• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime has your favourite music and why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters, probably. It has some of the most beautiful and varied music I've heard in an anime. Not to mention it has quite a lot of music. Over 200 tracks over 6 CDs, not counting the ending or opening themes. It averages out to like 1 new track an episode. Quality and quantity.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
menelvagor wrote:
Welcome to the NHK because the music is so atmospheric, and is perfectly suited to the mood of the show. I enjoy the OST a whole bunch.

Yes, this. The guitar strums that leads up to Satou meeting Misaki in the manga cafe in Episode One is one of my favourite scenes in visual media (film, tv, and animated works).

I think as far as individual music goes, I really like Evangelion. It's a bit cliche I guess, but I like loud, epic, Hollywood-esque style music. As for music that goes with the shows, I don't think it's possible to imagine FLCL without its soundtrack from The Pillows, even if I'm not a fan of The Pillows per se.

And I'm a total sucker for Galaxy Angel music material, even if it's just the Angel-tai singing cutesy songs.
Amita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
-Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
-Naruto and Naruto Shippuden
-Eureka 7
-Bleach

In all honesty, these are the only anime I've eve watched Wink. But nonetheless, each of them have fantastic soundtracks. Great music that fits the mood proves to be a highly important factor as to the overall quality of the anime. My favorite of these is probably FMA: Brotherhood.
Jaydens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put a reason. -TK]
takanome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
high school of the dead because the singer that made the songs during the whole series is amazing in her own unique way. every single one of them is breathtaking and puts me in an awe with it. i would listen to it a thousand times if i had the album itself in my possession. (yes, it's that good to me.)

Last edited by takanome on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Kimagure Orange Road has some pretty awesome music even for an anime that came out in the 80's, but then again this is coming from a girl who loves 80's music so that might be why.

Sailor Moon I haven't found a song I haven't liked from Sailor Moon
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not even going to bother with OPs and EDs, so I'll just stick with BGMs:

Fate Zero: Some epic pieces, especially Let the Stars Fall Down.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit:To me, it does a great job of matching the show's atmosphere.

Paprika: As soon as the movie was over, I thought, "I need this on my iPod NOW".

Samurai Champloo: There's really nothing I can say about it that hasn't already been said. Although I will say that it makes the series highly rewatchable.

Cowboy Bebop: Just WOW.

Paradise Kiss: I was really surprised that I enjoyed the music, let alone the series itself. My favorite track though is Antrieb.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Arjuna. I actually don't care for the show that much, but I LOVE the music. It is very different than my normal music taste, as it is very new age-ish. I love the use of drums to give it a tribal feel, and the way they give a foreboding sense of urgency in some of the songs (like in Time to Die).

Paprika also deserves a mention for its soundtrack. I love all the crazy sounds it has. It really mirrors the chaos and confusion in much of the movie.
Binbogami

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
D.N.Angel

Because of this masterpiece:

Sunichi Miyamoto - Byakuya True Light
iamalive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched a lot of anime series (as you can see on my list), but so far my favorite is the Bleach OST music. With a majority of the scenes in there, the music they add in makes the scene better.

Oh, and this is my favorite out of the soundtrack.
Kamaduck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
My favorite opening is the first Soul Eater opening. The second was good, too, but it didn't beat the first. Actually, Soul Eater had some cool background music, too. The fourth Fullmetal Alchemist opening and the Planetes opening are also awesome.

For total, overall use of music within a series, though, I have to say Princess Tutu. The classical music was very well-integrated into the story and was used to great effect. It made the story more complete.

(Haven't seen Cowboy Bebop... I heard that one uses music to great effect, too.)
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
Hisaishi all the way, since orchestral music rules. Specially the scores of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wiizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
As far as OST goes, most Ghibli movies, even the bad ones, have AMAZING soundtracks. Hisaishi specially is very tasteful in his music, and Hayao himself helps in the composition process for his movies, like Mononoke Hime or Spirited Away.
Anime series... well, Nodame Cantabile deals with classical music, which quite literally is my life now. But OST wise, One Piece does it for me everytime. I specially like how they kept the music from the first half onto the second, unlike Naruto. That made watching Shippuuden even less fun Sad
By_the_Jelly_Beans?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 am Reply with quote
Ghost in the Shell - I love the opening and ending themes. Enough to make me watch the entire series. (Don't get me wrong I think the music throughout is great.)

K-On - once again mostly the beginning and ending themes...which I think they did on purpose.

Black Lagoon - Great music throughout. Specially the song at the end of the twins (Hanzel & Gretal) arc.....of course I also like rock & roll so might be a little biased on this one.

Honorable mentions:

Shakugan no Shana - my favorite is the first ending theme. That is one that I'll watch on youtube just to hear it.

Angel Beats - the opening is great..love the piano

I'll also say this. From the anime I have watched the quality of music far surpasses most American shows.
MrDandi97

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Death Note
All tracks personify their respective characters perfectly and the opening is one of the best anime openings.
Angel Beats
A lot of variety between the tracks and the track itself.
Clannad:After Story
The main composer Jun Maeda is also the series creator so he can adapt all tracks to the characters and story he created.
Needless
All tracks are from GranRodeo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 15