• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The King of Fighters: Another Day Episode 3 Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
hope it's not as bad as the other two
Izlude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm waiting for fansubbed version still. So far, episode 2 tops my favorites, Billy Kane was just badass.
Dachande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm so loving KoF:AD. It's done what every fighting game based anime should have done, no real plot and just focus on the fighting. Plus the ending theme is fantastic, does anyone know the name of it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shi-ne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
The other two were kinda bland, weren't they? The action and that rock song are the only thing this 'ONA' has to offer.
stagedive_25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I think the band's called K's Crush. They sound like them anyway.
stagedive_25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I just watch the K' Dash episode and I'm honestly a little disappointed. I waited for months in anticipating to watch that one too.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Shi-ne wrote:
The other two were kinda bland, weren't they? The action and that rock song are the only thing this 'ONA' has to offer.

That's pretty much the point, isn't it? Considering each episode is ten minutes (even less when you count the credits) and there are only four of them, there's not a whole lot of room for great story development. This is fine by me, though - I'd rather they spend their money on some well animated fights rather than, say, three 24 minute episodes with weak animation and a ho-hum story that doesn't really make it worth watching (sup super robot wars original generation). It's pretty much just some nice fan service.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
stagedive_25 wrote:
I just watch the K' Dash episode and I'm honestly a little disappointed. I waited for months in anticipating to watch that one too.

The ' part of his name IS the "dash"... Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
the problem is there hasn't been one decent fight in the whole thing. it's bad enough they put emphasis on characters nobody likes, but both fights have ended abrupty in really stupid ways. it's just a big ad for Maximum Impact.
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
the problem is there hasn't been one decent fight in the whole thing. it's bad enough they put emphasis on characters nobody likes, but both fights have ended abrupty in really stupid ways. it's just a big ad for Maximum Impact.

didn't you watch the first episode? The fight between Iori and Sohiree was pretty badass, and Billy Kane's tustle with Lien and Rock just goes to show how cheap and overpowered he really is like in the games. Anime hyper

Your quite wrong that they put emphasis on characters nobody likes, I mean c'mon, Sohiree, Rock Howard, Billy Kane, K' and Maxima, The Ikari Warriors... all of them are pretty popular.

It may be true its a big ad for Maximum Impact, but it also works as to tie-in the main KOF series with Maximum Impact better.

Last edited by Izlude on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dachande

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I'd rather they spend their money on some well animated fights

And that's why I love this show much. The fights are just amazing to watch. The first time I saw the fight between Iori and Soiree I was drooling. Then the fights with Billy Kane were great as well. I seriously just can't wait to see this episode and the final one as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1