• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noein (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Has anybody seen this show? When I started watching it, I thought wow this is cool. But then as I watched some more and I was able to see more and more of those mind twisters like when spoiler[phone calls from other dimensions started arriving on the great grand mother's disconnected phone in the basement and then you are able to see the real origins of those calls. ]. then it became pretty amazing.

The combat scenes are quite different from what is usually shown in other series but they are still pretty amazing.

I give 2 thumbs up to this series.

Luminal
Pleroma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Noein = most underhyped show of the season despite being far superior to anything else now airing.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
i agree, it's honestly the most underrated show to come out in the entire fall season. it's looks really simplistic from the outside, but there's a lot of deep elements about the concept of time and space... plus the action scenes are really well done.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why this series isn't more popular. It's got a great story, great animation and action, and a killer soundtrack(especially that song that always plays during the fights). Some people seemed to be turned off by the art style, but I love it. This is the best anime I am curently watching.
spoiler[And the phone was pretty cool Razz. ]
See kids, quantum physics can be fun!
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote
While I'm loving my Black Cat & Blood+ (a couple of the more popular/hyped series), I enjoy Noein just as much.

The style of drawing took me a while of getting used to, but the supernatural/futuristic feel to it hooked me in, hook, line & sinker. Definitely underrated, and it's Definitely at least worth taking a look at.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Despite the fact that it doesn't make a lick of sense, it rocks.

Especially since that one guy looks like Mosquiton.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:

Really? It actually makes perfect sense to me. I like that it's not like other shows that try to use a complex plot but go about it all artsy making the story incredibly unclear. This is complex while being straightforward.
I started loving it from the first episode when spoiler[When Yu asked Karasu who he was and he responded "I am you"]
That really got me for some reason. I was just like "OMG, this show rocks saying big things like that in the very first episode".
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:

Really? It actually makes perfect sense to me. I like that it's not like other shows that try to use a complex plot but go about it all artsy making the story incredibly unclear. This is complex while being straightforward.
I started loving it from the first episode when spoiler[When Yu asked Karasu who he was and he responded "I am you"]
That really got me for some reason. I was just like "OMG, this show rocks saying big things like that in the very first episode".

Actually, heh, I've only seen the first three episodes. I really like it though and--

WOAH!!

Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
just as Planetes was the sleeper hit a few years ago, noein is a definite sleeper hit now. The show is absolutely incredible.

I can't say it's superior to Eureka 7, but it's definitely not inferior by even the slightest degree. Both shows are top rate in my book (and mai otome is just below those two).
xCarnagex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Finally some others who appreciate this.. it has to be one of the best out there at this point. The animation is unique I thoroughly enjoy the teleporting system and fighting. The way they play with other dimensions/alternate realities makes this a good watch.. up there with Mushishi and Shakugan no Shana. Of course everyone has thier own anime pleasures..
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Saw a clip of it on "Track-shun". I hope someone licenses it real soon.
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
this anime is probably the best animated series I've ever seen in terms of camera angles.
The way that the angle changes of the scenery:e.g: the view of the house with the trees, the dog, the sky , etcetera .slowing becoming merged as the angle fluctuates: is unparalell to 99% of other anime animation.
This one is truly amazing.... Meaning complexx story and likable characters with a serene feeling.
I can recall ToAru Kagaku no Railgun having similar animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Although I am not sufficiently acquainted with Noein to comment on it most grand of contrivances, the seemingly magical happenings briefly showcased within the initial episodes certainly dissuaded me from continuing it. To be thrust into a world so very odd, without being given prior opportunity to engage with its characters within a setting less ostensibly dissimilar to one's own, does much to restrict any appreciation of it I may have otherwise nurtured.

Whilst I am not opposed to more fanciful scenarios and plot devices per se, I seldom approve of them should they be present within a story from its outset.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PBsallad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen the show in about 2 years, but I really liked it. Bought the DVDs for it and I should go back and re-watch. They were on sale for about 20 or so bucks about a year ago. Smile

(I've heard that Manga Entertainment has a history of making bad discs though...)

omnistry wrote:
Saw a clip of it on "Track-shun". I hope someone licenses it real soon.

If you mean for the US, then it's already licensed. In fact, it was on Sci-Fi's Animonday. That's where I first saw it.
poilk92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, this is scary. There must be something wrong with me because I thought Noein was cluttered with bad dialog muddy plot and twists you can see a mile away. It was decent, the fight scenes were done very well in particular. Liked the animation, it was probably the best part of the series but not enough to make the show stand out. Not the best but certainly not bad. But like any show that flies under the radar those who do enjoy it have to over-hype it as some sort of hidden jewel of the anime world
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3