• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Silver Spoon Episodes 1 - 6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alunimus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
Wow, why so serious discussion about overweight character? I do understand that such things may cause butthurt of fat people and people who believe themselves to be "tolerant", "just", "understanding", yadda-yadda. But... just look! It's a big spherical girl with the face from Hokuto no Ken and obsessive love for money! Its just fun to look at her interactions with different characters!
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
hooliganj wrote:
Quote:
Who would ride a horse in a short skirt?

That bugged me, too. In the episodes and in the manga, Mikage always wears pants or at some kind of clothes more appropriate for riding. But in the opening sequence they have her in the school uniform's skirt for some reason.

Someone who's never ridden a horse before.

I have had an instructor who had us do a lesson in shorts in order to help us develop.

In shorts, you mean gym shorts or something else covering your private parts? Such an uniform is used in hippotherapy where direct contact with horse stimulate humans legs and pelvis- but during such rides horse rather walk than gallop.

Old medical books have a whole chapters dedicated to injures of the private parts caused by riding a horse without proper protection- there's a reason why most of the riding schools require students to wear thick trousers even during the summer. Such injuries are painful and usually hard to heal, so nobody with common sense would have even a casual ride with only short skirt and panties.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Who would ride a horse in a short skirt?

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2