• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Wish I had the money for the KnT premium editions. C'est la vie.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I've had the KnT sets for ages, so no panic for me. I don't think I'll wait too long after Working 2 comes out to snag it. I remember being surprised how quickly the first Working set went OOP (seemed to be only a matter of months).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, now I just have to keep an eye on Brave 10, Daily Lives of High School Boys, both Hanasaku Iroha sets, sets 3 and 4 of Natsume's Book of Friends, Princess and the Pilot, and both Yuruyuri sets. So, 9 to get all caught up, so to speak.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
May as well add Wagnaria 2 to that list, Sailor S - it comes out next Tuesday. I need everything you listed except Natsume 3 & 4.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and like you I'll be keeping a close eye on that one. I believe I was at Anime Boston when the first one sold out at the distributor level, and I couldn't recall if TRSI had sold out of it too, but I do remember finding the last copy of it in the dealer's room, so I grabbed it. Cost me $50, which was probably MSRP, but it was better than missing out entirely.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Just checked my TRSI archive and I paid $43.99 for Wagnaria so you didn't do too bad at all.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

AGAIN I SAY, GOSH DANGIT. Gonna have to make ANOTHER TRSI order. Fak my wallet.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
WTK wrote:

AGAIN I SAY, GOSH DANGIT. Gonna have to make ANOTHER TRSI order. Fak my wallet.

Don't think you have to worry anymore since the counters are gone for all 3 of them. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
No, they are still there. As WTK pointed out, there is something weird going on with TRSI's site. If you just click on a direct link, the counters aren't there. If you go directly to the TRSI site and use their search function and then click on the link, you'll see the counters. Right now set 1 is at 29, set 2 is at 34 and set 3 is at 43.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
Oh, oops. I missed that post of WTK's. My bad. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Oh, oops. I missed that post of WTK's. My bad. Embarassed

I thought the same thing at first, and thought I didn't have (like I HAVE to buy anime Cool ) to make another order so soon. Laughing
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I recently got Natsume's Book of Friends season 3 and season 4 is in the mail; I got the first set last year. I'm keeping an eye on the Yuru Yuri sets as well. I tend to put off ordering them as I find them handy for when I want to order something that's not enough for free shipping as the NISA sets by themselves meet the criteria or come very close. I'm also considering The Princess and the Pilot and Nyaruko and possibly Daily Lives of High School Boys (I need to check a few episodes on the last one-I don't like to blind buy expensive items).
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
TRSI link: http://www.rightstuf.com/i/813633013770
Hulu movie streaming link (via TMS Ent.): http://www.hulu.com/fuse-memoirs-of-the-hunter-girl

Santa Ana, CA (February 5, 2014) – NIS America is excited to announce that Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress Premium Edition, the thrilling film about a young huntress named Hamaji who moves to Edo and quickly finds herself mixed up in the struggle between a human and dog hybrid known as Shino and the Shogunate will be released on May 6, 2014. This title will come on a single Blu-ray disc, with a fully illustrated hardcover art book and collectible slipcase.

It will be available at the following select online retailers: Right Stuf, The Anime Corner Store, Anime Pavilion, and NIS America Online Store.

About the extras:
- Hardcover art book, “Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress” (full color, 32 pages) provides a deeper viewing experience with character info, concept sketches, an interview with the director and setting illustrations. - Japanese commercials

MSRP: $49.99
Release Date: May 6, 2014
Length: Approx. 110 mins
Format: 1 Blu-ray
Language: Japanese audio, English subtitles

------

via NIS America Online Store

Exclusive Bonus Item (while supplies last!)
- Fusé Tear-resistant Poster (11"x17")
Click here to view bonus item

One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

I saw this on Hulu (stopped counting after 25 ads--way to kill the immersion hulu!) and I thought it was pretty decent. I'm looking forward to picking it up (like to see what the back of the artbox looks like though), but its one of the few titles that NISA has released that I wish had a dub because I know several friends who could get into this movie if it did. Nice to see some stuff picked up that I wasn't aware even existed.

Hmmm...the sample of the poster they have up doesn't look like the characters much, especially the girl.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
[URL=conta.cc/1myzrzQ]via RACS[/URL]
Quote:
The folks at NISA let us know this week that their Premium release of Wagnaria!! Season 2 (which I just finished watching again) is now completely sold out at wholesale. More units will be available in about a month, and I'm pretty sure we have enough on hand to bridge the gap between now and then, so it shouldn't cause any problems. Not sure if this will be the last pressing though - hint hint.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12