• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy
Themes: bounty hunters, demons, post-apocalyptic, war

Plot Summary: Mistarcia is a magical world where humans, gods, and demons mingle together. In the past, the black-and-silver winged Bahamut has threatened to destroy the land, but humans, gods, and demons overcame their differences to fight together and seal its power. The key to that seal was split in two, one half given to the gods and the other to demons, so that they would never be united and Bahamut never released. Now, two thousand years later, the world is in an era of peace - until the day a human woman steals the gods' half of the key.
----------------------------------

Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015) starts here

----------------------------------

I think this was announced awhile ago last year but only recently confirmed to air in October. The PV has promise and apparently, this series is adapted from a game. I'm guessing there will be some sort of war developing in this show as well or some sort of major conflict.

The background is also quite something..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Really unusual stuff so far...

Besides the action, I also find that guy's hair to be wacky. I don't dislike it though but it might take awhile to get used to. I haven't played the games before but I this could be fun to watch. I think it's also a 1 cour show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Very impressive opening!
Parts of it reminded me of Attack on Titan..
Characters kinda look old school.
This one is pretty weird too.
Totally not what I expected while reading the plot.
The magic parts are great, but don't like that Favaro much.
Still the demon girl looks very interesting.
Gonna give it a few episodes before I decide.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
The only reason I'll continue to watch the show is the hope that Favaro Leone dies. Slowly. And painfully. I can't remember the last time I hated an MC this much.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

It feels like watching an opera or something, the epic scale is quite fun. The visual quality I saw looked pretty bad, but there is also some really good visuals underneath that. I like the setting, style and demons.

But the lead, Favaro, is quite unlikable. While we don't have a perfect pretty boy lead like usual, I don't think it is entirely a good thing.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
I like Favaro, aside from the Ronald McDonald hair. He's a puckish rogue, I like puckish rogues. I'm definitely sticking with this series at least a little while.
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Really enjoyed this first episode a lot more than I expected to. What a refreshing main character. Got a kick out of him digging himself a nice hole to fall in with his bragging. This could be an interesting ride, especially with that little surprise at the end of the episode.

Was pretty awesome as an introductory episode so here's hoping the rest keeps up the quality and fleshes out the setting some more so those of us with no knowledge of the card game's lore don't stay too lost.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
I like Favaro, aside from the Ronald McDonald hair. He's a puckish rogue, I like puckish rogues.

I'd certainly enjoy seeing his big, stupid, smug face battered by pucks.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote
Now that was surprisingly entertaining. And it looked pretty fine as well.

While Favaro is treading a fine line between being funny or annoying, for now his character works for me. Especially his interactions with Kaisar are hilarious and well, it's not like his behaviour isn't getting him into trouble: spoiler[he got his kiss (while being pretty much unconscious) but he also got a tail... Wink]

It's a bit too early to judge but this might actually turn out to be one of the pleasant surprises of this season for me.
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
This has the same character designer as Berserk Golden Age, Ergo Proxy and Gantz. I really love Naoyuki Onda's designs.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Spaghetti western meet nordic mythology? I'm in.

The only reason I'm not 100% in the "Favaro is awesome" camp is cause he shoot the horse and that's not cool. His design is interesting and I like character who seems to be enjoying there live.

Visual were a bit all over the place, very good in fight scene but some of the background not so much, that bridge at the beginning.. ugh. But nothing major so no big deal.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Out of all the new anime I watched, this had the best first episode. I don't know why some posters here dislike him, but I love guys like Favaro. He reminded me of Kanta from Desert Punk. A refreshing protagonist.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Great fun.

Favaro lost me when he shot the horse and loved it off, but I will have fun watching spoiler[demon] lady make him suffer. Twisted Evil

The scene with the dog was absolutely hilarious, and what better entertainment is there than male swashbuckling rivalry to a Morricone-slash-opera soundtrack with dragons being summoned somewhere along the line. Seriously. Keep it coming.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Going in, I wasn't really expecting much of anything, but I really enjoyed this! It looks good, I like the action and the characters (I can see how people might not like Favaro, but I don't find him too annoying, yet, anyway), and the music was great. I hope Kaiser and Favaro's interactions continue to be as entertaining as they were in this first episode.

Hmm, I think I'll go watch that horseback chase scene from the beginning again...really liked that part. Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Good episode. The relationship building between spoiler[Fraveo and Arima seems interesting enough. And not to mention, he is able to save her at the most of crisis. We'll probably find out even more about the two soon too.]

Oh and that ED song is awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7