• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2006-02-17]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyweinKioko4031

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
HyweinKioko4031 wrote:
No offense, but to ask 'Why look for a Christian manga?' is kind of a stupid question. A lot of my anime-friends are devout Christians, and some of the manga subjects out right now can be a little unnerving (not to say I don't agree with you -- manga is just entertainment), but a "Christian" manga (and as Zac said, it depeneds on what you mean by 'Christian'-based) would be a bit refreshing -- as long as it didn't suck, and wasn't so in-your-face about it that it completely loses the story.
Correct me if I'm wrong. but wasn't a manga form of some of the Bible stories done before?

I'm actually not sure Anime smile;;
deathbringer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
djarch wrote:
I wouldn't mind it terribly if religion began to show up in my anime or manga... it's already on our tv, radio and movies, and I believe it thrives. It IS after all, a medium... not a genre. Wink

No, it's a genre.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:
djarch wrote:
I wouldn't mind it terribly if religion began to show up in my anime or manga... it's already on our tv, radio and movies, and I believe it thrives. It IS after all, a medium... not a genre. Wink

No, it's a genre.

What's a genre? Anime?

You might want to look up the word 'genre' then.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote
Searching Dogpile.com I found this one called Lammy-chan , and A Strange Wind Blowing And this one called Riceball Guy. All Christian based manga.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
deathbringer wrote:
djarch wrote:

No, it's a genre.

What's a genre? Anime?

You might want to look up the word 'genre' then.

Not anime, religion.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote
Co-incidentally, I just received an e-mail from the organisers of Australia's largest pop culture conventions, which states in part:

Quote:
CHRISTIAN COMICS TRAINING COMES DOWNUNDER

And now for something completely different, the COMIX35 ministry will hold their first 2006 Christian comics seminar in Sydney , Australia on May 29-31. Operating since 1996, has held 30 training events around the world, for over 750 attendees representing 49 countries.

So at least some people are taking the production values of "Christian Comics" seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5