• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
Nyaruko arrived this week.
here is the back of the box
came with some bonus magnet stickers

lem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
^nice pic potatochobit. what exactly is a magnet sticker?

NIS A just completed a revamp of their web store and it's back online as of today. Just pre-ordered their Feb 3rd release of Genshiken Second Generation Complete Premium Edition.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl: Complete Series Standard Edition (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 333 minutes - $59.99 - 12/9/14
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13 plus a story guide leaflet.

Special Features: Clean Openings and Endings, Japanese Commercial.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
So there are two Premium Editions of The Eccentric Family on NISA's site now:

The Eccentric Family Complete Premium Bonus Set
Quote:
Premium Bonus Set Includes:
  • Premium hardcover slipcase
  • 2 Blu-ray disc set (cases come with reversible covers)
    - Total of 13 episodes
    - Runtime: 307 mins
    - Original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles
    (Subtitles cannot be turned off)
  • Bonus features: Clean opening and ending, original Japanese TV spots, original Japanese trailers
  • A full-color, approx. 64-page hardcover art book with episode guide, character info, and gorgeous full color illustrations.

• Bonus Item: Whimsical Yasaburo and Yajiro rubber key covers with chain (size 1.5 in x 1.25 in, product is not finalized). These key covers fit most standard sized keys and are made of thick rubber that uniquely identify your keys while protecting them.

• NISA Store: $51.99
  • Rightstuf: $47.99

The Eccentric Family Premium Fujin-Raijin Fan Set
Quote:
Premium Bonus Set Includes:
  • Premium hardcover slipcase
  • 2 Blu-ray disc set (cases come with reversible covers)
    - Total of 13 episodes
    - Runtime: 307 mins
    - Original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles
    (Subtitles cannot be turned off)
  • Bonus features: Clean opening and ending, original Japanese TV spots, original Japanese trailers
  • A full-color, approx. 64-page hardcover art book with episode guide, character info, and gorgeous full color illustrations.

• Bonus Item: Whimsical Yasaburo and Yajiro rubber key covers with chain (size 1.5 in x 1.25 in, product is not finalized). These key covers fit most standard sized keys and are made of thick rubber that uniquely identify your keys while protecting them.

• Fujin-Raijin Fan (length size 10.5 in) - Limited supply! Cannot be restocked!
    This is a replica of Benten's Fujin-Raijin fan, which appears in some of the most memorable scenes throughout the series. The base material is washi paper, and the fan frame comes in the exact same color as seen in the show. Each fan has been hand-crafted individually by skilled craftsmen in Kyoto, and is made of washi paper and bamboo, and comes with a stamped protective case.

• Exclusive Giveaway - The Eccentric Family Clear File! (A4 size, exclusively from Japan)
    The clear file features a double-sided, full-color design that includes the logo from the "Uchoten Matsuri" (Eccentric Festival). This is an exclusive giveaway item obtained directly from The Eccentric Family creators, and is not found anywhere but in Japan.

• NISA Store: $99.99

Includes everything in the picture above plus:

In addition, there's another cute item to buy:

The Eccentric Family "Lucky Cat" Form Kinkaku and Ginkaku
Quote:
We're excited to bring you these unique hand-crafted items straight from Japan! The Kinkaku & Ginkaku Lucky Cat Set is sure to bring good luck and whimsical charm into your life.

But you'll have to hurry, as supplies are very limited. And once they're gone, they're gone for good!

For those of you who have seen the show, Kinkaku and Ginkaku reveal their Lucky Cat forms in episode 2.

The figures are made of washi paper, a traditional Japanese material passed down for over 400 years in the Gokayama area of the city of Nanto in Toyama Prefecture. Nanto is also home to the headquarters of P.A.WORKS, the animation studio responsible for The Eccentric Family.

Each set's endearing faces were hand-painted by an individual craftsman. The dolls are nice and compact, making them the perfect decoration for any space. The figures come with a box and a red paper mat. The Lucky Cat figures do not come with any signatures or serial numbers.

Size: 2.5in in height
Materials: Gokayama washi paper

• NISA Store: $29.99

Last edited by Crisha on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
I wanna get those lucky cats. They're hand-painted, hand-crafted items from Japan for a series I love. Seriously, how often do I get the opportunity to get collectibles like these?

And I'm debating whether or not paying twice as much is worth it for the fan and A4 clear file. My immediate gut reaction is "No" but then I stare too long at the picture and it wavers. That picture on the clear file looks so pretty. It's A4 size! You know you want a replica of Benten's fan. Wasn't the whole point of you wanting more Collector's Editions was so that you could splurge and get exclusive items for your favorite series? If not this series, then what else? And so I fall down the rabbit hole.

Oh wait, I'm not looking at the picture anymore, good sense is returning. There's no guarantee you'd get the clear file. It's a giveaway and knowing your luck you wouldn't get it. So you're basically buying the fan for the same amount as the tv series. Isn't getting the Lucky Cats enough of an exclusive item? They're hand-crafted and hand-painted from over there using a traditional technique! That's cooler than a picture. And don't forget those cute key covers. You've got an awesome set right there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
Wow they are really going all out for this release, which is really nice. But I am going to have to be good and stick to the regular premium edition.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
A rerelease of Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl? I watched the first episode a while ago and I'd definitely like to see the rest at some point.

As for The Eccentric Family, I just preordered the regular edition. I'm not concerned with special trinkets, I just want to own the show.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Criminal Girls LIMITED EDITION

available for pre-order
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Chronicles of the Going Home Club: Complete Series Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 288 minutes - $64.99 - 3/3/15
Quote:
This premium edition contains episodes 1-12 packaged in an artbox and comes with a hardcover, 64-page art book filled with detailed character info, interviews with cast members and production staff, original letters from the voice actors, and full-color illustrations.

Special Features: Clean Opening, Clean Endings, Japanese Trailers, Mini Theater.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
It appears that my pre-order on Eccentric Family was cancelled. Is it because I paid with paypal and it's been a month and it automatically cancelled? If so, should I just re-order it? Since this time, it comes out in less than a month/
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
Where did you pre-order it? I pre-ordered mine from NISA's website (using paypal as well) and I have not received a cancellation notice (just checked my e-mail). I pre-ordered the premium edition without the Fuujin-Raijin fan, and I also pre-ordered the Kinkaku and Ginkaku lucky cats.

Also, I made my pre-order on November 21st, so it's been over a month for me.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
I, too, pre-ordered from NISA's website (I did so on the 22nd of November). I didn't get a cancellation notice email, I just checked my paypal and though there was about $50 more in there than I was expecting. I had more than enough in my paypal account to cover it too, so it couldn't have been that.
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I, too, pre-ordered from NISA's website (I did so on the 22nd of November). I didn't get a cancellation notice email, I just checked my paypal and though there was about $50 more in there than I was expecting. I had more than enough in my paypal account to cover it too, so it couldn't have been that.

I remember making an order from them a while ago and on my paypal account the order showed that it was cancelled. But when they started shipping the anime, I received an email confirmation for shipping as usual and was eventually charged for it. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it until it is ready to ship.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Paypal has been really wonky lately
I got charged twice after it rejected payment for the same order and had to contact their customer service to remove expired credit cards because the system kept trying to charge them even when I selected a different card as primary payment

anyway, log in to paypal, at the top right click on the settings wheel, at the bottom right check your "preapproved payments" and see if it is still listed there

I ordered htoL#NiQ and will probably order chronicles of the going home club and genshiken new season soon.

__
sorry didn't see your question above
the stickers were a preorder giveaway, this is what they look like
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Did anyone who ordered Eccentric Family directly from NISA get a shipping confirmation yet?

Just wondering if I need to worry. I know it's only one day late though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 12