• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gamers Ikebukuro Closing -nyo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W-General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
What I meant to say was, originally, several years ago, there were TWO Gameres in Akiba.

The main store was actually a few blocks away from the station. That's the main store. With a cafe on top. And a huge Dejiko sign.

Then they also have this "Akiba station store" which was located right next to Akiba. It used to be only like two or three floors.

I think what happened was, they closed down their original main store, and expanded their Akiba Station Store (bought out the rest of the floors) and made it their main store. So now they only have one main store in Akiba - the one near the station.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I'm talking about the Gamers right off of the Akiba station. It's there, it exists. It's seven floors but no cafe on top. I was inside of the store in September (2005).

I was right outside of that store in the middle of August. However, for some reason, my friends and I decided to explore the rest of Akihabara and save the store for last. Then, we ran out of time... And by the time we got out of a restraunt where we had shabu shabu in Sunshine City, the store their had closed as well... At least I have a couple of pictures to prove to my friends at home that I was there. Maybe if my school's Japan Club gets its stuff together soon, I could go into one this August, but I'm broke from my last trip, so it's all depending on grants now.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:
By the way Redline, just curious, but what is your link to ANS? You wouldn't happen to be Jonah? Wink

He is.

I'm more curious about the source of 1.365 billion yen. ANN's original news quoted numbers from ITmedia, and after Jonah pointed it out I digged through Brocolli's press releases and financial reports. On page six of this report (released on 2006-01-16) it stated that the first three quarters (2005-03-01 to 2005-11-30) of fiscal year 2005 Brocolli had lost 1,089,537 thousand yen after tax -- that's 1.089 billion yen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
was there in july, some place hehe x_x so many floors, expensive anime but awesome selection mm

i picked up a tsubasa ost ^^
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
it stated that the first three quarters (2005-03-01 to 2005-11-30) of fiscal year 2005 Brocolli had lost 1,089,537 thousand yen after tax -- that's 1.089 billion yen.

This suggests that Jonah was right. If it lost 1.1 billion yen in 3 quarters, total loss should be somewhere around 1.4 ~1.5 billion yen.

I'd still be happier seing the exact figures, but I have faith that Jonah is correct.
-t

Edit:

Vitruvius sent me this:

> This Nikkei article says Broccoli has announced that
> it will be 1.365 billion yen in the red
> as to the bottom line in the consolidated statement
> of profit and loss.
> http://www.nikkei.co.jp/news/tento/20060116AT2E1601416012006.html
>
> Also you can download the papers about the matter
> from the Broccoli site.
> (
> http://www.broccoli.co.jp/company/pr/pdf/060116_pr01.pdf
> )
> Please check page 3.
> The figure, 1.365 billion yen, has been mentioned
> there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2