• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MM! Light Novel Author Akinari Matsuno Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaZoR No1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
rest in piece...

only 32 years old huh?... died very young
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I really want to know how he died. I mean, that's really crazy. I wasn't the biggest fan of the show in the world, but it was pretty good. I'm really shocked. I just listened to my iPod, and it shuffled to MM!'s opening. It was like 'awwwww, dammit.' I mean I was the one who transliterated and translated the opening on Anime Lyrics... So I guess the show did have a certain connection to me. I won't say rest in peace because it's so cliche. SO GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE AS A ZOMBIE!
mix303

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I really want to know how he died. I mean, that's really crazy. I wasn't the biggest fan of the show in the world, but it was pretty good. I'm really shocked. I just listened to my iPod, and it shuffled to MM!'s opening. It was like 'awwwww, dammit.' I mean I was the one who transliterated and translated the opening on Anime Lyrics... So I guess the show did have a certain connection to me. I won't say rest in peace because it's so cliche. SO GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE AS A ZOMBIE!

LOL you tell them Laughing.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Oww, a shame. We shared a similar taste in boobies. Tonight's whisky goes to ya.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
hmm i got to thinking maybe he committed suicide. that's the only reason as of now that I can think of because if he did do that, I don't think they would openly have that to the press. This is just a personal thought though and I hope that I am wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hectotane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
But MM! is a story about "male masochism." (And that guy never really cured it, did he?)

You know... Divine Retribution has a lot of enemies. Nobody wants to admit that their own collective negativity might become one's ultimate downfall / doom one day. (So they gather up and insult others who say otherwise.)

But hey. One less promoter of male pansy-ism. Cool
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Hectotane wrote:
But MM! is a story about "male masochism." (And that guy never really cured it, did he?)

You know... Divine Retribution has a lot of enemies. Nobody wants to admit that their own collective negativity might become one's ultimate downfall / doom one day. (So they gather up and insult others who say otherwise.)

so it's okay for him to die because of that? really? I am bit of masochist myself but dammit that's not reason to say yay some is dead. Also the male lead has a pair of balls on him in the anime, he just likes to be slapped around and called dirty names. what's the big deal? I know most male leads that shit what's wrong with showing off a little fetishism. also if this was your attempt at trolling, i feel like a dick for falling for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
icekatana8825

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Good night Sweet prince, you shall be missed...
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Hectotane wrote:

Tyrenol I hope one day you have this amazing realization about how you're a huge jerk and your kinds of comments are insulting to anyone who reads them who has any form of respect for human life. Learn to separate reality from fiction one day and join the rest of us on the sane side, please. This man could write whatever the hell he wanted, but he's a human being first, and the fact that you're not going to see him as one solely because of your personal media tastes says loads about your own personality rather than his. Rolling Eyes (never mind the fact that you like to prattle about 'the value of human life', you seem far more concerned with the 'safety' of characters that don't exist.)
Also I have a huge kink for pansy males in fiction, so do you think I should die too?

I never saw MM, but I'm thinking of watching it just as a way of wishing the author the best on the other side, a sort of 'seeing off' thing, if you will. My condolensces to his friends and family. Anime cry
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:47 am Reply with quote
Hectotane wrote:

Divine retribution? Always the first thing said those who gather torches and pitchforks. It's ironic how you always point out others so-called negativity, mean spiritness in your previous posts, and yet in every post where you try to promote your GI-Joe ideology, you yourself are exhibiting those same attributes the most.

You know, Salvador Dali had critics exactly like you during his time. He was also a self-proclaimed pansy and yet he was stronger, much strong, of mind and heart than most "men"

In any case, I'm not going to speculate what happened but I'm shocked and saddened by Matsuno's death especially so young.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote
coral422 wrote:
I wish there could be updates on the cause of his death, since people from other sites are speculating its suicide. It's bad timing too, since he just got his material adapted to TV not too long ago.

And condolences to him and his family. Sad
One could add that perhaps the TV adaptation was tanking and it was going to get pulled which pushed him over the edge to allegedly take his own life, or it could be just a sudden death from an undiscovered medical condition. Magakas a renown for working long inhuman hours and not looking after themselves. Speculation is fun isn't it?

My prayers and condolances also to his surviving family and friends. May they find strength to endure their loss.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
Personally I don't see why his death should be related to his work, and its kind of disheartening to see people saying it was suicide at the drop of a hat. I mean, it's possible. Maybe it was work-related. But maybe he also fell down the stairs or choked on a bean or contracted an unknown illness, or maybe the cause isnt known at this point.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Did the series finish?

From the sources I heard, I don't think the series will ever have a conclusion and will likely stay unfinished either forever or for a long time if someone decides to pick the series up.

It's sad none the less, but just like the author of Shin Chan, there isn't much that can be done at this point.
minirop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
and its kind of disheartening to see people saying it was suicide at the drop of a hat.

if some said that it's because MF never said anything on the cause. For Yoshito Usui, we knew he fell of a cliff, for some other we know what happened. not here.
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
Never saw the series, but this is still a damn shame. As an artist and wanna be writer, this is like the worst thing that could happen to a guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3