• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked Game Screens

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
joel_s95387 wrote:
For some reason when I saw the screens, I felt like playing Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven... with that said, the graphics look pretty dated, but that is true that the graphics don't make the game, just like the anime with dated animation that have great stories. I just hope it doesn't suck. It looks clunky, but I won't judge it until I get a chance to play it. Is the Cowboy Bebop game cancelled?

No, the Cowboy Bebop is still set for....sometime-ish. Gamstats.com says September 30th, but everyone else has only said "Q3 2006". The game is already out in Japan so there is no reason to think it won't make its way over here. Here is the Japanese trailer if you're interested. Anime smile

(And I've never played it before, but that Tenchu game looks sweet. And I can get it for 6 bucks on ebay!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Finally, there some hope for anime based games.

Nah, there's been hope for anime based games for a while now; the two recent DBZ games, Budokai 3 and Budokai:Tenkaichi, both got some good reviews from various magazines and websties.

I'm really hoping that the screenshots on the website are just poor quality ones, because those graphics suck. But yes, graphics don't make the game, it's gameplay that's most important.

wolfcry wrote:
(And I've never played it before, but that Tenchu game looks sweet. And I can get it for 6 bucks on ebay!!)

Yes, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven was awesome. Get it.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
Ghost Recon has insane graphic and level of detail. Oh yeah the game isn't bad either.
The graphic do look very good, but I haven't had a chance to play the game, lots of game look pretty but they end up being chunky and hard to play. But I don't think that will be the case, for GRAW and I am looking forward to it.
darkhunter wrote:
I've played the GANTZ game and the graphic looks better than this.

I didn't know Gantz had a game, is it PAL only? What system? Xbox, PS2? How was the gameplay? Samurai Champloo needs to have a strong showing there.
BTW another anime game that pop into my mind is Berserk for Dreamcast, which at least gave the anime folks a chance to play the series after the anime ends. Straight hack and Slash but that what you kinda expected when ya bought it.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

I'm not much of a gamer now a days, but Ghost Recon AW is pretty awesome and one of the few games that I do play. Me, my brother and a couple of friends like to play 4 player splitscreen over the internet with another crew, something that wasn't possible before.

And gantz is a ps2 import game. The chance of it releaseing in the state is pretty slim. It's really basic, you fight the same nameless henchmen in a limited area (parking lot) before facing the boss. The game is fairly generic and I hope Samurai Champloo isn't the same.

One series I would like to see turn into a game is Samurai 7.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
One series I would like to see turn into a game is Samurai 7.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562264.asp
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
We can forget about that crappy game. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2