• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Haruka Tomatsu, Sword Art Online's Asuna

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I really liked her as shizuku in my little monster that show was a blast, I am now reading the manga of it since they will probably never make a season 2.
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I really like Tomatsu's work, and I'm especially fond of her performances as Shizuku and Morgiana. I don't know much about her singing career, but I loved the song she did in Star Driver and thought her voice was beautiful. Very Happy The interview makes her seem like a really nice person, too.
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of hers since I always randomly find out that she voices characters who I really like. Aoba, Morgiana, Shizuku and Anaru are my favorites of hers.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Was this during a SAO event or something? Otherwise, why not ask her about her many other roles -most of which are more interesting than Asuna- like Morgiana or Shizuku? Although I did like her answer to the first question about wanting to customize a strong and buff character rather than a cute one

YamadaKun wrote:
EnigmaticSky wrote:
"This person sucks. Everything sucks. My favorites are better." Troll harder.

Not trolling. I think Tomatsu sucks. Got a problem with that?

I'll add to what walw6pK4Alo said: You're like a boring and annoying broken record, and you seem to love to pop up at any discussion about anything you don't like because "it sucks, everything sucks, the old stuff was better". Seriously, sometimes I wonder where is Zac and his forum cleaning campaign when you need them.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Putting aside my disdain towards the show and series, I think she's a pretty good seiyuu, also I didn't realize she also played Shizuku in "my little monster" as well!
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Never liked Tomatsu. Never. If you compare her to let's say Megumi Hayashibara or Michiko Neya or even Yumi Touma, she just doesn't cut it. Those VAs are awesome, Neya is strong and tough. Megumi is like the female Mel Blanc of Japan and is impressive as Lucy from Macross Plus, Faye from Cowboy Bebop, Chris from Gundam 0080, her Rei, though I hate Rei, is still awesome and the only VA of the children to do a good job. Touma is the mature, sweet VA. Her Chun Li is pretty tough, girlish, strong, mature, just awesome. She's also great at doing Pokemon noise. She's great as Cecily from Gundam F91, as well as in Gundam Wing. Man, what happened to Touma? Awesome VA, but nobody cares about her anymore. Sad One of the best VAs I've ever heard. Hell, even Hoko Kuwashima from Gundam SEED is better. Back in the days of the 80-90s, people like Tomatsu would have been in 2 bit roles. It was the people who were GOOD like Touma and Hayashibara, who were mains or major supporting. I miss those
days. Even my Japanese friends from Japan agree with me.

Quote:
Fine. 1. Her voice. Her voice just pisses me off. Go watch Gundam 00 S2 for more. 2. The tone of her voice. That pitch makes me want to Shinning Wizard a puppy dog. 3. Can't act. Simple. 4. Don't like her voice type. 5. Her and Hana Kana=Unholy Alliance. 6. Jobber. Those are reasons why I hate her. Actually, the older VA comparison had something to do with it. Compared to them, she fails.

Looks like someone wins the "troll of the day" award. Congratulations! Rolling Eyes

EnigmaticSky wrote:

Spot on! Laughing

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
YamadaKun wrote:
EnigmaticSky wrote:

Not trolling. I think Tomatsu sucks. Got a problem with that?

Yes, because your reasoning is the exactly the same phrasing you'd use for any new seiyuu.

Kana Asumi: "she sucks because she sucks and she wasn't in old anime"
Aoi Yuuki: "bad and she sucks because I don't like her and she wasn't in old anime"

Your opinions are trash.

THIS^10

CrowLia wrote:
I'll add to what walw6pK4Alo said: You're like a boring and annoying broken record, and you seem to love to pop up at any discussion about anything you don't like because "it sucks, everything sucks, the old stuff was better". Seriously, sometimes I wonder where is Zac and his forum cleaning campaign when you need them.

I share your pain regarding this subject.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Seriously, sometimes I wonder where is Zac and his forum cleaning campaign when you need them.

Sorry, I was busy. He's gone.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
Seriously, sometimes I wonder where is Zac and his forum cleaning campaign when you need them.

posts being removed gone, or banned gone?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
banned gone
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Ugghh thank god. That guy was so painfully annoying and just had this ability to get under EVERYONES skin. I really got tired of him rambling off "facts" without a source to back them. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. If you are going to talk specifics you need some sources.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, that friend did have a point there, I can't really imagine super-energetic Tomatsu at a regular work place Laughing
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Tomato's got a lot of talent and I'm sure she'll be around for a long time--but she hasn't had any roles that I've been fond of recently. I think the last one would be Ranmaru from Binbougami ga!.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Loved her since the days of Corticarte in Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica back in 2007 <3

To be fair, her live-action role in RH Plus was quite a treat to see as well back in 2008 and I kind of wished she did a few more of these once in a while. It's absolutely amazing how much she's grown as a seiyuu over her 6-7 year career as well as her contribution in sphere and her solo singing career.

Having been to some of her live concerts, she is definitely an amusing character in person. She really knows how to put a smile on one's face.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

And that's why we love you Very Happy

Hopefully, no one will pop up to say that dude's opinion's been censored unjustly. The way he just kept spouting the same crap on every freaking thread (just this week he was in Madoka, KyoAni and here) was jarring and added nothing to the discussion except "this [insert] is crap because it's crap and everything nowadays is crap"

And I hated his icon, so it's great I won't have to see it around for a while Wink
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

And I hated his icon, so it's great I won't have to see it around for a while Wink

his avatar made things amusing if you imagined his posts being read by an angry wrestler
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4