• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Oscar Glory for Howl's Moving Castle

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
3 6 Mafia just won for "Its Hard out Here for a Pimp". And yes they beat a country-singing white woman with 36DDs

I'm sure the programmers at BET would be proud. Rolling Eyes

Don't hate. Just be envious.

Becaue its HARD out here for a Pimp!! And homegirl broke it down so correct at the end of the performance. And she didn't need 36DDs either...

Apparently it's hard to hit the right note too when you hit that final one... she was so off-key in that last screech that I just looked at my friends and said, "...did she do that on purpose, or was she really trying to hit a high note? because she missed.".

Wallace and Grommit definitely deserved the award, hands-down. Solid narration, great humor, and even some surprise twists.
Otakumail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
No longer I like the Oscars. Crying or Very sad
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not really sure why everyone is making a big fuss over these awards; was it because Howl's Moving Castle was an Anime, or simply because it's Miyazaki? The original story wasn't perfect, but neither were Miyazaki's changes; Howl leveled out in story quality halfway through the movie. Sure, it was orchestrally, vocally, and visually spectacular, but an average story does not a "Best Animated Feature" make. 'Memoirs of a Geisha' couldn't have said the demonstrated this property in a better way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6