• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Drawing anime characters.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siilent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I usually tend to draw my own, Akito Sohma being the only exception- I have an entire sketchbook involving him, chibi-like or not...I also have a remake of his wardrobe in the anime.

So other than my main fictional obsession, I generally don't try for /serious/ drawings of characters.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I've drawn one piece of fanart in my life, and that was last week for the Answerman "Creation Station" winner's fake anime "The Adventures of Magical Kitty Princess Cutie-Kat." I just thought it would be funny.

My "real" artwork and animation is all located at my Minnesota Artists page.

Now we've just gotta get jaddy-chan in this thread and we'll be all set. Anime smile

siddo wrote:
But can somebody tell me how i put a picture on it ?

First use a website like Image Shack to upload your file onto the internet. Then you can either use the "Img" button at the top of the ANN message post window to link to it, or you can copy/paste the code Image Shack will give you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
siddo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Cloe thank you for explaining..
and here's my picture but i must say it's taken with the webcam so it's not very good
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
t's OK, at least for me. It gives everyone the opportunity to show off their art skills or be wowed by others. I'm pretty sure there was a thread just like this, but it was at least several months ago and I have no clue where it is in the archives Anime dazed.

Thats cool, but just to be sure, wouldn't something like this be more specifically be at home in the manga section? Manga is the medium for anime style artwork on paper and anime is the medium for it on film. Since this is all pretty much done on paper, with the exception of those that own tablets and do work using a mouse, wouldn't this kind of fall under that category? If it stays in the anime section, that would be cool too since this place recieves the most traffic and thus would get the most publicity, but I just want to get the particulars out of the way.
Luminal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

You are quite talented!

Luminal
prettygirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Fui wrote:
There are some pretty awesome fanarts out there that just make me think "hmm...why bother trying...".

"Oh wow!!!" is what I have to say about your fanart. I especially liked the Bleach piece. With that talent, I see no reason for you to think, "Why bother trying." It's pointless to compare your work to others... so don't. You're great the way you are with the talents that you have Cool
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I love to draw, but I rarely post the pictures I make on the internet unless they are colored. But recently, I made a "fanart"... kind of, but you'll understand what I mean once you see the picture I drew and color. Anime smile

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29635887/

I plan on drawing more later on!
Fui

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I've drawn one piece of fanart in my life, and that was last week for the Answerman "Creation Station" winner's fake anime "The Adventures of Magical Kitty Princess Cutie-Kat." I just thought it would be funny.

Now we've just gotta get jaddy-chan in this thread and we'll be all set. Anime smile

siddo wrote:
But can somebody tell me how i put a picture on it ?

First use a website like Image Shack to upload your file onto the internet. Then you can either use the "Img" button at the top of the ANN message post window to link to it, or you can copy/paste the code Image Shack will give you.

I saw this on the Hey Answerman thread for last week's contest and thought it was so good. It looks so professional, too. How do people get the colors and lines so clean and crisp? Do they actually color with photoshop or just edit pictures? I'd like to get some color into my stuff, so I was just wondering how people do it (like in anime).
Satanachia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
well i decided to share my meager drawing with all yall. This here photo took me a month to draw thus far and its still not finished. If you have GitS for PS2 look in the manual for the picture that i drew this from.

[/img]
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Fui wrote:
I saw this on the Hey Answerman thread for last week's contest and thought it was so good. It looks so professional, too. How do people get the colors and lines so clean and crisp? Do they actually color with photoshop or just edit pictures? I'd like to get some color into my stuff, so I was just wondering how people do it (like in anime).

Thank you. After I did my initial sketch, I used a light table and traced the image onto a new sheet of paper using a .5mm lead pencil. Then I scanned the drawing and used photoshop to color. Most used tools: polygonal lasso tool + paint bucket, brush tool, and the blur tool. Each color is on a separate photoshop layer, as are highlights and shadows. The entire process took about 4 hours.

When I color my animation, I use pretty much the same process, minus the blur.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DaZ616

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
This is my anime drawing:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/img017.jpg

Its a sketch of Naruto using his 'Rasengun' Attack( i dont know if thats the right spelling)
Im not that good but i want to become better Very Happy

I migth colour it with photoshop later on.

Enjoy

DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

Anime catgrin + sweatdrop Nyaaa you flatter me! But heck, I love this thread already! Yes, I also draw in anime style. I don't do fanart very often (with the exception of FF7 doodles.. those are everywhere), but I do love coming up with original characters. Actually, I'd like to do more fanart, but never found the time for it! There's an example of my art in the latest Hey Answerman thread, the first Magical Kitty Princess fan art piece. It's not my best example, but it's there. I also drew my avatar.. it's ANN's mascot in Family Guy style. I'll post stuff in here when I have a chance.. I don't have anything good online right now.

And I have to agree with what Prettygirl said- no one should feel discouraged by other artists who may be better than you. Just look at those artists as inspiration! Even super amazing artists think they suck when they compare their art to their favorite artists. Drawing is fun, so don't let anything ruin your fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
don'tlookbehindyou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Quote:
t's OK, at least for me. It gives everyone the opportunity to show off their art skills or be wowed by others. I'm pretty sure there was a thread just like this, but it was at least several months ago and I have no clue where it is in the archives Anime dazed.

Thats cool, but just to be sure, wouldn't something like this be more specifically be at home in the manga section? Manga is the medium for anime style artwork on paper and anime is the medium for it on film. Since this is all pretty much done on paper, with the exception of those that own tablets and do work using a mouse, wouldn't this kind of fall under that category? If it stays in the anime section, that would be cool too since this place recieves the most traffic and thus would get the most publicity, but I just want to get the particulars out of the way.

Techniquelly you could argue that it belongs in this section due to the fact that the art features anime characters or are inspired by them.

Satanachia all I can say is wow to your picture. Gives us non artsy people hope for the future.
rajamitsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I haven't drawn anything anime-realated for a while, but I do enjoy doing fanart. Although I do have an addiction to making most characters chibi.

This is the most recent thing I've done fanart/anime-wise. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Satanachia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
don'tlookbehindyou wrote:
Satanachia all I can say is wow to your picture. Gives us non artsy people hope for the future.

thanks. i finished the body today in art class. i ran outta paper so i'm debating whether or not to finish it on the backside of a blank page or just leaving it the way it is. i'm also trying to put "ghost in the shell: stand alone complex" at the top of the page but thats gonna be hard since i have a hard time getting my charcoal into a really fine point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3