• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Picks up Bleach

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
With [AS]'s expanded time slots, I guess it makes more sense. Now I get to watch Bleach with almost no edits at all, if any. They're going to get a lot of viewers from this one...
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
No big Surprise.

Now the question is when will YTV get it?Better yet when will they annocue they have GSD...
InsaneOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
My [AS] exploded with joy the moment I read the news. I'm happy as long as they don't get any whiny voices for the dub i.e. Naruto, and Luffy. Oh, and they better not change the names i.e. all the weird renames in One Piece. Well, we shouldn't have to worry about since the swim seems to know what we want.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
CannibalTree wrote:
There's no doubt that dubbing is the format of choice of many because they've never experianced a show with the real voice actors, which preservers the nuances and quality of the original audio. Their stuck listening to horrible dubs simply because they don't know any better.

I watch a lot of fansubs and still prefer dubs. You preserve the audio at the expense of the video which is the entire point of watching animation. Audio should always come second IMO.

But really, this is another discussion for another topic that's been done to death.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ThirdWizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:33 am Reply with quote
This just came to me, but Yuri Lowenthal should totally do Ishida's voice. That would just be too cool. Wink

Not sure if that is possible, because I'm not up on my who can work with who, but it would still be cool!
vickeyv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:39 am Reply with quote
It recenlty became common news that Samurai Champloon is making $0 profit off its stint on CN, after it was disclosed on Ansmwer manz cloumn. It got me sorta confused, and i got more confused when i saw people writing that Bleach airing on CN will eat into DVD profits. Correct me if i am wrong that unlike Samurai Champloon Bleach is way more popular and alot of Channels (not neccesrily US) out there will pay at least some thing to Viz get it aired on there networks.

CN airs commercials on Samurai Champloon right, so it sorta makes bully money off it. Since its got so much range it gets a show off with peanuts and makes cash off it. This isn't the case with Naruto and Bleach right. Viz didn't give CN rights to it just like that did they?...........
Since airing the show for advertising for the DVd sales seems a bit odd to me. For not so popluar shows like Samurai Champloon i can accept that CN is givien rights to it for increased sales in DVDs, but this is too risky a move since it eats into DVD profits. Then again you can take such risks with stuff like Champloon but i personaly think its an inslut to Naruto and Bleach if they are used like this. Millions of people follow it and are going to follow it, so Viz deserves a lot of profit out of giving rights to these two shows to CN.
Can some one shed more factual light on this since i am not really that familiar with the status of advertising on CN and the money it generates. But i do know this CN sells advertising and broadcasts it channel in multiple other countires expanding its scope of making money off anime.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote
What the hell is Samurai Champloon? Wink

spoiler[Dude, it's Champloo. Spell it right.]

CannibalTree wrote:
Their stuck listening to horrible dubs simply because they don't know any better.

You keep thinking that, Junior. Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

InsaneOtaku wrote:
My [AS] exploded with joy the moment I read the news.

You have your own AS? I want one!

InsaneOtaku wrote:
I'm happy as long as they don't get any whiny voices for the dub i.e. Naruto, and Luffy.

There's no doubt that Luffy's (as well as pretty much the rest of the OP characters) voice is horrid, but the Naruto dub is terrific, even if Maile Flanagan sounds a bit "whiny," as you so put it.

InsaneOtaku wrote:
Oh, and they better not change the names i.e. all the weird renames in One Piece. Well, we shouldn't have to worry about since the swim seems to know what we want.

Too bad Adult Swim doesn't produce anime (aside from Big O II). They just broadcast it. You're talking about Viz.

Last edited by Alex K. on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
TranquilSlogan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
wow you are a total jerk! Since you have such extensive knowledge please tell me the exact date and time that bleach will be airing, or are you up on a pedestal?
Alex K.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
TranquilSlogan wrote:
wow you are a total jerk! Since you have such extensive knowledge please tell me the exact date and time that bleach will be airing, or are you up on a pedestal?

What's your problem? How am I being a jerk? And how should I know when Bleach is airing? I know as much as you do. And why are you accusing me of thinking of myself as high and mighty (being up on a pedestal)? If you ask me, you're the one being a jerk.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't live in U.S. so I'm not sure but doesn't IGPX air on toonami. (good old nintendo power ads, lol)
Alex K.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
I don't live in U.S. so I'm not sure but doesn't IGPX air on toonami. (good old nintendo power ads, lol)

Yes, although it is currently on hiatus until Season 2 premieres.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Alex K. wrote:
Someone_II wrote:

Yes, although it is currently on hiatus until Season 2 premieres.

He's commenting on you saying it was produced by Adult Swim. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Happy to hear both Eureka 7 and Bleach are going to Adult Swim. That means virtually no edits or cuts to Bleach!

Now AS needs to pick up GunXSword!
sionEmber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
I have never read the manga, but I want to see Bleach. I can't help but be intrigued with all the hub-bub over this show.
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Cleanup in Aisle 5. We just had a massive fangasm for [as] picking up Bleach.

I would have never have guessed what the fans wanted would actually happen. That's really strange.

Yeah, I was really hoping that Adult Swim would get Bleach; but somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that editting would be too heavy (Orhime's "bazoonkas" in particular) to even bother with. I think the sexual themes kind of made Toonami flinch a bit. I can't wait until it premieres!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7