• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime has your favourite music and why?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
quite simple what anime do you personally believe has the best music above all. including of course intro and ending songs.

you are allowed to put down more than one but 3 animes is pushing it a bit lol Very Happy

think about anime that has a soundtrack good enough to buy, anime that when u hear the music it reminds you of a specific scene that you thought u had forgotten. Anime with music people what Laughing what is you fav?

mine to get this thing started would be Eva. it music is sometimes so symbolic of the anime, and can be so meaningful. i love the orcastral music especial Shinji on cello, i think its got to be one of the best anime pieces of music ever. the intro song sounds alright if you listen to it without seeing what’s on the screen, but added with the anime intro it becomes a quite powerful piece. i love the way this anime uses music in such an operatic and epic way while still trying to be modern and conventional. that’s why neon genesis is my fav

whats yours?

reminder: it doesn’t have to be your favourite anime Smile

thank you
space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Mine would have to be the op and end of InuYasha... all of em! except for maybe 2 end songs... Shinjitsu no Uta (Song of Truth) and well actually I kinda like the second one Dearest. That's a sad song. It makes me almost cry whenever I hear it Crying or Very sad . Also the English versions of Change the World and Every Heart. I also like the Dragonball Z opening songs.... I'm jealous of the Japanese because they get 2 openings for DBZ an' we only get 1. Plus their second one, We Gotta Power, shows Goten and Trunks and Videl and all 'f'em while ours doesn't. Mad hmpf.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Well for me I'll have to go with these 3 because I can't choose one over the other:

BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - As most people know this anime is about music and the music presented in this anime are some of the most enjoyable songs that i've heard. The opening song "Hit In The USA" by the Beat Crusaders is one of my all time favourite songs because well its a fun song to listen to and pretty fun to sing along to. Other songs brought about in this series such as the ones with Chiba (visually) doing the vocals (those songs being: Brainstorm, Like A Foojin, Reloaded, and Spice Of Life) in the anime were quite enjoyable as I prefer that style of music.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Destiny - What can I say these two anime present some of the most catchy J-pop tunes that i've heard. With upbeat songs by T.M Revolution and songs with great vocals by Nami Tamaki I just couldn't resist listening to almost any of the songs in both anime. Probably the only song I didn't like was "Wings Of Words". Just really didn't like that song but other than that the upbeat music as well as the good vocals in a lot of the songs provided me with a balanced serving of J-pop.

InuYasha - I'm also gonna have to say InuYasha. Every song that I've heard from this anime has gotten me singing along. From the first opening "Change The World" by V6 to the last ending song which I can't remember at this time nothing was unenjoyable. My favourites from that series include "Fukai Mori" by Do As Infinity, "Every Heart" by BoA and "Grip!" by Every Little Thing. This anime just had a lot of quality music.

Notables are:

Naruto - J-Rock goodness at it's best, still it does have some songs that I do not like or thought that they didn't fit in. Those songs would be Harumonia/Harmonia, Ryuusei and Soba Ni Iruka?? However it does have a lot of my favourite songs including Haruka Kanata, Viva Rock, the 5th opening which I can't remember, and so on.

Fullmetal Alchemist - So far I haven't been able to hear most of the music but from the 3 songs that I have heard I've really enjoyed those songs. Those songs would be "Kesenai Tsumi", "Rewrite" and "Ready Steady Go".

.hack//SIGN - The music in this anime is some of the best but I just prefered other music in other anime than the music in .hack//SIGN. Yuki Kajiura does a good job and See-Saw does an amazing job with the opening and ending songs but it just couldn't beat out the SEEDS, InuYasha and BECK for me.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
One anime that has a genre of music that I like would be Lupin on account of having some good ol' jazz from the 70's-80's era. Other than that would stuff that has J-pop or J-rock, like Case Closed or Inuyasha.
adonais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop....and do I really have to explain why? Wink

It's such a rich fusion of impulses, opening in upbeat jazz and closing in blues rock, with everyting from heavy metal (queen), (mushroom) samba, (venus) waltz, more folk blues, lounge, choral and piano ballads and whatnot in between. Has to be said, none of it (except for some of the jazzy stuff) would be in my "favorite music" category -- but in Bebop, it is just right.

See you, space cowboy..
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
Last EXILE.

Why? Two words: Dolce Triade.

They are seriously amazing. Their soundtrack really brought Last Exile to life (although it couldn't save the anime when it went downhill midway). The fanfare/overturish songs are really energetic, with a good use and wide range of brass instruments (I hear tuba, trombone, bass trombone, french horn, and of course, Eric Miyashiro playing a mean trumpet). Many of the songs have a kind of "Irish" feel to it, with all the fiddling and stuff. Those serve as a blatant contrast to the fanfare, and are also energetic in their own way. And my favorite track would be Cermonius Play, which fits into neither category but is eerie and brilliant at the same time.
dylan2d

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Well my three Favourite have to be Cowboy Bebop, Beck, and Samurai Champloo. Although there are a lot more the I really enjoy listening to.

Cowboy Bebop
Why is Cowboy Bebop so good. Let me count the ways. First of all there is such a wide variety of music on the OST that you can just plug them into a playlist and you get a really good mix. For example you'll have a jazz instrumental, followed by a more melodic melody and then something like Pushing the Sky, which has a good rock feel to it. All in all it has to be one of the best OST out there.

Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad
I really like the Beck and Keith albums because, they have really good music on them. Mostly rock, with a few softer and some rap, I guess, which I found to be really interesting considering most OST have a lot of background or chillout music in them. The two OSTs play like an actually mainstream album and I though that was pretty cool.

Samurai Champloo
The four Samurai Champloo albums are my favourite for just hanging out and chilling. You know when you can just phaze the whole world out and just relax. Also I find they are great in the background for doing homework. Most of the music is pretty ambiant and well just relaxing.
adonais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Last EXILE.

Why? Two words: Dolce Triade.
Many of the songs have a kind of "Irish" feel to it, with all the fiddling and stuff.

Yeah, totally agree -- I particularly loved this part of the score, with the medieval feel to it. It really makes Last Exile stand out even more as a brilliant anime!
sweet gimmick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I hate to say it but Naruto probably has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while ( from a J-rock perspective). Even if the anime is mostly made up of filler episodes. I guess a killer soundtrack can make up for a overrate anime like Naruto. While thats my opinion anyway....No offense to any Naruto otaku's. Thanks and Laters. Very Happy
Kagome_tr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
I burnt my lunch 'cause i was listening to the song "every heart" while cooking, and that day i had my lunch at 5.30pm Laughing Laughing
I love The song "change the world". Wow, thats my spirit! Do u want to change the world??? I do.
By the way, InuYasha is my favorite one. How about u?
anime_hazel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
I've only heard about a dozen soundtracks in their entirety, and the one that gets played on repeat is the Mushishi Soundtrack mostly by Masuda Toshio, with intro music by Ally Kerr.

I love this the most because the music reminds me of the spellbinding moments in the anime, the moments that gave me goosebumps all over. Listening to the soundtrack helps me to feel as relaxed as when I watched the anime, and it just seems to rhymically fit the natural theme of the anime. The tracks which focus on percussion are my favourites, perhaps because they seem the most unfamiliar and magical.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
b214

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I really can't get enough of the neon genesis soundtracks. The music in nge really expresses the mood behind the anime and is really memorable. Asuka strike is one of my favorites because it shows how upbeat asuka and te other kids were in the beginning. In the end of evangelion; songs like Come Sweet Death showed how they were depressed and in despair. All the music inbetween helped link the moods and express their feelings as their lives went on.

Last edited by b214 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
d.yaro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
Interesting question. The soundtracks I'm mentioning are listed here because of one or all of the following reasons: 1) I find the music to be well written as far as quality goes because they're not of "The 'Lawrence of Arabia' repeat the melody or theme endlessly" variety, 2) I enjoyed the music because it worked well in accompanying or emphasizing the mood and action depicted on the screen, and 3) I've found the soundtrack provided pieces that have been "muses" for various mad scribblings resembling parts of short stories and novellas I've jotted down over the years. So here goes:

1) Kawai - "Patlabor 2 - The Movie": It's dark, it's moody and it's tense. Not all the time but it does for the parts I still remember. The ten minute long dirgy to soaring and back "Outbreak" is a personal favourite with its pulsing bass line hinting at a mood of desperation.

2) Hisaishi - "Porco Rosso" and to a lesser degree "Nausicaa": I'm cheating here. Two soundtracks from one composer. But they're both Miyazaki films. I'm including them here for the wonderful compositions that go along with the flight scenes in those films. But "Porco Rosso" gets the nod for its romantic pieces such as "Kaera-zaru Hibi" or it's nostalgic end credits song (which I don't remember who wrote). I think it's the perfect soundtrack for the dreamworld depicted in the film and a significant part of the reason for it being one of only two anime I've rated as "Masterpieces" amongst the hundred or so I've watched in full.

Honourable mention: Kanno - "Macross Plus".
illegal_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
Jyu Oh Sei - The opening, "Deep in your heart" by Koichi Domoto, is just awesome. I like weird songs, and well, this is pretty weird, but also has this certain sound to it. Its not something I can dance to (a tad disappointing), but something I can still listen to while I'm doing things on my computer.

Ouran High School Host Club - The opening theme is great. "Sakura Kiss," the opening, is a happy, hyper song which I can not only sing along to, but dance away as well!

Gravitation - Basically every single song ever in this anime is perfect for me. I can sing a long, I can dance wildly to, and they all have great happy, hyper, techno beats that I just adore! My favorites are: "Shining Collection," "The Rage Beat," "Smashing Blue," "Break Through," and "Easy Action." All great songs.

Saiyuki - The first OST, "FOR REAL," has a unique, awesome rock beat. I can sing and dance to this, and its a fun song with interesting lyrics. The first ending, "Tightrope," is an interesting song with a rock feel, that I can dance and sing to!

I think that's about it. More like all I can think of at the moment. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kurosaki_Ichigo_1000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
Well, it's hard for just one anime to have my favorite music...I'll list 3 Smile

Samurai Champloo. Like a previous user said, the songs are great to relax to, and most of the songs in Samurai Champloo are actually pretty cool, I always loved the soundtrack

Cowboy Bebop-I love this soundtrack as well Smile Being a fan of jazz, I pretty much loved all of the Jazz themed music, and I love the "old" feel to it. All of the vocal songs are awesome as well

Neon Genesis Evangelion-I want all three soundtracks so badly! From the first episode I have always loved the music, especially the music usually played in the mental breakdowns of characters, and most of the music played in End of Evangelion is beautiful
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 15