• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Hatsune Miku Absolute HMO Edition Nendoroid

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
....the cutest thing on the planet. Puppies and infants want to be like this figurine.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 am Reply with quote
I am now addicted to that youtube promo video you linked. I can't get it out of my head. I am doomed, so I blame you. Evil or Very Mad
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote
I've got a ton of figma and various Revoltechs, but no Nendoroids to speak of. I spend so much that I really can't see myself diving into another entire line. It really took me years to even warm up to the concept to begin with, they seemed to be over priced for what you got and I'd rather have articulated joints (a fairly new concept in Nendos) over parts swapping.

Well, next weekend I'll finally be breaking the cycle when the Nendoroid Miku Hatsune: Support ver. goes up for sale for international buyers on the GSC store. 1000JPY from the sales of each figure is being donated to the Japanese Red Cross to benefit the quake and tsunami victims. Price of the figure is only 3000JPY, though it's unknown if they'll use a different price/denomination for international sales or the shipping rate(s). Still, it's a great never-before-released figure for a great cause.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Truered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
I got my one of these through the mail a few weeks ago- was so cute I had to preorder it. Haven't actually got around to taking it out of the box yet as for the next few weeks I don't have anywhere to display it Laughing
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Here's my band session. Overall, I do agree with the review. A good figure but the stand and pegs are bad. BUT she can stand on her own with those big ponytails.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
@Emerje: That's an awesome link, thank you for posting it, I probably would never have heard about those Miku Support Nendoroids otherwise. It's a cool way to support the Japan relief effort and the industry simultaneously during these tough times. Looks like Good Smile Company is allowing for overseas sales from April 8, so I just might pick one up. Cool Ganbare Japan!
MaxSterling

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I just had a day off so I finally opened my first Nenderoid because of this article. It's true about the stand but if balanced will stand on its own. I still can't figure how to hold the flute since a couple of the hands aren't cooperating. Alot of options and worth the cost I'm surprised. Had some extra cash that day and the shop was not going to be able to order more. It'll clash with all my Macross/Macross Frontier/Robotech stuff but I still like it. Also wish I understood Japanese since it looks like I need access for NicoNico for this ticket and videos but I think it's expired anyways. oops just saw the back o the box, the flute is for Len.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
MaxSterling wrote:
I still can't figure how to hold the flute since a couple of the hands aren't cooperating.
oops just saw the back o the box, the flute is for Len.

The original article didn't mention or show a flute. Could you post a picture? Did this come with Miku or with Len?
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the little recorder was one of the accessories I didn't mention (as this package is quite loaded). I would post a picture myself, but, well... and I love to say this, actually... my dog ate it.

I'm not sure how it made it over to him, but my beloved pit bull Mud left it on the floor for me one day, all chomped up. It took him a minute after I showed him to realize that he did something bad. Must have thought it was a chew toy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1