to be really good.

Funimation just keeps on licensing though. It kind of makes me worried 'cause its all building up...;; According to this link, they still have almost 35+ unreleased titles to put to DVD from last year. What about all of those? There are some really awesome licenses in there.

http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx?m=439888

FUNi better be careful o-o I bet the company is probably going to announce something at Anime Boston, too.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Sweet about time its going to be dubbed I just hope it not a year tell it comes out
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me that they love to hear Todds annoying voice lol Well, I don't and just by that I'm not even going to give it a shot.. I will however buy the dvd.

Last edited by jtiskool305 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
You got that right, Arsenic. I'm now expecting them to announce Chris Sabat as either Gajeel or Elfman.

Probably both along with Laxus, Mystogan, and any monster over 8ft high.

I expect to hear more voice recycling than One Peice.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
While I'm glad actors are getting work at Funi, I'm saddened it had to be a bland and generic Shonen turd like Fairy Tail. What, people already don't get enough of -the infinitely better- DBZ or One Piece (which is Boss)?

Is this really the caliber of anime that sells in the US?
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Not really surprising that Fairy Tail was licensed by FUNimation... I rather they licensed Katekyo Hitman Reborn! over this series, but that's just me. Neutral

If they DID license it, my guesses would be:
Tsuna: Brittney Karbowski
Gokudera: Eric Vale
Takeshi: Vic Mignogna
Ryohei: Justin Cook
Hibari: Todd Haberkorn or Chris Patton
Mukuro: Jerry Jewel
Chrome: Laura Bailey
Lambo (adult): Aaron Dismuke(IDK)
(kid): Monica Rial
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
every one is getting all excited, about the license and release of fairy tail, but have you all forgot about the shows that were announced over a year ago, and yet to have any release date set or cast been announced,

come on funi, where is railgun and index, or even chaos head, chaos head was supposed to release in February this year, and look at the delay for rosario vampire, but yet you will not comment on any of them, how about shana season 2 with the movie and OVA.......

I am starting to lose faith in you as a company.

Rosario + Vampire is having some issues with the masters from Japan.
Shana S2/movie/OVA and Railgun/Index are being handled by Geneon Universal, FUNimation can't release them until GU finishes their work on them.

So really, all one can criticize them for is Chaos Head.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!! I've been waiting for this one forever!!!

I knew FUNi would get it, if Viz would've picked up the manga I would've guessed they would've done it.

But seeing as how it runs in Weekly Shonen Magazine/Kodansha, Viz would never touch it.

I'm starting to get sick of Toddimation's dubs, and like others said I'm sure Chris Sabat will have at least 5 roles in the show.

But, I'll be buying this for sub-only viewing! I really enjoy the original cast.

And, I really hope they keep the original OP/ED music. I hate FUNi's stupid song remakes. Brina Palencia sings like every single one!
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice, but I'd rather have Katekyo Hitman Reborn licensed and dubbed. Very Happy
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
awesome and wow todd's been getting alot of roles lately, never thought of him for natsu but then again he could prolly pull it off. also nice to hear they will start releasing the series by the end of the year even though the first 13 episodes aren't that great not that there bad but episode 14-26 are where the show really starts to shine.

also one thing I'm wondering about is how funi will do the dvd's since its the first 48 episodes the 13 episode sets wouldn't work since the last volume would end up with 8 episode.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. I hope it gets on TV. It would be a major waste if it didn't.

I guess Todd could work as Natsu, though I was expecting Greg Ayres. It'll be weird that Todd is Keroro AND Natsu!

I expect Cherami Leigh to be cast as Lucy (though Caitlin Glass would be good too, I know she's too busy in Europe to commit to a large role at the moment). Luci Christian's had enough lead roles for now. Kristin Sutton would make a good Happy (she played a similar role in Save Me! Lolipop, and became the star of the show)! Colleen Clinkenbeard and Jamie Marchi would both be good Erza's.

Man! Funimation needs more voice actors! It's more "which combination?" than "who is who?". Though western animation voice acting is the same. There are shows where Grey Delisle, Tom Kenny, Jennifer Hale, Tom Kane, Vanessa Marshall, Jeff Bennett, Tara Strong, and Jim Cummings all voice at least 10 characters each.

It's good Tyler Walker's going to be the voice director. He's done some pretty good work.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:

also one thing I'm wondering about is how funi will do the dvd's since its the first 48 episodes the 13 episode sets wouldn't work since the last volume would end up with 8 episode.

4 sets with 12 episodes each would do the trick.
Ropen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
YES!!!!! I've been waiting for this one forever!!!

I knew FUNi would get it, if Viz would've picked up the manga I would've guessed they would've done it.

But seeing as how it runs in Weekly Shonen Magazine/Kodansha, Viz would never touch it.

I'm starting to get sick of Toddimation's dubs, and like others said I'm sure Chris Sabat will have at least 5 roles in the show.

But, I'll be buying this for sub-only viewing! I really enjoy the original cast.

And, I really hope they keep the original OP/ED music. I hate FUNi's stupid song remakes. Brina Palencia sings like every single one!

....Why does it even matter to you? Confused

You'll be seeing it subbed regardless, and some people happen to enjoy FUNi's dubs of Openings and Endings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7