• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 1st - April 7th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
....but the reason Cowboy Bebop....is because those shows had dubs that were produced for home video FIRST; their TV airings came much later....

Just is noticed LordByronius is the author of the article? If so how do you explain the exclusion of Samurai Champloo since you can't use the same excuse you used to not have Cowboy Bebop mentioned?
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never really had a much of a problem with dubs actually. I do not know how a dub like Naruto's makes the list though, out of few anime T.V. shows that I've Naruto is easily the worst. I just can't stand Naruto's voice! GAH! I actually completely agree with FMA's placing though. And while Inuyasha's dub usually gets a lot of flack, I think it actually comes close to being as good as FMA!

I know this might sound a little off topic, but I'll sort of tie it in with TV in the end. Just today, I went into Wal-Mart to pick up the Counter Strike Anthology (I've gotten an addiction to online gaming recently and this game is sopposed to be "the one"), but while I was looking around the rest of the electronics, I saw it, the 1st Inuyasha Movie. I saw the 2nd one on YTV and it stands as one of my favorite movies ever. However, I could only one of the items. Even though I was likely to put 100 hours into CS, I bought the movie. This not only stands as the first movie I've bought in almost 2 years, but the first anime I've ever payed money for! I probably could have waited until it was on TV again, but there a pretty good feeling you get when you actually contribute money to something you really love for the first time. It's just sad that there are still a lot of anime fans that still try to get all their stuff for free via the internet.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Brian, there are a couple of glaring errors on your column this week. Next week's episode of Naruto on YTV will be episode 30 not 31. Also, Case Closed will be debuting on April 7th at 10:30pm. YTV's website has been revamped and now has this updated information.

You'd better fix it, buster!

Last edited by Pepperidge on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Either someone was joking or you have lost all of your credability AFAIK. Not even considering the fact you excluded one of the only anime english dubs where many agree is better overall than the japanese dub, Cowboy Bebop, but also not give to another series that you proudly use as your banner, Samurai Champloo?

lame Rolling Eyes

Did you even read his post about what qualified for the list?

Also, I made that banner, and it has nothing to do with Brian's opinion on Samurai Champloo. I chose it because the show was on TV and recognizable.

Man, some of you people are really going over-the-top. It's just his 10 favorite TV dubs, IE shows that were dubbed for television before being released on DVD. That's it.
uberfrosch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I want to thank Brian for all the work of putting this column together. I would have missed Samurai Seven on IFC without it. So thanks Very Happy .
bluepita

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I've really enjoyed this column and love the fact it saves me so much time searching for anime. Thanks. As to the top ten, regardless of whether I agree or not, it was nice to have the well thought-out reasons.
Danno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
I've never really had a much of a problem with dubs actually. I do not know how a dub like Naruto's makes the list though, out of few anime T.V. shows that I've Naruto is easily the worst. I just can't stand Naruto's voice! GAH!

The irony, it burns! I'm having flashbacks to when people were saying stuff like this about Excel's dub voice.

Come to think of it, why is it that the NA dubs always seem to do spot-on imitations of the Japanese voices that are the most annoying?
Puppy Puncher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
Are you referring to the Robotech Macross dub? The one where they pronounce it "muh-cross?"
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:38 am Reply with quote
Heh, think he'll be sure to clarify the next time around. Makes sense though since it's a TV related article.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
i know it's april fools and all(not any more) but what Adult Swim is doing tonight is really stupid and immature.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i know it's april fools and all(not any more) but what Adult Swim is doing tonight is really stupid and immature.

Some bad manners and all, yeah.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:23 am Reply with quote
Right. How dare they mess with our untouchable sacred anime?! Blasphemy! Rolling Eyes

One night of gags and everybody gets all weird about it. In case you haven’t noticed before tonight, [as] is always stupid and immature; that's their style.

Life is so serious already, and it really needs to be a bit less so, so what’s the harm in something like what [as] did? Sure it's juvenile and silly, but so what? It doesn't hurt to lighten up a little one day a year.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote
malikchan17 wrote:
Um, Yu-Gi-Oh on KidsWB is actually new, not a rerun.

D'oh! Zap2it had it listed as a rerun, as did tv.com now that I think about it.

Should be fixed for next week. Promise.

And anybody who didn't enjoy Fart in the Shell: Stand Alone Gaseous 2nd GIG or Fullmetal Flatulence on Adult Swim tonight is just sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote
patch wrote:
LordByronius wrote:
....but the reason Cowboy Bebop....is because those shows had dubs that were produced for home video FIRST; their TV airings came much later....

Just is noticed LordByronius is the author of the article? If so how do you explain the exclusion of Samurai Champloo since you can't use the same excuse you used to not have Cowboy Bebop mentioned?

Because the Samurai Champloo dub isn't very good?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
malikchan17 wrote:
Um, Yu-Gi-Oh on KidsWB is actually new, not a rerun.

D'oh! Zap2it had it listed as a rerun, as did tv.com now that I think about it.

Should be fixed for next week. Promise.

And anybody who didn't enjoy Fart in the Shell: Stand Alone Gaseous 2nd GIG or Fullmetal Flatulence on Adult Swim tonight is just sad.

So the Case Closed debut gets no acknowledgement? Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3