Digimon Adventure tri. (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote

Digimon Adventure tri. (TV)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Kids
Themes: Digital World, Fantasy

Plot Summary: Fifteen years after the summer vacation.

If we didn't go to the Digital World. If I didn't make this trip with others. If we didn't change at all like this.

These Digimon were always with us. We've been friends all the time. We learned the importance of helping each other. All the things have made us what we are!

New stories for all the "DigiDestined" in the world. Taichi, seventeen, high school days.
----------------------------------

Anyone remember the original Digimon? One of my favorite seasons besides Tamers. The nostalgia really came back when I saw the news. The character designs might take some time to get used to though but the fantasy world fiction elements of Digimon is pretty fun imo.

A lot of hype for this. Also, based on the premise, this is directly connected as a sequel so looking forward to see some growth with the main characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I will most definitely be watching this. I love Digimon. I am a little confused by the summary that says "fifteen years after the summer vacation" though. I suppose maybe they don't mean 15 years in the story world but 15 years in our world?
antasad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Just to open the discussion in this thread, while waiting for the show to air in next month.

Since there are no little amount of people that kind of disliking Uki Atsuya as the new Character Designer, I'm gonna throw in a question to start:

Quote:
Who would you like as the alternative Character Designer instead of Uki?

Speaking in a wish manner only, of course. I'm sure we all understand the choice of picking a new character designer is because (one of many) the target audience they're aiming now, which is to the older age than the original series was.

But I'm also sure, just because that reason, you all who didn't agree for Uki can think (or has thought) of another person that can also fulfill the need and at the same time is more to your taste for a Digimon character-designer.

As for myself, I didn't know anything nor that I had any opinion about Uki Atsuya when I first saw the first key visual. Then, when I get to watch his cencoroll, I get the hypes up. To the point that I even hope he's also directing several important/action-heavy episodes.

But I'm also just recently finished watching the entire 11 episodes of AnoHana PLUS the movie. And exactly when I watched the movie, I came to think, maybe Masayoshi Tanaka's style could also work. I like the way the movie is animated (it's not that fancy, of course, but just feels... "fit". improvement to the original series, nonetheless), that I came to imagine if Digimon Adventure tri. can be visualized like that too. And also because of the characters Jintan and Yukiatsu, which much or less the Taichi and Yamato of AnoHana, that I'm reminded of Digimon when watching :p .

But well, that's just my second thinking, I'm still getting my hypes up for Uki Atsuya. Really hopes the TV Show won't be a cheap budget production, and the animation is not too far of a quality from cencoroll.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to seeing Uki Atsuya's actual monster designs. That's where he excels. The monsters in Cencoroll were certainly great. Hopefully that will offset what I'm seeing so far. His actual [human] character designs certainly leave a lot to be desired. The same-face is bad enough but generic, matching school uniforms? Ug. I know the original Digimon's costume designs were a little corny (Gloves! Goggles! Everywhere!) but at least they had personality. These just look boring. Boring is kinda the one thing I can't tolerate in a show about fighting computer monsters.
Brook-Gomamon

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Digimon's costumes were certainly outlandish, even for the Digimon. Very unique. I never understood why Digimon sometimes wore belts on wrists.

But in all fairness, I've seen more outlasndish costumes in anime.

And he acts like he looks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1