• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses (Adult)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
All done (for posts since September).

doc-watson42 wrote:
Also, I'm still wondering about the "licensed by" and "distributor" split for adult anime (and presumably manga) labels, e.g. here, when the two are (essentially) the same company.

So am I. Anime smile + sweatdrop It seems that no written standard is present, and being unable to acquire legal domesticated adult anime titles I'll leave the decision to North American Encyclopedists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote
Tsuukin Kairaku Chikan de GO! (#8066) and Kaihouku (#8053) have been licensed by Media Blasters/Kitty Media under the omnibus title Pervs on a Train. Proof: Anime on DVD's review of Pervs on a Train and Xonair's Pervs on a Train listing (log in and compare the screenshots against the Tsuukin Kairaku and Kaihouku official sites). (Tsuukin Kairaku Chikan de GO! lists "Pervs on a Train" as an alternate title, for which I have already submitted an error report.)

I believe "Study+A+Broad" is also an omnibus of two standalone MS Pictures shows, but I need to check on that to confirm.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:39 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
I believe "Study+A+Broad" is also an omnibus of two standalone MS Pictures shows, but I need to check on that to confirm.

I can't confirm it yet (specifics have yet to be released), but here is the speculation. At the very least, MB/Kitty has licensed Eisai Kyoiku, and possibly Seisen Gakuin, so "Study-A-Broad"/"Study+A+Broad" should be treated as an omnibus.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
Another omnibus title: Media Blasters/Kitty Media has released Inbo and Inko under the title The Sleazy Family (which is already entered as "Sleazy Family" in Inbo). Proof: see the official pages linked from the Encyclopedia pages, and Anime on DVD's review.

I recommend that omnibuses be created for these series, using the American titles. (Yes, this is a bassackward error report, but the error report form is not designed for cases such as these.)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

I can't confirm it yet (specifics have yet to be released), but here is the speculation. At the very least, MB/Kitty has licensed Eisai Kyoiku, and possibly Seisen Gakuin, so "Study-A-Broad"/"Study+A+Broad" should be treated as an omnibus.

I can now confirm it—compare the screenshots at MS Pictures' site for Eisai Kyoiku and Seisen Gakuin with the ones for Study-A-Broad here and here. The latter site, AnimeDepot.biz, even gives the titles in kanji.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
Done by adding more titles into respective releases. Pervs on a Train has two "episodes" (in fact two separated titles when released in Japan) with their respective English titles as main titles, while The Sleazy Family and Study-A-Broad have original Japanese titles as main titles for I haven't been able to find out respective English "episode" titles (should they exist).

doc-watson42 wrote:
I recommend that omnibuses be created for these series, using the American titles. (Yes, this is a bassackward error report, but the error report form is not designed for cases such as these.)

I'm not sure if omnibuses should be created just because US distributors merge similar titles into one, and each new omnibus would contain just 2-3 titles. Right now I'd say listing more than one titles in a release (same goes with Genshiken and Kujibiki Unbalance) should be enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Done by adding more titles into respective releases. Pervs on a Train has two "episodes" (in fact two separated titles when released in Japan) with their respective English titles as main titles, while The Sleazy Family and Study-A-Broad have original Japanese titles as main titles for I haven't been able to find out respective English "episode" titles (should they exist).

In The Sleazy Family Inbō is listed as The Sleazy Family episodes 1–3, while Inkō is listed as episodes 4–6. Study-A-Broad's component series are titled Crazy Gate and Holy Sleazy School.

dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

I'm not sure if omnibuses should be created just because US distributors merge similar titles into one, and each new omnibus would contain just 2-3 titles. Right now I'd say listing more than one titles in a release (same goes with Genshiken and Kujibiki Unbalance) should be enough.

But then the "second" series contained in the omnibus release is not easily found—certainly not by the Encyclopedia's search engine—unlike with my proposal. As it is now, on the entries' main pages the relationship is only implied, rather than explicitly stated. How many users actually click on the releases?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Anime Nanase Ren (OAV) (#8185) has been licensed by Media Blasters/Kitty Media; proof.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 am Reply with quote
Additionally, Ningyou no Yakata has been licensed as Dollhouse; proof: the Getchu.com series link.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Media Blasters/Kitty Media has licensed:

Anime Yagami Yu (OAV) (#7793); proof
Discode (OAV) (#8654); proof

Adult Source Media has licensed:

Kowaremono II (OAV) (#8004); proof 1, 2, 3, and 4
Pure Mail (OAV) (#4467); proof (note that NuTech Digital should be credited as the previous licensee)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Aurora Publishing, Inc. has licensed Peach!; proof.

(An U-jin manga in English—banzai! Banzai! Banzai! Anime hyper Mr. Green)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
All done.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Homeroom Affairs (OAV) was licensed by the defunct Star Anime Enterprises; proof 1, proof 2, proof 3.

Edit: If you need me to, I take pictures of my copies and post them. (BTW, SAE only licensed HA and Dragon League.)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5