• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Divineking wrote:
Seriously the show has the potential to be the next big thing with kids here(I like Naruto but it;s been the big thing for over half a decade and the praise is getting a tad old)so I pray Funi goes that route rather than soley marketing it towards us anime fans.

Naruto's anime is nearly done in the US anyways. Disney Anime hyper tossed the series to Saturdays at 11PM. That reeks of someone who ordered a tonne of episodes trying to recoup some money rather than just dropping the series entirely.

Unless there are some numbers to go by I think I'd chalk that up to content more than anything. The show is at a point right now where the violence level is on the raise and it keeps getting harder and harder to avoid from here. As it is we've got Akatsuki carrying a dead body around (that makes hilarious groaning sounds whenever on the screen), and soon we've got a major character death and an unavoidable decapitation (though it isn't exactly a death scene). Not exactly Disney-style entertainment, I'm thinking the time change was something they had planned for a while. I doubt it's a coincidence that the time change came just when the series was getting harder to edit.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Alright!! FUNimation, the best dubbing company, they haven't tarnished any anime with any of their dubs. I can trust them with this. Although it was a show I'd have expected Bandai Entertainment USA or Viz Media to get let alone 'gulp'...4Kids.

Keep em coming FUNimation, still got a lot of eps left.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:09 am Reply with quote
Another piece of Funimation news that came out at the con was that Strike Witches S1 will be released on blu-ray eventually. There was a BD/DVD combopack for it on Amazon that was changed to just DVD, but Adam said that was just because of material issues, and that the BD release will come out later.
Ropen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote
SethMosrite wrote:
If Funimation messes with Kanpeki gu no ne I will lose my mind.

People hated that song in the original...If anything I imagine FUNi could at least make it a tad enjoyable. Or it could be worse since we'll be understanding all of the cheesy lyrics.

Son-kun wrote:
I personally think Toriko's the best new Shounen I've read in the past 5 years. The bastard child mix of zany Tetsuo Hara-inspired designs, One Piece's world imagination, and Dragon Ball's absurdity in scales of power just have me laughing that it works. I just love the insanity in Shounen manga which is what I always look for. All that remains is to see how the anime plays out.

As far as Fairy Tail goes, yeah the manga is far superior, and yes early Mashima is eerily simlar to early Oda, but I think both respective artists have really evolved their styles in very different directions. If there's one thing Mashima has topped Oda in, it's his love for a strong female cast and female designs. Selling sex to kids at an early age is a way to get em' Just look at the guy's weekly covers and frame shots for Lucy and the others. The anime, however, takes everything that made the art style in the manga cool and just goes off in its own little direction. I don't know if the art becomes more Mashima-esque in the later episodes, but as someone who enjoyed the manga, I just couldn't really get into the anime.

The anime has improved substantially since it's premiere. I encourage you to give it another chance.

They've even managed to fix plot holes and retcons that Mashima had int he manga hen they were adapting his stories. And the filler episodes are actually...entertaining. I've read a lot of people that have read both the manga and anime that have enjoyed the anime's adaptation of the Oracion Seis arc way more than the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7