• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Build-A-Ninja Sweepstakes!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
hentaiguy wrote:
No probably about it SharinganEyes92. The simple truth is that I'm a quote unquote freak. This persona is extremely effective at grabbing attention as well. Quite the effective little tool.

I understand. It really does grab attention.

The first time I opened up a page with your name on it, I saw your name immediately because it stuck out so much.

You really get that "freak" thing across with that name. It's cool, but it gets you negative attention also. That's the only problem.

But hey, the way you talk is so funny. You sound just like my grammar teacher. You should keep talking that way. It'll get across the "freakiness" as well, but in a cool, funny way.
Izuro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm.... xD;; I'm going to add to the masses here, and ask if it is at all possible to get any such feedback on my entry, Natsugawa Hotaru, sent from the e-mail [email protected] :*D

I know the character information was less than stellar... xD; Any comments would be appreciated though. Very Happy If you have time, and you don't mind, Zac-...san? ^^;

Thank you very much, either way! =^^=
zferolie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess I would like your thoughts on my work too. I know my art wasn't the best ever, because I'm still learning how to draw better, and because I have no good editing programs on my comp, I had to work with what I drew out. It's good for my work. But I think I did a good job with her discription, just the right length so it had alot of info but didn't swamp you with it.

Mine was Morihea Akane. Here's her pic: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29898545/

And Here was her discription:

Name: Morihea(Forest Hair) Akane(Brilliant Red)

Village: Konoha

Hair Color: Bright Red

Eyes: Blue

Clothes: She likes to wear blue jeans, and a Yellow sleeve less top. She wears her Konoha head band on her right thigh so it doesn't get in the way of her hair.

Personality: She has an in your face attitude, similar to Anko. She is not afraid to voice her opinion to anyone. She is not too hyper, but can be very active.

Past: She is a 15 year old Chuuin. She Graduated the Academy a little after Naruto went to train with Jiriaiya. She has 2 other teammates, one that is a summoning expert and one that mixes taijutsu and wind to attack, and their team leader is Anko. They have been on quite a few B rank missions and a few A rank missions, and are considered one of the top Chuuin teams out there. Her Family has only been in the village for about 10 years, so they are one of the newer families. Because of this, her parents are not aloud to join the ninja in the town for security reasons, but Akane is able too because of her age when she moved here. Akane is the first in her Family to attend the Academy and become a chuunin in Konoha. Her Parents Run a hair salon, but are themselves trained Ninja, and will help out the village when the help is needed, like when the sound and sand attacked.

The Morihea’s hair salon is very popular in Konoha. They have the best hair products around and something for any type of hair. They have shampoo that gets the chakra to flow thru the hair to give it a great shine and texture. They can design any hair style. They even have a hair re-growth formula for people who become bald or female ninjas whose hair gets destroyed in missions. Ino goes to this salon at least once a week. She even has a tab there.

Catchphrase: She thinks catchphrases are stupid, because one of her teammates uses one.

Ninja Techniques: Her Family's jutsu is the control of their hair. She can grow and shrink her hair to any size she wants. Akane can use it to stab, cut, throw, strangle, and capture foes. She can also use it to fully protect herself from the enemies attacks. She can also use her hair to make a replica of herself. The replicate and the real one can stay connected by there hair, or can separate, depending on the situation.

She is able to shoot individual hairs out as needles barely seen by the naked eye with deadly accuracy. This is good for silent kills. She can also slight enemies throats quietly with her hair. Her hair is very hard to cut with normal weapons. And is very, very quite when she wants it to be. She can even move unconscious or dead people like puppets with her hair. She doesn’t use this skill much because she’s not very skilled in this area, but its good for tricking guards for a few minutes so one of her teammates can take care of them.

One of her teammates is a Summon expert, and his family has most of the blood contract scrolls in their shop. Because of this connection, Akane was able to make a contract with an animal. She chose the Hedgehog. The hedgehog’s she summons vary in size, from regular sized ones to giant ones. Their main form of attack is rolling into a ball and squashing and impaling their foes. Akane is able to throw the small ones with her hair, so they basically become living shurikens. She is able to summon 5 small hedgehogs at once for this skill.

Her hair also still works even after cut. If the team is on a secret mission, and they have to hid bodies, Akane can wrap her hair around the body, put some chakra into the hair, and the cut it. The hair then acts like a camouflage, blending in perfectly with the surroundings. The effect last for 12 hours, plenty of time to complete the mission and leave without any bodies being discovered.

She is not skilled in this area, but she can do some healing of herself and her teammates, using her hair as a medium for the charka to increase the results. She’s not able to do it as well as Tsunade or Sakura, but she can heal some minor wound, but it uses up a lot of charka, so she only uses it when necessary.

She can also use a fire jutsu to set her hair on fire. She isn’t good at fire jutsu, so she has her teammates use a Fire jutsu or use the toad summon to set her hair on fire. It doesn’t damage the hair or herself for awhile. She is then able to whip her hair around like a fire whip to scorch the foes. She can also still use any of her other hair jutsu’s while the hair is on fire, thus adding damage to her attacks. She cannot keep her hair on fire for long though, because after awhile it will start to damage Akane. She doesn’t fully enjoy the move because it leaves her hair all burnt looking, and also effects her hair strength till she washes it out. But she will do it because she knows it is very effective.

Her ultimate move is that she slams her hair into the ground, and it explodes out many places and skewers the foe. It's a very difficult move to dodge. Her ultimate move is not at it's full strength, but when it is, it will make it look like a forest of hair reaching to the skies. Right now she can only get the hair to go up 7 feet and has an area of 20 feet around her. It is still very effective, but she is trying to make it more powerful.

Akane wishes to become a top ranking Juunin like Anko and have her own team one day. She doesn't really want to become a hair stylist like her parents, but she still is learning the trade, and helps out her parents. She uses those practices on herself a lot, and also on Anko, who a first was not too fond of the idea. She also wants to increase her medical jutsu skills, because she knows how important healing is in the middle of a mission.

Don’t ask her to cook though. She is VERY bad at it. Almost killed her teammates the first time she cooked for them.

So yeah, when you can zak, I'd really like your comments.
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I just checked out the winners of the build a ninja contest and I'm kind of mad that I did register in time to get involved in it. I espically like Batan and Kanoko. Oh well. Hummm... Maybe there will be another build a ninja contest some time in the future so those of us who missed out the first time will get a second shot at it? ( hint hint) Think I'll start working on my ninja just in case .........
JOE-nin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
hey all, here is my submition also since some people feel obliged to post theirs. Me and my friends all goto art college so we took this as a challenge for eachother but lo and behold none of us won! lol Razz

just bought a wacom tablet so this was my first attempt using that sucker. little akward but easier to keep organized

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8126/jdsusumu200620sh.jpg
Tsura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I agree with sharingan. While your name does draw attention it may not be the good type of attention.
The first time I read you name, my first thoughts were "that's a bad name. that guys probably a low life." But from reading your posts it is blantantly obvious my initial thought were wrong (its really my fault for judging a book by its cover).
It's true that the first impression really is the strongest, and if I hadn't gone through and read your post that would have been my view of you. I just don't think the name fits your personality. I am sure that many people would probably disregard your comments based on you name. I just dont think that's fitting.
Lackshmana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This is my submission.

My roomie and I worked on it together.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/30027479/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hentaiguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote
I understand how the name can be miscontrued and held in a negative light, after all it does have a decidedly pitiful connotation. Truth is its an inside joke between myself and a few friends from eighth grade. I use it for all the registries I have online. This is not the first time I've been sequestered about using it, trust me. Like I said though, its useful, not only at attracting attention and sparking conversation, but also at weeding out the judgemental minds of the online masses and the confrontational or just the ignorant baka. I've used it for four years now and I have no intetnion of changing it. Those that may find it offensive and horrid will continue to, those that think it is interesting and comical will continue to, as well. It reminds me of the friends I can't see anymore so I'm happy to deal with the side effects of having hentaiguy as a screen name. Fitting or not its my choice. I do enjoy seeing your point of view on the matter though, Tsura. Thank you.

P.S. *whispers* It's a persona chica I don't always talk that way...lol...don't tell anyone. Wink
Tsura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I see. It's not really that I took any offense from it. sometimes you just have to stick with tradition. And anyway I'm more embarrassed that I jumped to conclusions, thats not like me but I do it every once and a while.
hentaiguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote
Oh, Tsura, worry not, we all do that every once in a while. American society demands it, its engraved in our minds, inherent. I myself am guilty of such rash judgements and when they have been made I immediately regret being so quick to think such things. So you shouldn't let it bother you. Humans are not perfect just exceptional, we all fail, even the greats.
Tsura

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
lol. thanks for the reassurance.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody here know when Zac's going to put up the gallery?

Because I check everyday and it's not there.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Does anybody here know when Zac's going to put up the gallery?

Because I check everyday and it's not there.

Unfortunately, the gallery is taking far longer than I'd anticipated and I've been swamped lately. I suspect I'll be able to put the finishing touches on it next week, and the gallery will go up in early april.

Apologies for the delay.
hentaiguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
Perhaps, Master Zac, if you would remove yourself from the desert, the task at hand would become that much more simple. Extreme heat distracts the mind, extreme cold turns it sluggish.
Tsura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Very witty today aren't we.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14