• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
@MaidenoftheRedHand - actually, you may be pleasantly surprised. Last time I checked, I think you can get an all-region BD player from Amazon for around $150-ish.

HDTVs can be surprisingly affordable, too, especially if you are willing to buy a perfectly fine last year's model at the end of this year.

I got a 54-inch Panasonic plasma with a ton of different inputs (including one for my laptotp) for about $1200 Cdn a few years ago. I'm sure you can do way better than that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
The cheapest options for region free BDs have been some OEM units sold in supermarkets (although no guarantee of firmware updates for them) or certain Australian models of Toshiba BD players (or the European model flashed with the Australian firmware).
I don't know where one might get the former at present, if they are even still available, and while I have one of the latter it was already discontinued when I got it years ago (which is why I snapped it up cheap).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I got a 54-inch Panasonic plasma with a ton of different inputs (including one for my laptotp) for about $1200 Cdn a few years ago. I'm sure you can do way better than that.

I bought a 55" LG 55LN5710 about a year ago for just under US$900. It has proven to be an excellent TV and computer monitor. That model is discontinued, of course, but its successors sell for about the same price, and there are now cheaper versions under $700 at Amazon.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/519561266168225792 | Available January 2015
Quote:
Hey, doods! If you missed out on the #LoveLive! Premium Edition we have a limited second run! http://bit.ly/LoveLive1
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
that's great
but as a collector who pre-ordered this item, you are lowering the value of my product by re-printing it a second time
let the slow kids suffer and own the regular edition
I'm just kidding.
still waiting for nyaruko W to ship
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
Thank god for that. That set really sold out at lightning speed.

The online retailer that I pre-ordered it from assured me that they had enough copies available for the people that pre-ordered it and that they were getting them on the 29th. Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them since...
lem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote
^Yes it sure did.

Having pre-ordered mine in early June saved me from wondering if I'd even be able to buy one at a reasonable price.

Now I'm curious if they're going to do an additional run of the other set: Love Live! School Idol Project 1st Season Premium Concert Set. Did they underestimate the initial demand for these two? or was it for something like the fear of reverse importing? or?
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
That set differed solely by the inclusion of a CD that's clearly imported from Japan. I don't think they have much of an ability to reoffer it.

@ potatochobit:
I was starting to feel like this'd be the one set they wouldn't.
lem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
^Just ordered this. It's back in stock. Very Happy
NISA wrote:

Premium Concert Set Includes:
• Love Live! Original Soundtrack - Notes of School idol days
(2 CDs, total of 68 songs, total runtime of 145 mins),
includes insert songs, opening theme, ending theme
(TV series of all versions) and episode 1's song,
"Private Wars" (Song by A-RISE)
• 2 Blu-ray disc set....

LoveLive! School idol project 1st Season Premium Concert Set
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI:

Genshiken: Second Generation Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 308 minutes - $64.99 - 2/3/15

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13 plus a full-color 64-page hardcover art book with episode guides, character info, interviews with cast members and production staff, an otaku terminology guide, and illustrations.

Special Featues: Genshiken Discussion Topics Bonus Shorts, Clean Openings and Endings.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
So glad that they actually gave it the proper title. So many people were calling it "Second Season" when it was airing, and it was rather annoying.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
It would appear that NIS America is switching to standard size packaging. I know that there are many fans of the big boxes, but they are hard to store in normal shelves and frankly, they are not that pleasing to look at.

If NIS America uses standard packaging (and releases all the episodes in one set) for Nagi no Asukara, it should convince me to buy it; I am a bit on the fence.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It would appear that NIS America is switching to standard size packaging. I know that there are many fans of the big boxes, but they are hard to store in normal shelves and frankly, they are not that pleasing to look at.

NISA has been doing a combination of standard and big boxes since they've rereleased Toradora!, but since their first two releases of 2015 are standard sized I think that it's safe to say that they'll be doing nothing of those. Apart from maybe season 2 of Love Live! because having two different sized boxes next to each other would look a bit weird.

I don't mind the big boxes because I've got very deep shelves, but I know that they can be a hassle to store if you have normal shelves.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
So glad that they actually gave it the proper title. So many people were calling it "Second Season" when it was airing, and it was rather annoying.

But the name really is Second Season. That is the title of the manga. I can see how it may be confusing to some people as it isn't really the "second season", but that was the official name of the show when it aired.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Nidaime (二代目) means Second Generation.

That's a fact.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 12