• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Claymore - Tv Collection

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
This image sums up my feelings about this show very well...

In fact the best part of the show for me was actually Clair's flashback, probably because of the lack of Raki.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
For an entirely contrary view, you can read this post I made in the What are you watching right now? Why? thread.

I think you're being way too harsh on Raki and I also think you're missing the point with him. Firstly, he's only a child. Sure, he can be irritating but, then, so is the child Clare with Teresa. Secondly, he plays a crucial role in Clare's redemption, in her rejection of revenge as a course of action. Perhaps you want a more shonen action oriented character? That's not his role.

Also, someone going by the monicker boredandlazy describing someone else as useless is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Wink

But, yes, I certainly agree that the Teresa - Clare arc is the highlight of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ReaKon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
I personally really enjoyed this series and would have rated it higher than what review it was given.

Granted, it is nowhere near as good as the manga (given Raki's voice easily irritates and is non-existant when reading). The ending was piss-poor as well given how they had to wrap it up to end the series. It is much better in the manga as spoiler[it ends with you thinking that the remaining awakened ones kill everyone. The next volume takes you to 7 years later with 7 survivors and the plot gets even bigger from then on.]

Maybe I am just a sucker for the typical shonen formula....in fact, scrap maybe, I am definately a sucker for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1