• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not so Daily Link of the Day: The Six Finger Phenomenon

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
for some reason i never noticed this before, i wonder how they could make a mistake like that.

anyone know of any other mangas that did this?

Last edited by v1cious on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Give those artists a vacation!
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I guess that's what happens when you draw 20 pages of manga per week...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
There used to be numerous screenshots floating around of several anime pulling this stunt, too. Rozen Maiden, for one, the others I can't quite remember right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I've never seen a six-fingered error, but I've seen a few four or even three fingered people once in a while. I feel a bit sorry for those manga-kas having 20 pages a week grilled out of them, even if the job was voluntary. Don't they have editors? Or maybe they've been over-worked too.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Laughing I've never seen a six-fingered error, but I've seen a few four or even three fingered people once in a while. I feel a bit sorry for those manga-kas having 20 pages a week grilled out of them, even if the job was voluntary. Don't they have editors? Or maybe they've been over-worked too.
That's one of the reasons it's called "deadline" Wink
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't they have to redraw the entire page to get rid of such a silly and mostly unnoticeable error. I mean, why bother? Especially since, as it's been noted, mangaka have such short deadlines. Maybe the editors do notice, but don't think it's worth spending the time on.

I'd be more curious to know how many of these errors make it to tankoubon format.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Well for some reason, when manga-ka use white out, the 3 dimensionality of it doesn't seem show up when it's scanned, or else it could be edited on the computer. The creators/staff could definitely fix the error with a tablet, but for some reason, computers don't seem to be utylized so much in a lot of manga. I don't see CG or computer inked works as much as I see Copic marker or watercolored art. I suppose it's the same in the U.S. tbough too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1