• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney XD to Run Naruto: Shippuden the Movie on May 15

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderbird-

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this means that Naruto Shippuden is doing well and that will get Disney Anime hyper to show more anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
...-snicker-
I have the DVD, but I'm tempted to watch the TV broadcast just to see how badly they're going to edit the darn thing. If the edits in the current arc are any indication (for those that aren't paying attention/watching, they just started the Hidan/Kakuzu arc), I get the feeling I know how it'll turn out. Anime hyper
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
But the question is: How badly will they edit it? Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
My guess is Disney is going to edit this movie so much, it will just like another ultra squeaky clean G rated film they have produced, with the exception of maybe with a very, very small portion of a action scenes. But even those will be heavily edited and most likely censored as well.

Essentially, it will likely to be worth laughing at, but not really worth watching. So the chances of this being absolutely horrid and a giant disappointment are exceptionally high.
opn

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
wait there is a typo. pierrot made the naruto movies not toei and disney xd didn't air darkrai cn did. anyway this is surpriseing but its a good sign shippuden is doing well. Smile
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
wait there is a typo. pierrot made the naruto movies not toei and disney xd didn't air darkrai cn did. anyway this is surpriseing but its a good sign shippuden is doing well. Smile

Yeah, I noticed that too. Toei has nothing to do with Bleach or Naruto. They have Open Piece and DBZ Kai.
Takuku

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The channel's UK version also aired the Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai anime film last month.

Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions is also set to premier on Disney Anime hyper (uk) on Thursday.

Still lost why the reference to this was actually made anyway in the first place. >.<
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be watching this. I already seen the movie before, but wouldn't mind seeing it again on DisnneyXD. =P
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Naruto Shippūden is the fifth theatrical film based on the Naruto anime franchise. The first four were based on the first television series; the Naruto Shippūden film is the first based on the sequel television anime of the same name, which takes place two and a half years after the final events of the previous series.
Funny, I remember only three "pre-Shippuden" movies:

- Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
- Legend of the Stone of Gelel
- Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom

Unless they're counting the theatrical short, Konoha Sports Festival; Naruto Shippuden: The Movie is the fourth movie in the franchise, not the fifth.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Well I dont think I would watch it but maybe this will get viz off there asses to release the other movies soon
opn

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well I don't think I would watch it but maybe this will get viz off there asses to release the other movies soon

well manga uk has the second so viz is probably dubbing the second one now....at least i hope since i really want to own that. Surprised
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I thought that Disney doesn't edit a single frame of Naruto: Shippuden, but rather Viz does for US broadcast...
Question
JediJaina

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Viz does the editing, but Disney is the one that tells them what they need to edit. Probably why it took so long to air. Rolling Eyes
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Nice, will definitely be watching! Haven't seen it yet. Actually still have yet to start Shippuden. I've read about 200 chapters into the Shippuden manga, but haven't watched the anime yet.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Thunderbird- wrote:
I hope that this means that Naruto Shippuden is doing well and that will get Disney Anime hyper to show more anime.

I wonder if this means they will get back to running new episodes for the series anytime soon. Always disappointing to see it appearing in the to record list, only to get home Wednesday night and not find it waiting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3