• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
here is a picture from rightstuf
why does it ship in long boxes instead of square boxes lol

Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

why does it ship in long boxes instead of square boxes lol

So that they don't have to stack the box sets on top of each other. This way, there's no additional weight put on the boxes which could potentially warp/damage them.

Also, EXCITED Surprised
Akaname

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Toradora unboxing video

Has anyone else had the issue with the art book being inexplicably damaged, 4:50 into video? This and the overlapping discs are giving me second thoughts on picking this up.

And it also isn't qualifying for rightstuf's current sale because they can't seem to keep it in stock.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
My Torodoro book is in fine condition. I had no damage on any of the parts. I note the book has a 28 page art gallery not in the prior limited DVD editions. I find the overlapping disks to be a minor irritation at worst.

RACS reports it in stock. Their base price is $99.98 however they currently are running a 10% off sale (key word SERVICECLUB) on instock items. This would also qualify for free shipping in the US.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Akaname wrote:
Toradora unboxing video

Has anyone else had the issue with the art book being inexplicably damaged, 4:50 into video? This and the overlapping discs are giving me second thoughts on picking this up.

And it also isn't qualifying for rightstuf's current sale because they can't seem to keep it in stock.

Ughh, mine hasn't shipped yet because it's on the same order as Shana season 2 S.A.V.E edition AND Short Peace, which both say 'reserved for my order' (despite Short Peace having an August release date). I also have Vampire Knight complete collection in another order that's listed as 'reserved' so who even knows when anything will actually ship out. I pre-ordered it the day it was announced, so they better not run out while I'm waiting.

How do you people always get your pre-orders shipped out early? Do you simply order things one at a time? Are you ONLY ordering one thing and don't have anything else on pre-order? Are you paying the extra shipping charge to release it on its own? I don't think I've ever had a pre-order ship early or on its actual release date since there are almost always other other pre-orders in the same order.
Akaname

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
How do you people always get your pre-orders shipped out early? Do you simply order things one at a time? Are you ONLY ordering one thing and don't have anything else on pre-order? Are you paying the extra shipping charge to release it on its own? I don't think I've ever had a pre-order ship early or on its actual release date since there are almost always other other pre-orders in the same order.

Both Rightstuf and RACS fulfill orders when they get stock in, they don't wait for official release dates. I usually make pre-orders based on release dates and shipping charges. During Rightstuf's last Sentai sale, I made four separate orders, rather than one big one. For example, one order consisted of Watamote and Kinmoza because they have the same release date and it was enough to qualify for free shipping. I assume both will ship at the same time, and arrive earlier than their actual release date.

How long have you been shopping at Rightstuf? In my experience, they ship out partial orders all the time. I don't think they give it much priority, though, as they only charge you for shipping once.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
anything over 50$ separate into it's own order
so you could have ordered shana and short piece in one order and toradora in a separate order and it would have shipped last week
they may still ship your early items but it will take a week or two first
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
@Sohma_Curse

If you have things that are in but haven't shipped, contact customer service for the company in question. That will usually break things loose unless they are temporarily out.

And yes. I usually try to separate instock orders from preorders. However, I usually don't preorder unless I think there will be a problem with limited numbers. This is not usually necessary though.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice guys! I didn't know if splitting orders up would make a difference because I figured TRSI would just group all the orders going to one address together and whatever is scheduled to be released soon within ANY of the orders, they'd hold off and pack them all together to save on the shipping.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys! I didn't know if splitting orders up would make a difference because I figured TRSI would just group all the orders going to one address together and whatever is scheduled to be released soon within ANY of the orders, they'd hold off and pack them all together to save on the shipping.

As I understand it from the TRSI forums they have a tendency to send partial shipments every other week on Tuesday; I believe next Tuesday will be a partial shipment day. I'll find out because I have an order with 2 items "reserved for your order" and one that has been "on order from manufacturer" for months (the other items were preorders). As for combining items from different orders they do that sometimes but are kind of inconsistent with that.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I've ever had a pre-order from RightStuf delayed by anything else in my order. And I know for sure I've had pre-orders come in ahead of time while something else in the order was backordered.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Toradora LE to come in, but I'm seriously bummed about the overlapping disks. I hate those second only to stack packs. Grrrr...
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Just got my deluxe set today and it was perfect-ordered it direct from NISA.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
http://bayoab.info/live/old.php?panel=307

15:12:06 <bay> Hanasaku Iroha movie
15:13:48 <bay> Coming out October 14th 2014
15:13:52 <bay> available for pre-order now
15:14:35 <bay> Nyarko: Crawling With Love
15:15:43 <bay> Second season
15:15:53 <bay> November 4, 2014
15:16:01 <bay> available now for pre-order

Title: Hanasaku Iroha the Movie ~ HOME SWEET HOME ~ Premium Edition
MSRP: $49.99
RELEASE DATE: October 14, 2014
FORMAT: Blu-ray
LANGUAGE: Japanese audio, English subtitles

About the extras:
- Hardcover art book (full color, 32 pages) which provides a deeper viewing experience through scene-by-scene director commentary, staff member interviews, concept sketches, and setting illustrations.
- Original Japanese commercials

TITLE: Nyaruko: Crawling with Love! Second Season Premium Edition
MSRP: $64.99
RELEASE DATE: 11/4/2014
FORMAT: 2 Blu-ray disc set
LANGUAGE: Japanese audio, English subtitles
RUNTIME: 288 mins/12 episodes

About the extras:
- Nyarlathotep-tested, alien-approved hardcover art book (full color, approx. 36 pages) with episode guide, character info, and gorgeous full color illustrations.
- Clean opening and endings, Japanese trailers
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
Just got my deluxe set today and it was perfect-ordered it direct from NISA.
I'm still waiting on mine from NISA. I preordered it via PayPal back in March, and it's been listed as "pending" on my statement list since July 3rd. So I have no idea what's going on. If it doesn't charge my account by Tuesday, I plan to contact NISA to see what's up, and then PayPal if I need to.

I ordered the Toradora! set for my brother as his birthday gift, which was yesterday. He knows I ordered it, and knows about the issue. It just sucks that it hasn't arrived yet.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
Akaname wrote:
This and the overlapping discs are giving me second thoughts on picking this up.

That's my only issue with the Toradora set; Why couldn't using Bang Zoom for dubbing be the only thing they picked up from Bandai?

Well, that's with set. With the show, I'm having some issues with subtitle timings, mistranslations, untranslations, episode menu titles only be shown after I select them and extras being on the first and third rather than second and fourth.

But hey, the subtitles are all spelled right.
I know it made more sense when I first saw it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 12