• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Robotech: Shadow Chronicles Completed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Since it is done,i hope they find someone to distribute the product quickly.I am not bitching or moaning but mearly saying that they promised this product last year.I hope it comes out by the end of the summer which in my mind extremely feasible.
paulsgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Does this follows after the Hunter-Hayes wedding? Because that's the last one I've seen (Please tell if there were more after that!!! Very Happy ) This is the Invid story, right (not the with Scott and Marlene)? I hope they follow the book, if this is true.. like in the first, second and third generation of Robotech. Smile I didn't really care much for the other ones.
Delum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote
It follows after the last Episode, with Scott going to find Hunter.
paulsgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Ooh.. the last book, I think.. it's was really thick. That one's good too. You'd find out about the history and the basis of Protoculture. Ahh.. I wish they would start on the story of when the SDF-3 left Earth to establish good relations with the Zentraedi Masters.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
About time they finished it. I've been waiting to see this one for a while now. I just hope they get this out on DVD or in theatres (whatever they're going to do with it) soon. I'm really anxious to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kouji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
paulsgirl wrote:
Ooh.. the last book, I think.. it's was really thick. That one's good too. You'd find out about the history and the basis of Protoculture. Ahh.. I wish they would start on the story of when the SDF-3 left Earth to establish good relations with the Zentraedi Masters.
The new series is an American-made sequel to the New Generation saga of the anime. The Robotech novels are considered by Harmony Gold to be unofficial and out of canon with the official Robotech timeline and will most likely be completely ignored with regards to the production of this new series. I'm surprised they were able to actually finish the production of this. Considering how long they've been delaying The Shadow Chronicles' release and Harmony Gold's current track record at producing Robotech sequels, it didn't seem like this would ever make it. But can it really be that hard for Harmony Gold to find a distrubutor? Wouldn't ADV be the obivious choice here for the new series? ADV does love to milk the original Robotech franchise for all its worth, after all. They've been good partners with Harmony Gold in the past. Why can't ADV just be the ones to release it on DVD?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
paulsgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I'm not that knowledgeable with production companies. I'm just glad that they'll be finishing this. Smile

I've always thought that the Robotech anime was pretty much on the dot with the characters, the story and follows pretty much the same storyline, although I think I was a bit confused with somewhere with the 2nd generation storyline (with Bowie and Musica). That's why I'm pretty much surprised when you said that Harmony Gold considered the novels as unofficial.
robotenchi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey as long as they Keep the Characters from Robotech in the new anime I will be happy. Just don`t want to start trying to remember new characters when the older one`s still have so much to give us.Yes I do want to see Rick Hunter and his misses Lisa lol. Razz

Johnny

PS: Will Rick Have Minme as his little sqeeze on the side LOL
milky88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Yes we get what happens to the SDF-3 after this whole long shity time of waiting. Twisted Evil
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this. I have been reading the new Robotech comic, "Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles" and I must say that it has been pretty good.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Can't ADV just distribute this? Seeing as to how they distributed both Robotech Extended along with the Japanese versions like Macross and such?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1