• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Fifth TV Series Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
After all you can't stop at the 5th season. Y'knew something was coming eventually. It has been awhile since the last installment.

Hmmm, 'Digimon Savers', does that have any relation to 'Life Savers'? Laughing

Let's see what while combinations they'll come up with now.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
" Thanks to Shining Celebi for this item."

*mumbles about the others including me pointing this out countless of times*
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
O.M.G.

WHAAAAAA?! New Digimon?! After they seemingly closed down for good like 5 years ago? (I can't count) After they went and had the whole final "100th CD" thing, and after the supposed clincher-to-Digimon-forever-for-good X-Evolution movie?!

Wow. Major necromancy. Hopefully this ritual is a success and we don't get some kinda rotting undead zombie. (like Frontier was, but shaddup because I LIKED Frontier)
Zeiram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
i just want all out dvd release, and a hacker or two o.o;;

Digimon: Hackers
a group of kids hack into the closed digital world and edit it into a world of their own until th enew kids are brought in and the war is anew

x_x sigh, i just love the concept. It matrix for kiddies ^^
Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
*cheers* I'm so excited. I'm a big fan of Digimon even for my age! I'm so glad they're continuing it. I wasn't a fan of Traders so let's hope this makes up for it!
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote
Link goes nowhere now?
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
O.M.G.

WHAAAAAA?! New Digimon?! After they seemingly closed down for good like 5 years ago? (I can't count) After they went and had the whole final "100th CD" thing, and after the supposed clincher-to-Digimon-forever-for-good X-Evolution movie?!

Wow. Major necromancy. Hopefully this ritual is a success and we don't get some kinda rotting undead zombie. (like Frontier was, but shaddup because I LIKED Frontier)

Indeed. In fact I consider this show (assuming it's a TV series) a "revival".

I'm hoping it isn't too late for American after 4 years of reruns (which I'm confident it won't be)

Oh, yeah. It's been four years since the last series.

Also, it will be airing on Fuji TV. As such Gash Bell may or may not be ending soon (Gash Bell replaced Digimon in it's Japanese timeslot).
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
a group of kids hack into the closed digital world and edit it into a world of their own until th enew kids are brought in and the war is anew

Wouldn't that basically just be a reworking of the first half of the second season? That's pretty much what Ken was doing, using his technology to control the digital world using the spires and rings and locking up the evolution abilities of the original eight Digidestined Digimon.

But anyway, this has me really excited, I'm a huge Digimon fan, can still remember watching the first episode way back when it premiered on FOX, I believe I was a Sophomore or Junior in high school at the time and it was getting some heaving advertising at the time. As both an anime fan and a toy collector I had an idea of what I was in for, and while Pokemon was in the back of my mind while watching the first episode I could tell right away this was a wholly different animal. The tournaments were nowhere to be seen with survival being the key theme. It became something I couldn't get enough of and even today I DVR the episodes and re-watch them with the same enjoyment I felt when they were new.

Season Five... even though Bandai just kept saying Digimon wasn't dead, it was just taking a break I was finding it hard to believe. I'm sure whatever this new season turns out to be it'll have been worth the wait!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lledra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with Zeiram, I WANT DVD'S DAMNIT!!! I would buy them all! I want good, Dvd's of Digimon! Is that really so much to ask?
LilyChan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Dude. They HAVE to release at least Season 1 here! All we got were video tapes when they were fading away! ;-; And it'd be nice if it was the uncut version (or subtitled version) >_>

I just hope they're not going to recycle the Token Angst Pretty Boy© again for the 5th time...It was amusing up until 4th season. I didn't watch Frontier simply for that reason. :/ But that's just my opinion...Anyway 'nough babbling. >>;
bobobobobobobo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
The only Digimon season i liked was 3. Beezelmon(sp?) and THE RED BLOB OF DOOM owned you.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
LilyChan wrote:
Dude. They HAVE to release at least Season 1 here! All we got were video tapes when they were fading away! ;-;

Parts of Adventure, Adventure 02 and Tamers were released on VHS in the US (dubbed), the movie was released on DVD and so were the first 13 episodes of Adventure (twice in fact). They've all been deleted since and they never finished a season, but they were all released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Zeiram wrote:

Wouldn't that basically just be a reworking of the first half of the second season? That's pretty much what Ken was doing, using his technology to control the digital world using the spires and rings and locking up the evolution abilities of the original eight Digidestined Digimon.

I think you're right but I doubt that they would re-hash old characters with new faces. They'll probably out some kind of spin on it so it doesn't have fan's goin "you did this last time; yawn". The kids will porbably fix it in such a way that its all evil and now they have to go back and fix it they'll find new digimon someone will all of a sudden be evil they will be some new super-duper evolution aand blah blah. 4th season was bad so IMO this is probably just a comeback season which is why they're just gonna recycle old ideas.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:

I think you're right but I doubt that they would re-hash old characters with new faces. They'll probably out some kind of spin on it so it doesn't have fan's goin "you did this last time; yawn". The kids will porbably fix it in such a way that its all evil and now they have to go back and fix it they'll find new digimon someone will all of a sudden be evil they will be some new super-duper evolution aand blah blah. 4th season was bad so IMO this is probably just a comeback season which is why they're just gonna recycle old ideas.

Er, that wasn't the actual premise of the fifth season, it was just Zeiram's own made up dream series. The story for season five is quite a bit different involving a small group of kids that are part of an agency that investigates Digimon happenings between the real world and the digital world.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1