• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How much do Manga Artists get paid per page ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kowai Ragudoro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:35 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know ?

Let's say a mangaka working for a weekly magazine produces 19 pages a week, how much would they earn ?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I too would LOVE to know the answer to this.

I'm not really sure how you even find out....aside from directly asking manga-ka on Twitter...and it's unlikely they will tell you. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
ShaquiUK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:07 am Reply with quote
I daresay it varies a great deal from genre to genre, and from the less experienced and detailed to higher up the scale. Also, 19 pages a week seems a great deal, especially for some of the more elaborate artwork. Do manga artists work on that schedule continually, or are there breaks between chapters/volumes, so the publisher only starts when, say, the artist is so many weeks ahead?

(With the manga that first got me into the genre, published in Bandai's Cyber Comix in the 1980s and 1990s, the instalments were often separated by an issue, and these were 18 page instalments in monthly issues.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1