• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AX to Stream Events Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Surprising that it took so long for a con to impliment this - not surprising that AX was the first. I hope they have of bandwidth in reserve...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jtnishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe AX will pay attention, and make sure to keep archives of all of this data so that it can be streamed on demand. Then again, I suspect that there'd be a real problem broadcasting or keeping archived data for the CLAMP panel, the one event most people would love to see streamed out, given their media shyness.
Chun-Li

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
YAYY!!...Finally........ although it prolly won't discourage the long lines that are being expected... Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hanachan01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes! This is really awesome for an East-coaster who also happens to be a huge fan of Clamp, Romi Park, and Mana! I can't wait!
Mystic_Vegetto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a traveller, so for me going to cons is a problem. But I guess I can finally see what it's like at a con thanks to this.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
...*whine* Slightly more nervous about being in the masquerade now, knowing that it's going to be available like that. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
newave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
You can check out the page where its gonna be broadcast here:

http://www.stickam.com/profile/animeexpo

The schedules up for what will be streamed Live. Unfortunately no CLAMP panel but shouldn't they be showing up for the opening ceremonies?

Oh yah and if anyone wants to know more about Stickam, you can stop by my room here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
jtnishi wrote:
Then again, I suspect that there'd be a real problem broadcasting or keeping archived data for the CLAMP panel, the one event most people would love to see streamed out, given their media shyness.

Hell yeah... I'm not someone who would even otherwise be interested in watching any convention coverage streamed, preferring to get the gist of announcements and panels on news sites, but you betcha that I'll try and watch that.

Not that I'm expecting to actually see it live, considering bandwidth issues, but the key word there is "try".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1