• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Jack 21 anime in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Since the old urban legend, most commonly mentioned in regards to Magic Knights Rayearth, will invariably come up, I should point out that Japan's YTV has absolutely nothing to do with Canada's YTV. They aren't owned by the same people, they don't have the same logo, and one channel did not spawn the other.

It's just coincidental initials, for "Yomiuri Television" and "Youth Television" respectively.

It's the sort of thing that routinely happens when there are only 26 letters in the Roman alphabet and -TV is a popular suffix, like how Australia's ABC has nothing to do with America's ABC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Why did you have to drag Australia's obviously superior ABC to America's ABC?

But seriously, this is good news to people who watch Black Jack; I'm still waiting for the "New Vandread season" header.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Actually is this a another series to 'Tezuka's 'Black Jack' or a different title?

Never mind I found out it is. Gee how long do they want to go with this. The first series isn't even done yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1